Thanks for nothin, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
DEAD ON!

Geezus, one minute the lefties are crying because we are too close to Bush, the next they whine because Daddy Bush has not patted them on the head.

Spare me.

Not quite!
If the so-called leader of the free world mentions one country, he has to mention them all. Leaving out Canada was a deliberate affront, as it would be with any country that had made a significant contribution to this effort. Nobody could be that stupid. This is not the first time Bush has left Canada out of his praise after we had made the effort.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
"What's even funnier is that softwood lumber has always been excluded under the free trade agreements, and yet many keep bringing it up as if it were. Oh ya, Canada took exception to Canadian Cultural issues under the free trade agreements."

My point exactly.

One of our major industries was excluded from an agreement that was supposed to guarentee free trade. And thousands of our manufacturing jobs went south and then even further south when American companies started setting up shop in Mexico.

There's a reason the Conservative Party virtually dissappered during the early 1990s.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Bush never liked Canada ever since Gore was an official Canadian hopeful.

This thread is really childish. The same people bitching how much of a moron bush is and who the hell listens to anything he says, now complain about something he didn't say.

Hellloooooo!

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
"What's even funnier is that softwood lumber has always been excluded under the free trade agreements, and yet many keep bringing it up as if it were. Oh ya, Canada took exception to Canadian Cultural issues under the free trade agreements."

My point exactly.

One of our major industries was excluded from an agreement that was supposed to guarentee free trade. And thousands of our manufacturing jobs went south and then even further south when American companies started setting up shop in Mexico.

There's a reason the Conservative Party virtually dissappered during the early 1990s.

I know what your point is, but you left out the flip side of the point.

Your Canadian Content Cultural industry, or whatever it is they call it, was taken out of the equation also. THAT'S WHY you get to have Canadian Content Laws.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Not quite!
If the so-called leader of the free world mentions one country, he has to mention them all. Leaving out Canada was a deliberate affront, as it would be with any country that had made a significant contribution to this effort. Nobody could be that stupid. This is not the first time Bush has left Canada out of his praise after we had made the effort.
Big deal. :roll:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

My point exactly.

Yeah, the reason was Lyin' Brian and his shenanigans.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
The real reason Bush hates Canada is that segment of "TALKING TO AMERICANS" where Rick Mercer gets him to refer to Chretien as PM Poutin. :D

RUEZ

Nominee Member
Feb 12, 2007
PG
I'm sure the dead Canadian soldiers are laughing their guts out right now.

Thank you Mr. Bush.:pukeright:
Bush didn't ram two jet's into the WTC. What would you have them do ignore it? Why does Canada enter into alliances if we don't intend on upholding them?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Bush has never liked Canada and even referred to Mexico as their most important neighbour after Canada took care of all diverted flights on 11.09.01. This is old news and Canadians are certainly not the type of people that would even accept or want praises from Bush.
Has something to do with the fact that Chretien,and his nephew the ambassador to the US, hated Bush, made it plain they didn't like Bush, and generally did everything possible to be an ignorant neighbor. It takes a while to recover from the kind of international ignorance that was running rampant for years.

You don't do yourself any favors by insulting the leader of another country. There was a time when "diplomacy" meant something.

Status
Not open for further replies.