Sharia Judge Says It Is OK for Husbands to Slap spendthrift Wives.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
You can't judge any religion by its followers, as it is defined by its sacred texts.

Again, I disagree Machjo; I think that is a great way to judge a religion, by seeing how the followers behave.

Thus both Bible and Koran say some nasty things about non believers. If you look at Holy Books alone, I don’t think there is much to choose between the two religions. However, Christianity is considered the civilized, modern religion, while Islam has a reputation of being sympathetic to terrorism, to abuse of women etc.

I wouldn’t even conceive of living in a Muslim majority country, I have no problem in living in a Christian majority country.

In my opinion behavior of the followers is enough to condemn a religion, regardless of what it says in the Holy book.

Your opinion thus far seems to ignor entirely the root tomes of both the Bible and the Koran and thus avoids raising the spector of the primier exponents of theocratic misbehavior (Israelis) of the modern period in favour of those unfortunates selected by the ruling clique for popular condemnation following the well known design for their total permanent subjugation.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
But that is an important difference, taxslave. Islam is today where Christianity was a few centuries ago. Christians have committed all the atrocities that Muslims are currently committing, but that is in the past.

I agree with you about organized religion. But since it is already here, there are gradations in it, and I think Christianity comes across as a much more civilized, humane religion than Islam does (at least today, it may change in a few centuries).

Muslims are not currently committing atrocities. Christianity has never once faltered in it's growth of crimes against humanity and while it is a common device to assign advanced civilizing attributes to the favoured godwhacks of the day it is simply untrue and deceptive manipulation of general ignorance to obtain a state of decay required by the old plan. Your opinion of high christian benevolence and advanced ideals is false, all one has to do is inspect the cash flows and the christian backed wars presently raging accross the Asian continent, there is no more dangerous and destructive religious cult than the Judeochristian construct. Just weigh the blood letting and destruction in the wake of Judeochristian charity.