Responsible Gun Owners Not So Much, Typical!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
How do you stab someone from 30m away?

Here in Mocassin Flats there has NEVER been a drive by stabbing.

Anyone else ever heard of one?

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
Unforgiven, you do realize that karrie asked me not to post off your posts and her reason was "he does not want to play with you"

I wonder if she will change her opinion when she learns about how you are going out of your way to neg rep me like you did this morning. Last night i pretended to be sensitive about not being given any credit for tim hortons sucess, and you are so determined to keep your nose out of joint that you neg repped me.

I will repeat my request that i made to you yesterday. If you are incapable of dealing with my posting off of your posts, then please put me on ignore. I never insult or flame you so it really doesnt matter if you ever read another one of my posts.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Ah so, you insist that even though people murdered by gun shot wound dropping in the wake of stronger gun legislation doesn't matter because of new and as yet unaddressed other methods used to murder someone?
Please, you can't be that dumb can you Colpy? If gun shot wounds are reduced by regulation then it's good for society regardless of other crime.

Well it clearly doesn't matter to you how many people are murdered with a gun as long as you can have a gun for yourself. What a selfish position you take.

It's the war not the battle that counts in the long run. I want to see that only those responsible and qualified are allowed to own and handle firearms.

Still waiting on some form of rebuttle from you that isn't gun nut gibberish.

Not that you have to, but you are able to. Big difference. And just because you're wrong doesn't mean you have some understanding of how or why you are wrong. Some people like yourself just aren't able to understand that.

Of course the 1 billion dollars you bozos have blown on the G20 was a valuable and reasonable expenditure. Not so much. As stated owning a gun isn't a right you have in Canada. For some guy who claims he teaches and loves history, you sure don't know or understand much of it. Typical of the fanatic though.

Yeah the right was busted down to 2 seats at one time. Far less than the Liberals have at this point. Again the Liberals will rebuild the party, losing the dead wood that has dragged the party down since before Martin grabbed the brass ring and will I expect return and again dump the radical in fancy dress out on it's ass again.

Not so much. Politics always goes back and forth. Nature of the beast. I can live with that as there is so much ground the true centrist party has laid, the CPC can only scratch the surface and remain unable to change any of the fundamental policy that has already been legislated. You're simply going to have to learn to deal with that Colpy. Suck it up boy, it's a long trip.

Oh I can't do that for quite some time yet I am afraid as I have things to do today. But hey you go get drunk like usual and come on back later with your belligerence and half cocked rantings. I'll be here to kick your ass as usual. lol

The point, the only point, the overwhelmiing point is that you can NOT demonstrate that the gun registry has saved lives........in fact, the murder rate went UP with the completion of the gun registry.....that is all the rebuttal necessary. All else is nothing but unadulterated BS for the morons that can't see the forest for the trees..........but we've been through all this.

When the registry is eliminated, so too (as I understand it) will be all the records.........thus it will cost another $2 billion to set up again. Remember Alan Rock told us it would cost $2 million??? The only way he could get it through.....and it cost 1000 times that.......it will NOT be ressurected. Political suicide to try.

BTW, I am NOT part of the gov't I have NOT spent money that is not mine, and this has nothing to do with the G20, which, BTW, cost $680 million, not a billion. You and I would agree about much on the G20..............

As we would on the film Guns and Weed.

They don't do drive-bys with guns that ever were, or ever will be, registered. The gangstas doing drive-bys are completely outside the realm of legal firearms ownership, the two subjects have nothing whatsoever to do with each other.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
When the registry is eliminated, so too (as I understand it) will be all the records...
Canada being a monkey see monkey do nation take a look at what is coming down the pipe in the the great USA and you'll see what's in your future.

They are pushing for a ban on ALL semi-autos.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Canada being a monkey see monkey do nation take a look at what is coming down the pipe in the the great USA and you'll see what's in your future.

They are pushing for a ban on ALL semi-autos.

What?

In the USA?????

GOOD LUCK with that! :)

The USA has been loosening firearms restrictions for 20 years.........with a corresponding crash in the murder rate. You can now get permits to carry concealed in every state except Illinois.......and in 38 of those states the permit MUST be issued to all applicants are non-felons, mentally competent, and that pass a minimal course.......

Last edited:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
The point, the only point, the overwhelmiing point is that you can NOT demonstrate that the gun registry has saved lives........in fact, the murder rate went UP with the completion of the gun registry.....that is all the rebuttal necessary. All else is nothing but unadulterated BS for the morons that can't see the forest for the trees..........but we've been through all this.

Yeah the price of gas went up so clearly gun regulation doesn't work. :roll: You are right the fcuk out there aren't you man? Sure I can and I have. Repeatedly but it falls on deaf ears. You don't care that murder by gun has been reduced because of gun regulation, as I just said, and can only respond with the same old "but look, something else has risen."

When the registry is eliminated, so too (as I understand it) will be all the records.........thus it will cost another $2 billion to set up again. Remember Alan Rock told us it would cost $2 million??? The only way he could get it through.....and it cost 1000 times that.......it will NOT be ressurected. Political suicide to try.

And then for a time guns will again be traded, given and sold by registered gun owners to criminals. No matter what sort of legislation it is, if there are people who willfully go about making it cost so much it's unreasonable, it will always be that. Look at the war on drugs, it's in and of itself an bureaucratic industry unto itself.

BTW, I am NOT part of the gov't I have NOT spent money that is not mine, and this has nothing to do with the G20, which, BTW, cost $680 million, not a billion. You and I would agree about much on the G20..............

Someone has to sit at a phone and answer your questions about how to register a gun and they have to be paid over time, benefits and vacation pay simply because you are ignorant of filling out a simple form and clicking send. Multiply that by a couple of million other obstinate people and cost mount. That being just a piece of the puzzle and it's not difficult to see how something like a registry can fold into massive over runs. That on one hand you whine about the cost of the registry, that non gun owners pay for too, you don't seem to mind other massive wastes of money by your government unless it's tossed in your face and even then it's a "Yeah I don't really agree with that 100%." Weak sauce Colpy.

As we would on the film Guns and Weed.

There is common ground there if only you will lift your foot off the position you now hold to take the step.

They don't do drive-bys with guns that ever were, or ever will be, registered. The gangstas doing drive-bys are completely outside the realm of legal firearms ownership, the two subjects have nothing whatsoever to do with each other.

In most places in the US you don't need to register a gun. For that matter you can just go buy one, and then turn around and sell it to someone you don't know, out of the trunk of your car in a parking lot if you want, with no questions asked.

So saying that guns used in drive by shootings were never registered is as you say, bs.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
Well it clearly doesn't matter to you how many people are murdered with a gun as long as you can have a gun for yourself. What a selfish position you take.

Well, it clearly doesnt matter how many ineffective antigun laws are created, so long as it infringes on the rights of the law abiding gun owners?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yeah the price of gas went up so clearly gun regulation doesn't work. :roll: You are right the fcuk out there aren't you man? Sure I can and I have. Repeatedly but it falls on deaf ears. You don't care that murder by gun has been reduced because of gun regulation, as I just said, and can only respond with the same old "but look, something else has risen."

And then for a time guns will again be traded, given and sold by registered gun owners to criminals. No matter what sort of legislation it is, if there are people who willfully go about making it cost so much it's unreasonable, it will always be that. Look at the war on drugs, it's in and of itself an bureaucratic industry unto itself.

Someone has to sit at a phone and answer your questions about how to register a gun and they have to be paid over time, benefits and vacation pay simply because you are ignorant of filling out a simple form and clicking send. Multiply that by a couple of million other obstinate people and cost mount. That being just a piece of the puzzle and it's not difficult to see how something like a registry can fold into massive over runs. That on one hand you whine about the cost of the registry, that non gun owners pay for too, you don't seem to mind other massive wastes of money by your government unless it's tossed in your face and even then it's a "Yeah I don't really agree with that 100%." Weak sauce Colpy.

There is common ground there if only you will lift your foot off the position you now hold to take the step.

In most places in the US you don't need to register a gun. For that matter you can just go buy one, and then turn around and sell it to someone you don't know, out of the trunk of your car in a parking lot if you want, with no questions asked.

So saying that guns used in drive by shootings were never registered is as you say, bs.

Sorry, but it is impossible to debate with someone that is incoherent. The above post had VERY little to do with the questions at hand, and is rambling, off-subject, and largely irrational.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

Alan Rock's registry was not even about reducing the murder rate as much as it was a "measure" "designed" to ensure massacre's like the one Marc Lepine orchestrated at L'Ecole Polytechnique, never happened again. Dawson College proved that Rock's kneejerk reaction was unsuccessful.

In summary the registry's record is as follows:
- it failed at its original goal,
- it failed with regards to reducing the murder rate (which admittedly was not originally a primary purpose of it but was added as an ancillary "benefit" of the program),
- it was largely redundant because of the existing databases on Firearms Aquistion Certificates (which were needed by any individual to legally transport, never mind buy a firearm),
- the database is filled with enough inaccuraces so as to be useless in a legal (courtroom) setting, and
- the cost was orders of magnitude beyond the original forecast.

I still wonder how people can defend it, at all... even blind partisanship has limits on bad ideas.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States

Never been threatened by anyone 30m away with a knife. As for a reading about a drive by stabbing/slashing that has happened. 16-year-old girl injured in drive-by slashing - Japan News Review

So saying that guns used in drive by shootings were never registered is as you say, bs. _________________________
are you saying that you know of gangsters that register their drive-by firearms?

Nobody intentionally registers a weapon they know they are going to use in a crime, they just steal their neighbors gun. :)

In the U.S., we don't usually a rifle for home defense or crimes for that matter, rifles are primarily for hunting or collecting. Handguns on the other hand are far more faster and convenient to use when defending your home from a break-in, of course a shotgun by the door is pretty good also. I agree that you better be able to show that your life or someone else's was in immediate danger if you decide to shoot someone outside your home. But someone breaking into your home is totally another matter to me, I have family to protect.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Sorry, but it is impossible to debate with someone that is incoherent. The above post had VERY little to do with the questions at hand, and is rambling, off-subject, and largely irrational.

Well that is easier than responding to the points in the post isn't it. I will call it the "Colpy stupidy stupidy stupid face na na" defense.

I'll consider you buried from here on with this subject. lol

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
Wow, i just got neg repped by Unforgiven again. This is an act of a troll that is playing the victim, while poking at me like a coward.

Unforgiven, i would prefer that you would engage in d
Ebate with me, but i respect that it is your right not to. But when you bring up a good point, i still reserve the right to comment on it. If this is too much for you to handle please put me on ignore. I can respect a decision to ignore me, but the neg repping suggests to me that you arent ignoring, you are simply having a hissy fit.