Teen who stabbed girlfriend 104 times gets life sentence

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
This is Canada. I knew before I read the article that he would have received a pathetic sentence. Justice really is blind(or at least the bleeding-heart judges are) in Canada.

It was just a boyish prank. Jethro didn't mean to harm anyone.......:roll:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
How you guys feel about public beheadings and amputations as punishments for crimes?

IMO, one form of capital punishment is about as barbaric as another. A beheading might be messier but I suspect if executed properly its probably less painful and much faster than the other methods which meet your approval.

I am against capital punishment, because it means innocent people will be put to death and because its cruel. Locking someone up forever is also cruel. I support the faint hope clause because it gives convicted criminals a reason to behave and help others. IMO, few people are beyond redemption.

Letting murders out to reoffend is ok with you? What about the rights of the innocent NOT to be murdered?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Letting murders out to reoffend is ok with you? What about the rights of the innocent NOT to be murdered?
i read it to mean, he wouldn't give up on anyone "faint hope clause" is still "faint". In some miraculous instances, people change and could live a productive life if released at 65 after having lived an exemplary life in prison and having devoted oneself to saving people via the internet or some such bizarre thing.

It can happen and one must not take that hope or motivation away from another human being even if they are incarcerated for such a heinous crime.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006

I would hope that the faint hope clause would only apply to someone who has been a model prisoner and has been deemed not a risk to society. The purpose of this clause if to give prisoners a reason to behave while in prison. If they have no hope of ever being released, then nothing they do while in prison could make their situation worse... like killing a prison guard for example. The punishment would be? Life in prison??? They are already serving life.