Tesla's electric cars aren't as green as you might think

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Not sure how many but I do remember some had sawdust furnaces with a screw-feed. As for coal I met some smart-ass Vancouverites who scorned me for the fact that I came from a country "so backward" that it heated with coal ("that they dig up in the back yard!")

Demonstrating that ignorance & stupidity transcend borders and there have always been immigrant bashers.
You sir are an idiot looking for a fight . Why not fu-k off back were you came from .

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm not sure why anyone would be under the delusion that they are. Whenever something is produced, something else has to be destroyed. Think about it F.F.S.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The house I own was built in early '60's still has a coal bin room. A few years after it was built, natural gas came through, Coal furnace was removed, Coal room cleaned and transformed into a a cold room!
Many owners like myself still keep the coal bin door outside and don't bother removing it and insulate the inside walls of the cold room instead.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Not sure how many but I do remember some had sawdust furnaces with a screw-feed. As for coal I met some smart-ass Vancouverites who scorned me for the fact that I came from a country "so backward" that it heated with coal ("that they dig up in the back yard!")
Demonstrating that ignorance & stupidity transcend borders and there have always been immigrant bashers.
Well if the immigrants are that stupid that they didn't know many vancouverites burned coal they deserve to be bashed.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Shitloads. There are still oil tanks with fuel oil still in them buried in front laws all throughout the metro area.
My friend had one of those at his house in Burnaby . It is probably still there .

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I doubt his kids let him drive.

Do you think he HAS kids????????????????????????????

And if he does..............................

have they put a LOT of Accidental Death Insurance on him????????????

And the pray nightly for icy roads?????????????????

And future insurance riches??????????????????????????

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Interesting thing on the news this moring about burning electric cars. Caught on video. SOme guy in Vancouver area was launching his boat with a battery powered car and didn't put it in park. While he was unhooking the boat it rolled back into the ocean. Stupid enough in its own right. then to add insult to stupidity the battery reacted with salt water catching the car on fire. On the vid the car is still partly in the ocean with firecrews pumping water on it.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Interesting thing on the news this moring about burning electric cars. Caught on video. SOme guy in Vancouver area was launching his boat with a battery powered car and didn't put it in park. While he was unhooking the boat it rolled back into the ocean. Stupid enough in its own right. then to add insult to stupidity the battery reacted with salt water catching the car on fire. On the vid the car is still partly in the ocean with firecrews pumping water on it.

The worst of it is that a Lithium fire CANNOT be extinguished with water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to the usual LIE-beral genius planning......................................

very few Cdn fire depts have the necessary SPECIALIZED gear needed to put out a Lithium fire quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!