The Essence of Fascism

Northboy

Electoral Member
I'd rather not commit to centrism as a rule since policy needs to be dealt with on a case-by-case basis although I do prefer the possibility of balance the term implies. I wouldn't call it a partnership, either. More like ideally Democracy is its own benevolent despot with a "don't make me come over there" attitude. Not that there'd never be call to go "over there".

I think of the center as the balance also. My comments always take into account that we are forever changing, and what is the "Centre" today will not be the "Centre" in the future...

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
LOL!

that's rich. so to speak. :wink:

I've never figured out if the Liberals take that crap seriously or they're just giving the corporates a sandbox to play in to keep them off their backs.

I'm very much afraid that they do. I see the liberals as having abandoned the centrist position a long time ago, Manley, Emerson, Martin etc; I think they're just a more sophisticated machine than the Conservatives but just as dedicated to the road the CCCE has us on. I also have deep reservations about the NDP and thier silence on the matter. Politically I think the inevitability of the deal has been bought by all sides. If it wern't for Maude Barlow and Mel Hurtig I would have little hope for the future.:wave:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The experiment I have been living through seems to be how fast the upper crust can eat the planet, and how bloated and concentrated wealth can become.:wave:

The concentration of wealth was a natural byproduct of the indusrial age where centralization was considered necessary. As the industrial age wanes, there will be a corresponding drop in the concentration of wealth.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
The concentration of wealth was a natural byproduct of the indusrial age where centralization was considered necessary. As the industrial age wanes, there will be a corresponding drop in the concentration of wealth.

The Industrial Revolution stripped the commons to stuff the factorys, the concentration of wealth and power are byproducts of greed and applied terrorism. If you think my children and I will wait for a couple of hundred years for the concentration of wealth to undergo a hypothetical natural equlibrium
you're mistaken.Centralization of power is always the aim of the overlords.:wave:

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
I'm very much afraid that they do. I see the liberals as having abandoned the centrist position a long time ago, Manley, Emerson, Martin etc; I think they're just a more sophisticated machine than the Conservatives but just as dedicated to the road the CCCE has us on. I also have deep reservations about the NDP and thier silence on the matter. Politically I think the inevitability of the deal has been bought by all sides. If it wern't for Maude Barlow and Mel Hurtig I would have little hope for the future.:wave:

I did find Dion's remarks during his acceptance speech about the NDP not understanding the modern economy to be rather telling. They have spoken out against it in not particularly reactionary terms. I'm sure they'd be able to make their position on the venture more prominent if they had the same amount of cash behind them that's being made available by the program's backers.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I did find Dion's remarks during his acceptance speech about the NDP not understanding the modern economy to be rather telling. They have spoken out against it in not particularly reactionary terms. I'm sure they'd be able to make their position on the venture more prominent if they had the same amount of cash behind them that's being made available by the program's backers.

I didn't hear that but I read it somewhere, I have always supported the NDP but, I think contrary to Dion, not only do they understand the economy they try to appease and assure that same faction.The red scare is still very much alive as you no doubt understand.
You can't have your cash and eat it too.

PS: thanks for the Polanyi site, it is a rewarding slog ,interesting period stuff,

Concordia has all of the stuff but they want money, wish I could hack.:wave: