Thank You Mr. Ramsey: 3 Girls Saved

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Who suggested killing anyone without a trial? You're the only one who's mentioned that

Actually, you asked...

Can anyone give me one valid reason why these degenerates should be allowed to live...

I have merely pointed out that these degenerates haven't had their day in court and that is a valid reason to not kill them. Do you disagree and is it possible to answer a question without a personal insult?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Actually, you asked...

I have merely pointed out that these degenerates haven't had their day in court and that is a valid reason to not kill them. Do you disagree and is it possible to answer a question without a personal insult?

How many times have I said "AFTER they've been convicted in court"?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
How many times have I said "AFTER they've been convicted in court"?

You can say it as many times as you like. When I pointed out the lack of a conviction as a reason not to kill them, you commented...

All three of which are very weak.

Clearly, when you posted that, you felt not having a conviction was a "weak" reason not to kill them. I have trouble with your flip flops. You really should pick a side and stick with it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You can say it as many times as you like. When I pointed out the lack of a conviction as a reason not to kill them, you commented...

Clearly, when you posted that, you felt not having a conviction was a "weak" reason not to kill them. I have trouble with your flip flops. You really should pick a side and stick with it.

Hey Einstein, does Sunday follow Saturday? So in every conversation about Sunday, it is not necessary to reiterate that it follows Saturday. A trial by one's peers is a concept that has been accepted for several hundred years. Only a moron has to have that explained to him every time.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It's times like this I really resent that a few people made the steel cage go away.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Instead of one person abusing the Rep system, and another bringing that fact up at almost every single opportunity, how about we concentrate on the fact that three girls that were missing for ten years have been rescued and they will get to spend time with their families again? That is what we should be talking about in this thread.

I don't trust people who tell people what they "should" do.

Use your mod ray gun and zap all these nasty threads that don't agree with your philosophy.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't trust people who tell people what they "should" do.

Use your mod ray gun and zap all these nasty threads that don't agree with your philosophy.

Yep, when a topic is posted you pretty well have to let it take its own path (as long as it's on topic). The fact that there is one poster who has the mentality of a three year old, shouldn't have any effect on the thread, it's the poster who needs "adjustment" not the thread!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Nah. My neighbours don't have a basement.:roll:

-----------------------------

"""He asked for valid reasons not lefty excuses"""

Er, Tax; nothing to do with the OP, but:

Bundy, Gacey, Manson, just to name 3 , were all republicans.

One more reason to execute them.LOL

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Instead of one person abusing the Rep system, and another bringing that fact up at almost every single opportunity, how about we concentrate on the fact that three girls that were missing for ten years have been rescued and they will get to spend time with their families again? That is what we should be talking about in this thread.

I can live with that and I will be more discreet. Is that satisfactory?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Discretion can be tough at times depending on what you are dealing with. -:)

These ladies are going to need years of counseling. The 2 that were kidnapped at a young age will also have education needs.

The horrors they went thru are beyond imagination. Hopefully the State and City step up with help. I am sure the community will but they cannot do it all.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
These ladies are going to need years of counseling. The 2 that were kidnapped at a young age will also have education needs.

The horrors they went thru are beyond imagination. Hopefully the State and City step up with help. I am sure the community will but they cannot do it all.

Personally my feelings wouldn't be hurt if they each got $1million victim impact award, the money to be raised by the perpetrators breaking rocks at $10 an hour.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Personally my feelings wouldn't be hurt if they each got $1million victim impact award, the money to be raised by the perpetrators breaking rocks at $10 an hour.

They are dirt poor. The owner of the house was losing it due to unpaid taxes.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
They are dirt poor. The owner of the house was losing it due to unpaid taxes.

We have to be careful here for obvious reasons. We don't know yet who is responsible, so I was just saying for whoever is guilty. One thing we are pretty sure of, the girls didn't chain themselves up for 10 years. But if the perpetrator is poor that should be a better reason for him to get busy on the rock pile! -:)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
This dude had other horrific charges against him which were dismissed because he didn't show up. WTF?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Just heard on the CBC News that Charles Ramsey was suggested to be the recipient of tens of thousands of dollars of reward money.

Mr. (and I do mean MISTER) Ramsey suggested the money go to the girls..............

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Just heard on the CBC News that Charles Ramsey was suggested to be the recipient of tens of thousands of dollars of reward money.

Mr. (and I do mean MISTER) Ramsey suggested the money go to the girls..............
except that now there seems to be another neighbour who was "more" involved with freeing them

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Quite a guy. My hat is off to him.