Seniors don't want to give up money for younger gen: poll

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
We bought a new house in 1968 for about twenty thousand dollars. Three years later that house
would have sold for over forty thousand. Today that same house would fetch close to a half million.
Now, over that time salaries went up as well....just not quite as quickly, but every thing evens out
after a while.

My wife and I started our life together 19 and a tad years ago. Both 2nd time around. Worked hard, saved, went without.
Doing well now.
Mt Daughter and Son In law bought their 3rd and last house, worked their way up. We help them as we have the ability and no sense in them having it after we are dead. Seems best to use some of it now.

Son in law works 2 jobs, works his butt off. A fine young man.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Yeah, I wonder how many of the generation who are whining started out working for $1 an hour, two weeks annual holidays, NO stress leave, very little sick leave, no maturnity leave, 10 minute coffee breaks, no flex shifts. :lol:

The younger generations are working harder than your generation for less money. News flash, nobody that examines the facts is buying into your propaganda

Oh yeah! I remember when these and many other 'intitlements' these whiners take for granted were merely a gleam in someone's eye.

The younger generations don't take them for granted. The exact opposite is true. We don't expect to have them much longer due to the mismanagement of the country's finances by your generation.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
My wife and I worked like hell to get me through university. As soon as I finished college
we borrowed money to buy a house....We even borrowed the down payment and lived
on cheap cuts and Kraft Dinner till inflation drove wages up. In my experience, the people
who work hard get rewarded.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
When I think of selfish (and entitlenent) I think of 20 somethings not 70 somethings. They younger generation wants everything the older more mature indiviuals have without wanting to put in the work and labour required to get it.

Most twenty somethings I know don't expect to have what their parents or grand parents have. You have to remember, their grandparents got what they have by artificially inflating their standard of living through government deficits and sticking the twenty-somethings with the bill.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Everybody who works hard gets rewarded.

Everyone who works poorly gets punished.

This is a universal truth.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The younger generations are working harder than your generation for less money. News flash, nobody that examines the facts is buying into your propaganda

Bullsh*t - My dog was at the vets for one hour in Oct. for an ear infection- no surgery- the bill $438.00 so you can stick that where the sun don't shine.....................Einstein! :smile:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Bullsh*t - My dog was at the vets for one hour in Oct. for an ear infection- no surgery- the bill $438.00 so you can stick that where the sun don't shine.....................Einstein! :smile:

Everyone who works hard gets rewarded.......

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I had a 20's something guy working for me. He wore a toque in summer and stood around with his hands in his pockets. I bought him mittens and handed him his ROE.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Your silly story doesn't change the facts

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I had a 20's something guy working for me. He wore a toque in summer and stood around with his hands in his pockets. I bought him mittens and handed him his ROE.

You fired a guy because he wore a toque in summer and had bad posture?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I figured he had cold hands and needed an indoor job.

Do you stand around at work with your hands in your pockets?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Everybody who works hard gets rewarded.

Everyone who works poorly gets punished.

This is a universal truth.

Youe bin readin that Scietology book agin, aintch ya.

This is a universal truth, sometimes, perhaps, maybe and a whole lot of other factors go into that before it indeed becomes fact for just 1 person.
Then it begins again and again.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss
Everybody who works hard gets rewarded. Self satisfaction and pride is worth more than a dollar.

Everyone who works poorly gets punished. I'd feel like a total and complete asshole for not pulling my own weight.

This is a universal truth. Sometimes the truth sucks royal ass.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I been reading the sarcasm book too much as well. :)

All I know is that the numbers speak for themselves on this issue.

Well i do enjoy sarcasm. But hard work and bad luck can just ruin it all.

You fired a guy because he wore a toque in summer and had bad posture?

Petros does a lot of work that is physical - need your hands on something aside from your pecker. Not much gets done otherwise.