Shoe thrown at Bush (great legacy)

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I was talking more in reference towards Bush, not the Iraq war in direct relation.

Sorta like how everybody remembers Clinton for getting a blow job, people will remember Bush for getting shoes chucked at him...... among many other things over the years.

I call it his trademark from here on out.

But I sure ain't trivializing the whole war down to a simple shoe throwing.... there's a lot of background and emotional reasoning behind that throw, which leads into explination of all that has transpired before that.

If it was a Michael Moore documentary, it'd start with the shoe throwing and then go into detail about everything behind it.

But I am not by any means trivializing the situation. I think it's quite fitting..... until something better comes along.

The shoe tossing is a fitting end to his brilliant career as war criminal....

Last edited:

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Thank God that guy threw his shoes at GWB leaving him empty handed. If he
had a stapler, and the RCMP where present, this could have ended very badly
for that Iranian Reporter....At least he's live to tell the tale.

There's room for a "Weapons of Mass Stapling" pun if anyone is interested in
throwing it out there....

Good day to you Ron, no kidding they would have zapped him with more than one tazer in case there was another Iraqi hiding in his back pocket......To bad the shoe missed the target. Apparently in the Middle East throwing a shoe at another person is seen as very disrespectful, of course Bush did not deserve anything but disrespect

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
that's exactly my point. You think it's wrong, which makes you morally judge Bush as being a bad man (I agree wholeheartedly with that judgement) but then you state that the solution (or at least a sensible reaction) is to do exactly the same thing (albeit on a much smaller and more comical scale).

I don't believe the two relate. Even if Bush got smacked by a shoe, or even both, he would still be walking away from it withough anything injured except his ego.

It was an expression of anger and frustration toward Bush and his ability to get away with borderline genocide on a people who never even wanted, let alone expected to goto war.

Doing the exact same thing would be perhaps him blowing himself up, killing everybody in the room, if not, the whole building, including Bush...... and I'm a person who believes in the Eye for an Eye justice..... so while I would believe it would be horrible that other innocent people died in the process, it would still be paled in comparison to what has happened through Bush's decisions and actions over the years.

What he did was really nomore different then someone shouting and freaking out, calling him names as they were dragged away by security...... he just did it in their own custom.

I will not be accused of defending bush. however I really do strongly believe that what that man did was wrong and becomes more wrong due to the fact it was internationally publicised. Now everyone seems to believe it's just fine to attack someone physically if you judge them to be morally wrong.

and anyone who disagrees will get my foot up their arse!

I see where you are coming from, but for me, I couldn't care less if Bush died tomorrow and everything coming his way is due to his own faults. While I understand what you are saying in regards to physically attacking someone when you think they are wrong..... but when you are a person who has seen your entire nation go down the drains, seen thousands of your people suffering and/or dying, forign troops abusing you and your people, treating you as 2nd class citizens in your own country, and for years I might add...... I think what he did was not only justified, but was in really good moderation of his emotions.

To me, it's no different then chucking rotten tomatos or paper balls at someone who performs poorly..... maybe just a little more blunt.

No real harm was done though, just perhaps a bit to Bush's legacy and ego...... small price to pay if you ask me.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I don't believe the two relate. Even if Bush got smacked by a shoe, or even both, he would still be walking away from it withough anything injured except his ego.

It was an expression of anger and frustration toward Bush and his ability to get away with borderline genocide on a people who never even wanted, let alone expected to goto war.

Doing the exact same thing would be perhaps him blowing himself up, killing everybody in the room, if not, the whole building, including Bush...... and I'm a person who believes in the Eye for an Eye justice..... so while I would believe it would be horrible that other innocent people died in the process, it would still be paled in comparison to what has happened through Bush's decisions and actions over the years.

What he did was really nomore different then someone shouting and freaking out, calling him names as they were dragged away by security...... he just did it in their own custom.

I see where you are coming from, but for me, I couldn't care less if Bush died tomorrow and everything coming his way is due to his own faults. While I understand what you are saying in regards to physically attacking someone when you think they are wrong..... but when you are a person who has seen your entire nation go down the drains, seen thousands of your people suffering and/or dying, forign troops abusing you and your people, treating you as 2nd class citizens in your own country, and for years I might add...... I think what he did was not only justified, but was in really good moderation of his emotions.

To me, it's no different then chucking rotten tomatos or paper balls at someone who performs poorly..... maybe just a little more blunt.

No real harm was done though, just perhaps a bit to Bush's legacy and ego...... small price to pay if you ask me.

bushinski is too stupid to realize that there was harm to his ego...

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
I dont think anyone can believe Bush didn't already know people hate him in IRAQ and pretty much everywhere. I don't think this is a surprise to him. I still suggest that no useful purpose was served by this event

I think, believe it or not, could be one of many steps in unifying the Iraqis together, knowing that one man.... one Iraqi stood up to what he believed in and did what thousands, perhaps millions of people around the world would love to do. He expressed in just a few seconds what millions of Iraqi's have been wanting to express for years.

The difference this time and why it's such a huge thing over there in the middle east, is that this time you couldn't hide it away. When you hear most interviews or reports on Iraq, they're either interviews or reports from US soldiers, or US supported Iraqi politicians who try to minimalize the level of hatred over there...... but you seldom hear much these days in regards to what average Iraqi's feel about the whole situation.

This however, could not be ignored and it made a very clear and quick message sent directly to Bush that the whole world could see, and it echoed what most Iraqi's feel about Bush and what he has done to their country and around the world.

I sure would love to take my size 13 steel toe boots and lob them at Bush's head myself..... but I'm a busy man. :p

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!

I think there are more similarities than you understand. It's because so many people have seen this kind of retaliation laughed off as being harmless and deserved that violence is so widely accepted and propagates on an international scale.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
exactly. So another person gets hurt. More damage is done. This is not a good thing.

So what? He's going to get hurt because he chucked his shoes at Bush?

So what should be done with people like Bush then? Shall we all just shut our mouths and allow them to get away with whatever they want, all because we fear we may face punishment?

There's a thing called principle, and if I was in his shoes, I wouldn't regret one moment of what he did, because he now has made it publically clear that he at least has had enough of his BS lies and propaganda.

He stood up for what he believed in and chances are he probably figured he'd be shot dead after the first shoe, rather then just be taken down.

I feel that more and more Iraqi's will consider him a hero for being a simple man who stood up to a brutal off-land tyrant that nobody else in Iraq was capable of doing.

If you don't think it was a good idea simply because now he's going to be interogated and probably tortured like the US tends to do, and would rather people like him and others just simply stand by silent and allowing someone to make a mockery of your nation and your people, then we are obviously on two different pages.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
So what? He's going to get hurt because he chucked his shoes at Bush?

So what should be done with people like Bush then? Shall we all just shut our mouths and allow them to get away with whatever they want, all because we fear we may face punishment?

There's a thing called principle, and if I was in his shoes, I wouldn't regret one moment of what he did, because he now has made it publically clear that he at least has had enough of his BS lies and propaganda.

He stood up for what he believed in and chances are he probably figured he'd be shot dead after the first shoe, rather then just be taken down.

I feel that more and more Iraqi's will consider him a hero for being a simple man who stood up to a brutal off-land tyrant that nobody else in Iraq was capable of doing.

If you don't think it was a good idea simply because now he's going to be interogated and probably tortured like the US tends to do, and would rather people like him and others just simply stand by silent and allowing someone to make a mockery of your nation and your people, then we are obviously on two different pages.

you are presenting a false dichotomy. Because violent action is against my principles you state that the only other alternative is to ignore him. That's simply not true, and you know it.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
I think there are more similarities than you understand. It's because so many people have seen this kind of retaliation laughed off as being harmless and deserved that violence is so widely accepted and propagates on an international scale.

Then so shall it be done.

The world is soon going to suffer the consequences of the actions of the US, and if more and more people start to increase their violent tactics because of this around the world, so be it.

I fully understand what consequences could come from this and by many others supporting this, and I also understand how much of a level of insult it is in their culture and just how much many will regard these actions to what suits their own judgement.

But they were not the ones this time who created the situation. They never asked or diserved all of this suffering on their nation or people, and if they all revolt and cause even more distruction within Iraq to destabilize the US's efforts, and even if it expands outside of Iraq's borders..... well that's the way she goes.

I'm suprised it hasn't occured in a collective manner yet..... but I do know for sure that this won't be the end of it until the Iraqi's have their nation back into their own hands and the US no longer has any bases or troops on their land anymore.

Of course the US is planning to have a few US bases perm. stationed in Iraq, those probably won't stay very long if the Iraqi's have their way.

But you seem to be appalled at the fact that some Iraqi's are reacting and acting based on their emotions and the various extreme difficulties they face everyday in their lives.

Their lives are nowhere like our lives.... their culture isn't our culture, and what they face everyday isn't what we face everyday, so you can not expect them to react the way you would expect any of our citizens to react.

This is a country where they're still dealing with mass graves, beheaded bodies in allys, corpes floating down the rivers, forign troops beating the living hell out of Iraqi children because they chucked some rocks at their vehicles..... not to mention suicide/car bombings everyday.....

I don't expect them to react as we would react to a leader we don't like, and throwing a shoe or two is pretty damn tame, all things considered.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
you are presenting a false dichotomy. Because violent action is against my principles you state that the only other alternative is to ignore him. That's simply not true, and you know it.

Then what solution do you propose?

Most video that comes out in protest to the Iraq occupation usually never makes it to our airwaves, or simply trivialized as just being a small % of the population as Bush just attempted to claim...... or just simply crazy.

Even in these forums we're continually told that the majority of Iraqi's support the US's occupation, that there isn't very much out there to refute that claim..... and this apparently was one action that clearly refutes those claims, as it's not just him expressing his views, but thousands/millions of Iraqis' also support his actions and views..... all of the neighboring nations around Iraq are praising what he did, he's being called a hero...... even people in our allied nations, including myself, support his actions and his views, so he's clearly not alone in how he feels.

You maybe someone against the use of violence, but what would you do if the violence has been brought to your neighborhood by someone in another country for their own political agendas?

Seriously.... what would you do/suggest?

This guys has apparently been covering the war since it began and just now we're all finally hearing him and his views on the whole thing, and it took him chucking his shoes for this to happen.

When you are faced against daunting obsticles, when the media is against your side of the argument, when you are shut out from all main media outlets for so many years, when you have your country hardly progressing at all and very little reconstruction, your options are pretty limited.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
The Bush legacy is "America is addicted to oil" and the end result is, Heavy Imperialism has come home to Haunt Bush, too bad the shoe was not full with you know what......

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
If the shoe thrower was aware, knowing when and where Bush would be located for the conference, why on earth didn`t he notify Al-Qaeda before hand (asap)and in turn, they pointing every god-dam weapon at thier disposal towards the building, flattening it with the world`s most despised war-criminal perishing in the process?:lol:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
to be fair what that man did was not good. It was certainly understandable, and even amusing. however, the action did not cause anything good to happen, and will probably only make matters worse in the long run.

two wrongs do not make a right, even if one of the wrongs is a massive war crime and the other is a rather amusing attack with a shoe

To be fair what that man did lifted the spirits of his people and most of the world.
He is a man to be emulated, the planet needs many more like him. I can't wait to attend the next political meeting with my old work boots. We should treat our own spineless mouthpieces the same way.Like the useless bastards deserve.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Non violence is of course the best policy but after three million dead in Iraq it is blatantly obvious the pasive approach can only mean more Iraqi deaths. When you are faced with psycopathic enemies turning the other cheek means your family dies.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Muntadhar al-Zaidi the reporter did the right thing; he knows that Bush destroyed Iraq. The statement Bush made way back then that "America is addicted to oil" is a direct indictment on the Bush administration that the real reason they went into Iraq was poorly to maintain a presence in the Middle East and thus insure uninterrupted flow of the crude oil......While in the processes Iraq has entered into a civil war that will be going on for the next 100 years, thanks to the American Imperial attitude headed by a none intellectual but rather a thug PRESENDET..