Seniors don't want to give up money for younger gen: poll

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
If you have to know Trudeau 55% Mulroney 45%. Now shut up!

Did the twenty somethings vote for Trudeau or Mulroney? How many forty year-olds do you think voted for either of them?

I guess you will probably dance (as Dasleeper likes to say) around that question as well

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Did the twenty somethings vote for Trudeau or Mulroney? How many forty year-olds do you think voted for either of them?

Like I was a scrutineer at the tens of thousands of polling stations across Canada.....................now toddle off twit!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
We should hold a nationwide garage sale to pay off the debt. I'll donate some Mason jars and a deep socket set with 1/3 of the SAE sockets missing.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Unlike you- yahoo, I try to answer questions correctly, not just post any bullsh*t that crosses your simple mind!

Since a twenty something would not have been able to vote in an election before the 37th general election in 2000, would you like to take another stab at how many of them would have voted for Mulroney or Trudeau? Since the majority of 40 somethings weren't old enough to vote for Trudeau either, would you like to take a stab at that one as well?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

I guess you will probably dance (as Dasleeper likes to say) around that question as well
Women of all ages voted for Trudeau. There wasn't a dry pair of panties anywhere he went in the east. That is why western guys hated him.

There is no accounting for the bad taste that voted for Mulroney. It must have been the west that pulled that boner.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Women of all ages voted for Trudeau. There wasn't a dry pair of panties anywhere he went in the east. That is why western guys hated him.

There is no accounting for the bad taste that voted for Mulroney. It must have been the west that pulled that boner.

Try and follow the thread Cliffy.

Well JLM?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Let's see. You asked which demographic voted for Trudeau and Mulroney. Where did I go off topic? Unless it was your question that was off topic in the first place.

If you had been following the thread you would know we are discussing today's seniors, forty-somethings and twenty-somethings. JLM and a few others are trying to wiggle their way out of the massive debt their generation has saddled the younger generations with. I'm having fun with them because they like to blame the younger generations for so much but don't like to take any responsibility for any of their own generation's failings.

ahem...

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Its not like there is nothing left from all that dept your talking about though. That money built stuff we still use today.

Sure there where mistakes and screw ups. Nothing our current government wont make plenty of, don't you think?

Some investment payed off some did not. You give it a good try and hope for the best no one is perfect. Would you want us to still be hunting beaver for a living?

We are a prosperous country and some of that is due to borrowing and investing. Look at the bigger picture. If we had not spent a penny we would have nothing.

No hospitals
No electricity
No roads
No security
No education
No airports
No defense
Fresh water
Communication
Etc....
Nothing Zilch Zip

Your whole problem is with the fact that our standard of living is un-sustainable.
Your right!!!. That's why our standard of living is going down.

Did they get the cream, sure. They set the bar up a little to high? Sure. So they are guilty of being optimist.

Greedy? no more then we would have been in there place. They aimed for the stars. Now we just got a little bit of reality setting in.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Whatever my contribution was toward the debt, it couldn't have been much as my credit limit is $5000 and the account is paid in full every month, so if you can find a charge with my name on it send it to me and I'll pay if off promptly! :smile:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Since a twenty something would not have been able to vote in an election before the 37th general election in 2000, would you like to take another stab at how many of them would have voted for Mulroney or Trudeau? Since the majority of 40 somethings weren't old enough to vote for Trudeau either, would you like to take a stab at that one as well?

Well?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Its not like there is nothing left from all that dept your talking about though. That money built stuff we still use today.

Sure there where mistakes and screw ups. Nothing our current government wont make plenty of, don't you think?

Some investment payed off some did not. You give it a good try and hope for the best no one is perfect. Would you want us to still be hunting beaver for a living?

We are a prosperous country and some of that is due to borrowing and investing. Look at the bigger picture. If we had not spent a penny we would have nothing.

No hospitals
No electricity
No roads
No security
No education
No airports
No defense
Fresh water
Communication
Etc....
Nothing Zilch Zip

Your whole problem is with the fact that our standard of living is un-sustainable.
Your right!!!. That's why our standard of living is going down.

Did they get the cream, sure. They set the bar up a little to high? Sure. So they are guilty of being optimist.

Greedy? no more then we would have been in there place. They aimed for the stars. Now we just got a little bit of reality setting in.

Well, that's just it and part of the reason that it is hypocritical to be whining about seniors. I'm sure the idiot uses the highways, and the hospitals, libraries and calls the fire department if he has a fire. A lot of it is infrastructure...................it's like having a mortgage but you do get to keep the house! :smile:

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
JLM and others: You're wasting your time with this one. He's not representative of ANY generation trying to find answers. His sole purpose is to feed his hatred from some life altering events in his past.

Angstrom: Your post, putting forth a reasonable understanding of the events of the day will be ignored like all others that attempt to attach a bit of bi-partisan thinking; he'll ignor it and come back with "who spent the money".

I think this fellow's father broke his piggy bank when he was young or committed some other, far more egregious, infraction against him. He's seized on this hatred for seniors far too implacably to just be having fun on his keyboard; there's something far worse going on with him and all the reasoned answers in the world will be ignored until one of us bows before him and cry's for forgiveness for having committed his perceived sin. Whoever does this will only be acting as surrogate for the real offender in his mind.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
JLM and others: You're wasting your time with this one. He's not representative of ANY generation trying to find answers. His sole purpose is to feed his hatred from some life altering events in his past.

Angstrom: Your post, putting forth a reasonable understanding of the events of the day will be ignored like all others that attempt to attach a bit of bi-partisan thinking; he'll ignor it and come back with "who spent the money".

I think this fellow's father broke his piggy bank when he was young or committed some other, far more egregious, infraction against him. He's seized on this hatred for seniors far too implacably to just be having fun on his keyboard; there's something far worse going on with him and all the reasoned answers in the world will be ignored until one of us bows before him and cry's for forgiveness for having committed his perceived sin. Whoever does this will only be acting as surrogate for the real offender in his mind.

Ah, don't let him get to you like that. That's what the angle is. Might I suggest a trip through the archives, reading all the old postings can be a very enlightening endeavour. At least, I've found it to be so.

Happy Holidays BruSan. :)

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I think this fellow's father broke his piggy bank when he was young or committed some other, far more egregious, infraction against him.

I think you've missed his point. But it's Christmas Eve, and a time for charity and understanding, and so I'll say, in the words of my father, 'Have yourself a hairy little mistress!'