See ya Dubya

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Source: How Bill Clinton, ACORN & Barack Obama fueled the mortgage crisis

The Clinton administration has turned the Community Reinvestment Act, a once-obscure and lightly enforced banking regulation law, into one of the most powerful mandates shaping American cities—and, as Senate Banking Committee chairman Phil Gramm memorably put it, a vast extortion scheme against the nation’s banks. Under its provisions, U.S. banks have committed nearly $1 trillion for inner-city and low-income mortgages and real estate development projects, most of it funneled through a nationwide network of left-wing community groups [like ACORN], intent, in some cases [including ACORN], on teaching their low-income clients that the financial system is their enemy and, implicitly, that government, rather than their own striving, is the key to their well-being.
of thing. Every time in history is a weird time to be in though...

As mentioned above by someone, history will judge G.W.Bush and many
of us might be truly shocked by the opinions of those in the future who
aren't "in the trees" as to the roll played by G.W.B. when they can look at
the whole picture dispassionately.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
We're discussing Presidents and it was under the Bush watch that the country "tanked" due to
legislation put in place under who's watch? Who put in place and lit the fuse on the financial
time bomb this subprime mortgage concept turned out to be? Which President was that again?

The economic downfall started during the Reagan administration when the country went deep into debt (more than they coulld handle ) to pay for massive defense programs if you really want to get to the root cause

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Source: How Bill Clinton, ACORN & Barack Obama fueled the mortgage crisis

The Clinton administration has turned the Community Reinvestment Act, a once-obscure and lightly enforced banking regulation law, into one of the most powerful mandates shaping American cities—and, as Senate Banking Committee chairman Phil Gramm memorably put it, a vast extortion scheme against the nation’s banks. Under its provisions, U.S. banks have committed nearly $1 trillion for inner-city and low-income mortgages and real estate development projects, most of it funneled through a nationwide network of left-wing community groups [like ACORN], intent, in some cases [including ACORN], on teaching their low-income clients that the financial system is their enemy and, implicitly, that government, rather than their own striving, is the key to their well-being.
of thing. Every time in history is a weird time to be in though...

As mentioned above by someone, history will judge G.W.Bush and many
of us might be truly shocked by the opinions of those in the future who
aren't "in the trees" as to the roll played by G.W.B. when they can look at
the whole picture dispassionately.

I actually find it difficult to "blame" Bush. Sure the guy was an inliterate boob, but he could hardly be thought of as "running the country". He was far to dumb.

I would blame the RNC and evangelical right for putting such an idiot in the position though

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We're discussing Presidents and it was under the Bush watch that the country "tanked"

Bush has made his share of blunders, no doubt and should be condemned for ones that fall under his "job description" but like everyone else he only has two eyes to do "his watch" and a lot of crap happened he had very little control over. If you have to blame Bush for something, Katrina would be a good start, if he have simply requested from the Governer of Louisiana and the mayor of New Orleans that he wanted an intensive outline on his desk pronto of what they were doing and sent in some help, things may have turned out a lot different.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Here's an interesting read for those that wish to point fingers, with respect to this
current global economic toilet that we're currently swirling around it. This is where
I think it started....eventually becoming the downhill snowball it became early in the
first term of G.W. Bush.

Community Reinvestment Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not a great fan of Bush Jr., but lets point the right fingers at him if the need is
there to point fingers at him.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Bush has made his share of blunders, no doubt and should be condemned for ones that fall under his "job description" but like everyone else he only has two eyes to do "his watch" and a lot of crap happened he had very little control over. If you have to blame Bush for something, Katrina would be a good start, if he have simply requested from the Governer of Louisiana and the mayor of New Orleans that he wanted an intensive outline on his desk pronto of what they were doing and sent in some help, things may have turned out a lot different.

I actually find it difficult to "blame" Bush. Sure the guy was an inliterate boob, but he could hardly be thought of as "running the country". He was far to dumb.

I would blame the RNC and evangelical right for putting such an idiot in the position though

In the end it has alot to do with the American value system of putting money first against all other facets of their lives

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Ex President Bush, unaware how eager people were to see him leave, Blew a kiss to the crowd

Bush actually began the first few minutes as an ex-president listening to a musical prelude at the swearing-in ceremony. Obama had not yet taken the oath of office, but while the musicians played, he became president at 12 noon EST, according to the Constitution.
Some in the crowd, weary of Bush's eight years in office, booed the president when the large viewing screens near the World War II Memorial flashed an image of the exiting president arriving at the swearing-in. Moments later, rounds of cheers welled up as the same screens showed the incoming first lady, Michelle Obama, and her two daughters, Sasha and Malia.
Unfazed by his unpopularity, Bush smiled and waved throughout the day's activities. He blew a kiss out the window of his limousine as he left the White House with Obama.
After the inauguration ceremony, some in the crowd waved at the aircraft in the sky. Others, however, cheered when they heard a television broadcaster announce, "George Bush is no longer president of the United States." Still others in the crowd, broke into chants of "Na-na-na-nah, hey, hey, hey, goodbye."

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
You know, I have never given the 'finger' to anyone, ever, BUT today I waited
eagerly for him to get aboard that helicopter, and I gave it to him and enjoyed
every second of it, and I probably won't do it again, seems like a tacky red neck
thing to do, but that is who I was at that moment in time;-), to a shabby ex
president, who trashed that job he had for 8 years, and made a complete mess
of his country.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And Bush was most likely saying...

"SO LONG SUCKAAAS! How did that Impeachment thing go? Gee... No one here to arrest me? Better luck next time! Did my 8 and now I'm off to Crawford Texas fo' life!"

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Well he's gone and I suppose only in reflection will we see the true depths he has stooped the nation to. On to better times.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Anybody else see Robin Williams do the routine after Obama's election? He grieved over the loss of George Bush as a target, calling him a "comedic pinata"!!!.

:) :) :) :)

Damn that man is funny.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What is "inliterate? I always get a kick out of those that attack others for their lack of reading and writing skills when they themselves .... oh never mind.

That's a fact, it's hard to say whether those guys are a detriment or a liability.