The evolution of the English language

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
So the ice is receding even though we're still in an ice age?

When the ice finishes receding (before it advances again) the current ice cycle comes to an "official end". Just because it receded from Redding 12,000 years ago didn't mean that it ended at that point. It is till receding, just like it did from Britain but it is happening farther north, much farther south and farther up in elevation, still.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
look up the word "ma"
in almost every language round the world

I'm not too sure about that. There are lots of languages.

When the ice finishes receding (before it advances again) the current ice cycle comes to an "official end". Just because it receded from Redding 12,000 years ago didn't mean that it ended at that point. It is till receding, just like it did from Britain but it is happening farther north, much farther south and farther up in elevation, still.

I don't believe the ice is receding. There's more now in the Actic sand Antarctic than there was a few years ago.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I'm not too sure about that. There are lots of languages.

I don't believe the ice is receding. There's more now in the Actic sand Antarctic than there was a few years ago.

Visit Canada. We can show you receding ice in both the mountains and on the Arctic archipelago.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
It's pointless to explain anything to him. He's dim. You'll have better luck talking to a dog. He doesn't grasp the meaning of articles or reports. He blindly trusts the BBC.

Seriously, you're trying to reason with the British version of selfsame.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
It's pointless to explain anything to him. He's dim. You'll have better luck talking to a dog. He doesn't grasp the meaning of articles or reports. He blindly trusts the BBC.

Seriously, you're trying to reason with the British version of selfsame.

That's the Canadian version of selfsame arguing with the British version of selfsame
;)

popcorn Murph?

German is a derivative of protoeuropean

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
er...all of us?

lol
the "canadian" I meant in my quote was CC
Heh hEh
(IMHO....:))

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I see. I don't argue with BL. He's too dim. It would be unfair. He tries to keep up, but fails miserably.