Thank you Stephen Harper

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Meh, he's humourless and dull.

I know eh...most of these madhatters, lurkers, negreppers and other tense folk really need to get out more...today would be a good a day as any to begin their new serene life...have a hot chocolate and watch the Santa Claus Parade. :lol:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I know eh...most of these madhatters, lurkers, negreppers and other tense folk really need to get out more...today would be a good a day as any to begin their new serene life...have a hot chocolate and watch the Santa Claus Parade. :lol:

I'm heading out for brunch and shopping soon myself.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
Meh, he's humourless and dull.

don't you guys... and gal... have a sandbox to play in within the "members lounge"? Why the burning desire to throw down trivial unrelated one-liner quips and images in threads... and distract/derail threads? Wassup with that?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
That reminds me....gotta start cutting up a piece of moose a neighbor gave me about a month ago...
That and some baked sweet potatoes in the oven...Bye!

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009

do you ever... get out... of here? :lol:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I'm prepping a blade roast for a nice low, slow tender supper later. :smile:

Sweet! Gotta tell me how do you season?

don't you guys... and gal... have a sandbox to play in within the "members lounge"? Why the burning desire to throw down trivial unrelated one-liner quips and images in threads... and distract/derail threads? Wassup with that?

Well if you don't like how we do things, you're always free to leave.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
Well if you don't like how we do things, you're always free to leave.

I appreciate you guys... and gal... like how your clubhouse runs! But, here's a thought: when thread after thread loses sight of what thread OPs were intended for, do you think that encourages real related discussion and attracts/keeps members interested in meaningful dialogue/exchange..... or does it simply reinforce your personal clubhouse doesn't appear to have any enforced rules against purposeful thread derail/distraction?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I appreciate you guys... and gal... like how your clubhouse runs! But, here's a thought: when thread after thread loses sight of what thread OPs were intended for, do you think that encourages real related discussion and attract/keep members interested in meaningful dialogue/exchange..... or does it simply reinforce your personal clubhouse doesn't appear to have any enforced rules against purposeful thread derail/distraction?
And yet you continue to waste your time (and ours) here. . .

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
And yet you continue to waste your time (and ours) here. . .

don't worry about my minimal time expenditure. I suggest you set your sights higher... "be all you can be"!!! A discussion board for real meaningful discussion/exhange - what a concept!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I appreciate you guys... and gal... like how your clubhouse runs! But, here's a thought: when thread after thread loses sight of what thread OPs were intended for, do you think that encourages real related discussion and attracts/keeps members interested in meaningful dialogue/exchange..... or does it simply reinforce your personal clubhouse doesn't appear to have any enforced rules against purposeful thread derail/distraction?

Relax!!

It's a conversation, sometimes it goes off on tangents.

Just respond to the posts you consider worthwhile, leave the jackboots in the closet.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
don't worry about my minimal time expenditure. I suggest you set your sights higher... "be all you can be"!!! A discussion board for real meaningful discussion/exhange - what a concept!
For values of discussion/exhange [sic] = pointless whining about Mr. Harper.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009

I've had a look at a few long-standing threads that, by title/OP appeared interesting. Over and over I saw a very interesting post made, only to have it immediately buried with, quite literally, a dozen+ unrelated 'nothingness' juvenile posts. Anyone checking in on those threads, unless they took the time to weed back on through pages of unrelated 'nothingness', would never see the interesting/meaningful/OP related posts. Of course, some of that is purposeful if a member is inclined to want to bury another's post. Just sayin! Unrelated conversation should be meant for such forums as the "Lounge" or "Chat"... not within other formal forums.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I've had a look at a few long-standing threads that, by title/OP appeared interesting. Over and over I saw a very interesting post made, only to have it immediately buried with, quite literally, a dozen+ unrelated 'nothingness' juvenile posts. Anyone checking in on those threads, unless they took the time to weed back on through pages of unrelated 'nothingness', would never see the interesting/meaningful/OP related posts. Of course, some of that is purposeful if a member is inclined to want to bury another's post. Just sayin!
Several times now.

Calculate five or six hundred more and it'll start to seep in that nobody here really cares what you think, nobody here is going to follow your orders, and your time would probably be more profitably spent on some oh-so-sincere lefty website where everybody deplores whatever you're deploring these days, and feels all self-righteous about how they're changing the world.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I've had a look at a few long-standing threads that, by title/OP appeared interesting. Over and over I saw a very interesting post made, only to have it immediately buried with, quite literally, a dozen+ unrelated 'nothingness' juvenile posts. Anyone checking in on those threads, unless they took the time to weed back on through pages of unrelated 'nothingness', would never see the interesting/meaningful/OP related posts. Of course, some of that is purposeful if a member is inclined to want to bury another's post. Just sayin! Unrelated conversation should be meant for such forums as the "Lounge" or "Chat"... not within other formal forums.

.... And yet, here you are, adding talking points that take the conversation farther away from the OP topic.

Ironic, isn't it?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Relax!!

Just respond to the posts you consider worthwhile, leave the jackboots in the closet.

You mean the way we continue to talk around his posts and carry on as we were? Like that?

Because honestly if you or Bear didn't bother with him, the poor guy would have no one to talk to at all.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
.... And yet, here you are, adding talking points that take the conversation farther away from the OP topic.

Ironic, isn't it?

no - what's ironic is you presuming to suggest irony. Don't you guys... and gal... get tired of the same ole, same ole, day after day? Where you simply throw down your presumed clever unrelated-to-the-OP one-liner quips... possibly inter-mingled with some silly-assed graphic (also unrelated-to-the-OP)? Of course, within that distraction one can usually read a lot of 'high-fivin, back-slapping, hee-haw' insults directed at other members you choose to collectively label "lefties". It's too bad you... righties... can't elevate your game!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
no - what's ironic is you presuming to suggest irony. Don't you guys... and gal... get tired of the same ole, same ole, day after day?

Well, yes, actually. But it beats hell out of incessant "Harper is the Antichrist" whining.

Where you simply throw down your presumed clever unrelated-to-the-OP one-liner quips... possibly inter-mingled with some silly-assed graphic (also unrelated-to-the-OP)? Of course, within that distraction one can usually read a lot of 'high-fivin, back-slapping, hee-haw' insults directed at other members you choose to collectively label "lefties". It's too bad you... righties... can't elevate your game!
The good news is that we can rely on you to never, ever be clever.