Thank you Stephen Harper

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Andrew Kimber ‏@AndrewKimber

All those Libs who say Harper has diminished Canada's standing on the world stage should look at today's international headlines

"I guess I’ll shake your hand but I have only one thing to say to you: you need to get out of Ukraine,"

Western leaders confront Putin at G20 with threat of more sanctions | Reuters

and just about every other world headline today.

I think you're confusing slithering presstitutes with the world. Harper should have been punched in the face for his cheap little shot while standing with his homies. In the real world Putin would have thrown him against the wall.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
if Harper hadn't said, done or gestured anything, the hipsters would be all over him...so he likely did the right thing just to make them madder than they already are. :lol:

oh, and probably made some progress with that Canadian couple being held by the commies.

so all in all, a feather in our caps even if the Canadian haters be upset.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Listen Connie that little dispensationalist stooge made us lose face by insulting a quest, a very important quest of the Chinese government. That fu ckin thing is not Canadian it's just barely human, you don't know where it's been.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
whaaaa! Initial articles left the impression this Putin-Harpo exchange was captured by mainstream media... which, of course, resulted in the criticism that Harper was simply posturing... playing for the media/cameras. But surprise, surprise! None of the supposed exchange was captured by anyone... other than short-pant kids from the PMO. All this comes down to a PMO spokesperson... pumping Dear Leader's tires before the world! Clearly, Harper hiding out in that closet still burns Conservatives and the PMO is working hard, feverishly hard, to try and overcome that image!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Charles AdlerVerified account ‏@charlesadler

Next time Trudeau vomits up ancient Liberal canard about #Canada losing worldwide respect under @PmHarper's leadership, remember this day.[/QUOTE]
As what, a monumental move in that direction? Russia has sent in how thousands of trucks with humanitarian aid? What was Canada's contribution so far, a few million in military supplies to the rulers in Kiev.

Putin should have invited him to a tour of Crimea and then some human right things about Reservation in the land of the free.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
just more of Harper's bully-boy routine! :mrgreen:

I bet you would have been squirting in your nickers if the Demented Mangina Child King had said it.

Man you are an idiot.:lol:

Where's Waldo?

He's attached to the inner wall of Justine's rectum.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
don't be too mad wildo. :lol:

not too mad... not mad at all locuteus. Confirmed by the Ruskies, you say... you mean the part where it's the Ruskies actually providing Putin's supposed "We aren't there" response. That one? :mrgreen:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
if Harper hadn't said, done or gestured anything, the hipsters would be all over him...so he likely did the right thing just to make them madder than they already are. :lol:

oh, and probably made some progress with that Canadian couple being held by the commies.

so all in all, a feather in our caps even if the Canadian haters be upset.

Oh yeah a feather in Canadian's caps.

Exactly what did this accomplish for Canadians?

I'm far from being upset, I just think it's sad and reeks of electionism and "I know you are but what am I?" Schoolyard Mentality of trying to impress others in the playground.

Harper tried to sound tough & smart, and then Putin quipped back and literally cancelled the whole thing out. Even if Putin is lying about having Russians over the border, he sounded a lot smarter than Harper and ended the whole thing without making it out to being more than what it was.

Charles AdlerVerified account ‏@charlesadler

Next time Trudeau vomits up ancient Liberal canard about #Canada losing worldwide respect under @PmHarper's leadership, remember this day.

Pfft... I will always and forever remember Harper as the guy in the closet.

whaaaa! Initial articles left the impression this Putin-Harpo exchange was captured by mainstream media... which, of course, resulted in the criticism that Harper was simply posturing... playing for the media/cameras. But surprise, surprise! None of the supposed exchange was captured by anyone... other than short-pant kids from the PMO. All this comes down to a PMO spokesperson... pumping Dear Leader's tires before the world! Clearly, Harper hiding out in that closet still burns Conservatives and the PMO is working hard, feverishly hard, to try and overcome that image!

And they never will just as Bush couldn't shake off the flying shoe at his head being one of the final big mockery's of his presidency.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Oh yeah a feather in Canadian's caps.

Exactly what did this accomplish for Canadians?

I'm far from being upset, I just think it's sad and reeks of electionism and "I know you are but what am I?" Schoolyard Mentality of trying to impress others in the playground.

Harper tried to sound tough & smart, and then Putin quipped back and literally cancelled the whole thing out. Even if Putin is lying about having Russians over the border, he sounded a lot smarter than Harper and ended the whole thing without making it out to being more than what it was.

He's been very vocal about Crimea and Ukraine. So he acts like a man when meeting Putin face to face instead of taking the usual photo op handshake and its electionism? Some folks can't be swayed even a little when it comes to Harper I suppose. It's easier to be a hater.

Waldo: why are you retired? It sure seems like you've still got a lot of keyboard warrior left in you! :shock:

Why are you so obsessed with Harper? Does he have a restraining order against you? 50 or 100?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Mike Hansen ‏@MikeHansen613

It's good to have a leader that I know gets me, not just in policy, but in the look of contempt on his face.

And yet will still end up doing nothing in the end because he's a chicken sh*t who only has words and no action.

But hey, I suppose his so-called one liner at Putin excuses everything else he and his party has done over the years, it also magically unifies the nation and makes us all want to hold hands and it also somehow magically stopped global warming.

Yes, let's all praise and bow before the glorious leader for telling Putin to get out of Ukraine. He sure showed him :rolleyes:

You do, otherwise you wouldn't say a word about it.

Actually I don't. I already know some members in here, like you, would neg rep anything someone says that doesn't shine a light up Harper's azz and may sound a bit harsh towards his real threat level.

I was just beating you to the punch before I even posted my reply.

One could also look at what I said as a reflection on how predictable some people in here are.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
And yet will still end up doing nothing in the end because he's a chicken sh*t who only has words and no action.

But hey, I suppose his so-called one liner at Putin excuses everything else he and his party has done over the years, it also magically unifies the nation and makes us all want to hold hands and it also somehow magically stopped global warming.

Yes, let's all praise and bow before the glorious leader for telling Putin to get out of Ukraine. He sure showed him :rolleyes:

Actually I don't. I already know some members in here, like you, would neg rep anything someone says that doesn't shine a light up Harper's azz and may sound a bit harsh towards his real threat level.

I was just beating you to the punch before I even posted my reply.

One could also look at what I said as a reflection on how predictable some people in here are.

Ahhh....he has supported sanctions, aid to the Ukraine, and military assets to Poland.

What do you want? An F-18 attack on Moscow?

Oh, and global warming stopped 18 years ago.