Responsible Gun Owners Not So Much, Typical!

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I know this is just a phase you're going through, living under the thumb of Mayor Ford, must be driving you nutty.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
You feel that way about leftist hell holes too eh.

Whoda thunk it.

lol

Firstly, the leftist minions voted him in.

And secondly, walking by Queen and Dundas and picking up scraps is not cleaning up the city.

Lastly, he miserably failed an environmental examination just before the election. Hardly the kind of pot smoker this city needs.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
lol

Firstly, the leftist minions voted him in.
I know, I was surprised as hell too. Who knew some leftists in Tdot, could get fed up with status quo loony leftists in City Hall.

And secondly, walking by Queen and Dundas and picking up scraps is not cleaning up the city.
Too true. All one has to do, is watch the council meetings to see who's running scared, and who just might get swept out next. See what happened at the TCH? A little more than just picking up scraps eh?
Lastly, he miserably failed an environmental examination just before the election. Hardly the kind of pot smoker this city needs.
Ya, it seriously needs Mayor Miller back. After banning bottled water, and creating the undemocratic a la cart program. Maybe banning juice boxes and baby farts will be next. We all know we need to control juice boxes and baby farts.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Reminds me of something I heard in another thead

Fixed it

The difference is that any call to fix the gun not problem is met with all kinds of protests, not to mention those who are tasked with implementing regulations going out of their way to ensure that system won't function. Without any suggestion other than tying the hands of the courts, the gun lobby, who also ensure there is a huge supply of guns to cross the border at any given moment, fails to offer up any reasonable legislation to keep the guns out of criminal hands.

Yep, that's the man trying to clean up Tdot.

I wish him the best of luck, in the leftist hell hole.

It's worse than you think!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The difference is that any call to fix the gun not problem is met with all kinds of protests, not to mention those who are tasked with implementing regulations going out of their way to ensure that system won't function. Without any suggestion other than tying the hands of the courts, the gun lobby, who also ensure there is a huge supply of guns to cross the border at any given moment, fails to offer up any reasonable legislation to keep the guns out of criminal hands.

That would be because gun owners recognize that it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

That is by definition, they are criminals, and care not for laws.........and they are closely connected with various smuggling and underground criminal activities....

This is one thing that gets me about the left........there is a miniscule number of weapons required to supply the criminal underground......and a good pistol can easily last 50 years, so it rarely needs replacement. A tiny smuggling operation could easily supply the very few hundreds weapons necessary to annually keep the crooks heeled. Yet you guys like to pretend you can stop that flow.......while you can't stop, even in today's climate of paranoia, the tons upon tons of drugs that pass through our borders every year. And in your frustration, you turn on the least dangerous group in society....licensed gun owners.

Silliness.

And, the National Firearms Association program for gun control basically is quite simple....strict, graduated licensing with on the range training to the level required.......the training and testing supplied by recreational shooters vetted by the government(much as it is now) , paid for by the applicant, and the license supplied after a CPIC check by the police.

Oh, and throw out the idiot lists of guns that are so inaccurate that they are not admissible in court.

And the idiot classifications....only two are necessary.....under this long, it's a handgun, over this long it is a long gun.....

Full autos would remain banned totally. Safe storage would be a requirement.

Much cheaper, and....if backed up by severe penalties for illegal unlicensed possession, at least as effective as the stupidity in place today.

And not a insult to anyone, nor questionable in the constitutional sense......

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Yeah, thing about those guys with the guns, they don't like the camera so much. They probably won't shoot ya, but then again they might.

Unf, you should go to Jane & Finch and ask the gangstas in a very polite manner, to please hand in their weapons. You know, laws are irrelevant to them so perhaps your angelic voice might do the trick. ;)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Which suggests, of course, that there is no point in making anything illegal, because criminals will get their hands on it.

Not at all. It is illegal for unlicensed persons to be in possession of weapons. The problem is that far too many of the idiot laws are aimed at people that DO have licenses.

Even Sheila Fraser, the A-G, noted in her report that one of the major problems with achieving compliance with the Firearms Act was the attitude of gun control bureaucrats that treat shooters like criminals.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
That would be because gun owners recognize that it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

No what gun owners recognize is that the lame excuse of one criminal get ahold of a gun means that gun laws aren't perfect. While they are very willing to accept that gun owners aren't perfect, they can not accept nor understand laws and regulation aren't perfect either.

The only reason keeping guns out of the hands of criminals is as difficult as it is, is due solely to gun owners making sure there are always guns available to criminals.

That is by definition, they are criminals, and care not for laws.........and they are closely connected with various smuggling and underground criminal activities....

Kinda like that Christian not Christian argument. Anytime you bust a Christian with examples of their dirty deeds, they claim that one isn't a Christian. Just like all gun owners are law abiding upstanding citizens right up until they get caught breaking the law or being stupid with their guns. All the laws and stupidity up until then, is over looked or out right accepted.

This is one thing that gets me about the left........there is a miniscule number of weapons required to supply the criminal underground......and a good pistol can easily last 50 years, so it rarely needs replacement. A tiny smuggling operation could easily supply the very few hundreds weapons necessary to annually keep the crooks heeled. Yet you guys like to pretend you can stop that flow.......while you can't stop, even in today's climate of paranoia, the tons upon tons of drugs that pass through our borders every year. And in your frustration, you turn on the least dangerous group in society....licensed gun owners.

And those guns don't fall from the sky. They are piled high and freely available to anyone with some money no questions ask just minutes across the border. Hell they will even bring them here to sell them. It's no secret that there are gun owners who have no problem at all with selling a gun to a Gangster other than now they have this damn registry so when that gun kills someone, it's going to be traced back to that gun owner who better have a good excuse why his gun ended up in the hands of a gangster. Hence the huge problem with the registry for some. Not like it's a problem for car owners, dog owners, home owners, motorcycle owners, boat owners and the list goes on. Just Gun owners are the only one's put out about someone knowing what guns they own.

Silliness.

What is silly is the nonsense and endless excuses you guys toss up every time a post is made about gun nuts fu cking up.

And, the National Firearms Association program for gun control basically is quite simple....strict, graduated licensing with on the range training to the level required.......the training and testing supplied by recreational shooters vetted by the government(much as it is now) , paid for by the applicant, and the license supplied after a CPIC check by the police.

And that stops someone from buying a hand gun for $600 and selling it to someone who isn't licensed because they are wanted for a few murders already for $1200?

Oh, and throw out the idiot lists of guns that are so inaccurate that they are not admissible in court.

And the idiot classifications....only two are necessary.....under this long, it's a handgun, over this long it is a long gun.....

So if you screw a long silencer type fitting on a hand gun it's a legal long gun? Sounds like a nice big loop hole you could drive truck loads of guns through.

Full autos would remain banned totally.

So as long as you can change it back it's only part time illegal? Like when the police are not looking at it?

Safe storage would be a requirement. Back seat of the car good enough? Pocket? Behind every door in the house?

Much cheaper, and....if backed up by severe penalties for illegal unlicensed possession, at least as effective as the stupidity in place today.

As long as it's thrown into someone else's yard after all the shooting, there is no law to charge you with right?
Only if you have it on you when you're arrested?

How about it it's thrown into your yard? Do you go to jail for mandatory 25 or can your defense attorney play the "that's just silly card"?

And not a insult to anyone, nor questionable in the constitutional sense......

I don't know I think the people who get shot feel insulted along with their families when they are told everyone knows someone did it but they didn't catch them with the gun and so no laws have been broken.

Unf, you should go to Jane & Finch and ask the gangstas in a very polite manner, to please hand in their weapons. You know, laws are irrelevant to them so perhaps your angelic voice might do the trick. ;)

Might be easier than telling "law abiding gun owners" not to sell these guys guns. So far reason hasn't worked with them.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
No what gun owners recognize is that the lame excuse of one criminal get ahold of a gun means that gun laws aren't perfect. While they are very willing to accept that gun owners aren't perfect, they can not accept nor understand laws and regulation aren't perfect either.

The only reason keeping guns out of the hands of criminals is as difficult as it is, is due solely to gun owners making sure there are always guns available to criminals.

Kinda like that Christian not Christian argument. Anytime you bust a Christian with examples of their dirty deeds, they claim that one isn't a Christian. Just like all gun owners are law abiding upstanding citizens right up until they get caught breaking the law or being stupid with their guns. All the laws and stupidity up until then, is over looked or out right accepted.

And those guns don't fall from the sky. They are piled high and freely available to anyone with some money no questions ask just minutes across the border. Hell they will even bring them here to sell them. It's no secret that there are gun owners who have no problem at all with selling a gun to a Gangster other than now they have this damn registry so when that gun kills someone, it's going to be traced back to that gun owner who better have a good excuse why his gun ended up in the hands of a gangster. Hence the huge problem with the registry for some. Not like it's a problem for car owners, dog owners, home owners, motorcycle owners, boat owners and the list goes on. Just Gun owners are the only one's put out about someone knowing what guns they own.

What is silly is the nonsense and endless excuses you guys toss up every time a post is made about gun nuts fu cking up.

And that stops someone from buying a hand gun for $600 and selling it to someone who isn't licensed because they are wanted for a few murders already for $1200?

So if you screw a long silencer type fitting on a hand gun it's a legal long gun? Sounds like a nice big loop hole you could drive truck loads of guns through.

So as long as you can change it back it's only part time illegal? Like when the police are not looking at it?

Safe storage would be a requirement. Back seat of the car good enough? Pocket? Behind every door in the house?

As long as it's thrown into someone else's yard after all the shooting, there is no law to charge you with right?
Only if you have it on you when you're arrested?

How about it it's thrown into your yard? Do you go to jail for mandatory 25 or can your defense attorney play the "that's just silly card"?

I don't know I think the people who get shot feel insulted along with their families when they are told everyone knows someone did it but they didn't catch them with the gun and so no laws have been broken.

Might be easier than telling "law abiding gun owners" not to sell these guys guns. So far reason hasn't worked with them.

Boy, between the Nazis and the ****ing gun control morons on here tonight, my head is going to explode.

are you really this huge a ****ing moron, or are you just trolling???

Licensed gun owners in Canada have a murder rate between one third and one half that of the general population.......that means that, despite being (by definition) of age, and being overwhelmingly male....they are MUCH less apt to kill you than any person you pick at random. It is research done by Gary Mauser, and I haven't the patience left to spoon-feed idiots, so look it up yourself.

You are truely losing it......are you seriously accusing legal gun owners of perpetuating ALL the gun crime in Canada? You're an even bigger idiot than I thought, and that is damn near impossible.

Most of the guns used in crime are guns that are not traceable in Canada.....most of them are handguns.

So.....how stupid do you have to be to harass the section of society that is demonstrably LEAST apt to harm anyone (licensed gun owners) with a registry regimen for long guns, when the problem is violent unlicensed people with unregistered handguns???????

pretty ****ing stupid.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Only one thing wrong with that whole diatride....
Legal gun owners in Canada do not sell their guns illegaly
Handguns have been registered since long before I was born.. the beef is registering long guns
Now quit lumping everything in one package....like comparing a chiuawa to a doberman..:smile:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Boy, between the Nazis and the ****ing gun control morons on here tonight, my head is going to explode.

I guess you can't even quote properly at this point.

are you really this huge a ****ing moron, or are you just trolling???

Really with all your training and experience, this is what you offer up for a rebuttle?

Licensed gun owners in Canada have a murder rate between one third and one half that of the general population.......that means that, despite being (by definition) of age, and being overwhelmingly male....they are MUCH less apt to kill you than any person you pick at random. It is research done by Gary Mauser, and I haven't the patience left to spoon-feed idiots, so look it up yourself.

Gary Mauser is a laughing stock. Not that any reference to him here is irrelevant to what I posted. I would imagine that as is you're usual mod you read the first sentence and went off on some rambling diatribe having nothing at all to do with the message you're replying to. That you call up a study done by Gary Mauser of SFU as some sort of irrefutable argument shows just how burned out you are.

You are truely losing it......are you seriously accusing legal gun owners of perpetuating ALL the gun crime in Canada? You're an even bigger idiot than I thought, and that is damn near impossible.

All guns come from gun manufacturers to gun dealers to X to criminals. No one is running and underground gun factory and no guns that are taken off criminals come from diy kits.

Most of the guns used in crime are guns that are not traceable in Canada.....most of them are handguns.

Yes and there is a reason for that too that you seemed to not bother mentioning. Why did you skip that part Colpy?

So.....how stupid do you have to be to harass the section of society that is demonstrably LEAST apt to harm anyone (licensed gun owners) with a registry regimen for long guns, when the problem is violent unlicensed people with unregistered handguns???????

That it's so easy to get a unregistered gun without a license speaks to the carelessness of gun owners. It's gun owners that are selling unregistered hand guns on the black market. I know you feel that is everyone else's problem but gun owners. I disagree.

pretty ****ing stupid.

Nothing pretty about it. It's just fu cking stupid. Like someone who would just toss the keys to the car to a guy who has lost his license to drive for multiple convictions of drunk driving, some gun owners just don't give a sh!t.

Only one thing wrong with that whole diatride....
Legal gun owners in Canada do not sell their guns illegaly
Handguns have been registered since long before I was born.. the beef is registering long guns
Now quit lumping everything in one package....like comparing a chiuawa to a doberman..:smile:

Chuweenie. Chihuahua mixed with Dacshund. Guns are all one package my friend. That is something we all have to come to terms with.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Chuweenie. Chihuahua mixed with Dacshund. Guns are all one package my friend. That is something we all have to come to terms with.

Not at all
You have "non restricted" with rifles and shotguns as the most common...

Then you have "restricted" which consists of handguns with barrels over 4" in length...

Then you have "prohibited" which consists of .25 calibre and .32 calibre Handguns, and any handgun with a barrel less than 105mm/4.14" long, registered before 14 Feb 1995.

The rest of the prohibited consists of rifles which the government through orders in council figures look ugly or too much like army equipment....and also full auto firearms etc. etc.

I have a permit to buy all clssifications except prohibited, and one grandfathered prohibited handgun.

So there is a difference....and your beef is with firearms bought in the U S and smuggled across...which is a different country and not my problem....so deal with it buttercup and ......... keep your chiwawa away from my doberman:lol:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I guess you can't even quote properly at this point.

Really with all your training and experience, this is what you offer up for a rebuttle?

Gary Mauser is a laughing stock. Not that any reference to him here is irrelevant to what I posted. I would imagine that as is you're usual mod you read the first sentence and went off on some rambling diatribe having nothing at all to do with the message you're replying to. That you call up a study done by Gary Mauser of SFU as some sort of irrefutable argument shows just how burned out you are.

All guns come from gun manufacturers to gun dealers to X to criminals. No one is running and underground gun factory and no guns that are taken off criminals come from diy kits.

Yes and there is a reason for that too that you seemed to not bother mentioning. Why did you skip that part Colpy?

That it's so easy to get a unregistered gun without a license speaks to the carelessness of gun owners. It's gun owners that are selling unregistered hand guns on the black market. I know you feel that is everyone else's problem but gun owners. I disagree.

Nothing pretty about it. It's just fu cking stupid. Like someone who would just toss the keys to the car to a guy who has lost his license to drive for multiple convictions of drunk driving, some gun owners just don't give a sh!t.

Well, I'm still not sure whether you are trolling or an idiot, but I do know that either way, you are incapable of logical progression, so I wonder why should I bother????

Ah well.

The factor here that you can't seem to get a grip on is that there are TWO separate registration systems (both useless) Handguns have been registered since 1934. Nobody in Canada (unless they are 97 years old or more) has legally bought a handgun in Canada without registering it. Nobody in Canada is buying handguns legally and handing them off to criminals, most firearms crimes are committed with handguns that did NOT originate in Canada. Obviously, then, the registration system for handguns in Canada is failing to prevent criminal misuse of handguns.

Have you got that?

Here, let me re-state it in simpler terms.

The majority of gun crime in Canada is done with the weapons that are the most tightly controlled, and have been for a lifetime.

Meanwhile there are millions of unregistered long guns out there, because the firearms community is not willing to impale themselves on the register- then- seize trap that the gov't has set for them, and they resent being treated like criminals. Yet despite those millions of unregistered long guns so easily available.........most gun crime is committed with handguns. Which have been registered and strictly controlled for 77 years.

Getting the point here????

Handguns are very easy to get in Canada.............illegally. And harassing legal handgun owners for 77 years has not changed that.

Registration as a tactic for the control of firearms misuse is not very effective even when compliance by the recreational firearms community is assured......

The long gun registry is a complete waste of time and resources, and serves only to breed disrespect for the law in general, and to make decent citizens rebel.

Something like pot laws.

Simple linear thought.

You should try it sometime.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It's okay... common sense may not be common, but if everyone just sits their kids down for ten minutes of training on how to handle guns, mistakes will never happen and all will be well with the world. *grin*