Protests across Canada denounce wars in Iraq and Afghanistan

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Mapleleafgirl, with all due respect, your plan might just work if the rest of the world co-operated. There are some countries out there who would jump for joy if they felt any action they precipitated against another would simply end up as another UN conference and lecture.

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
Mapleleafgirl, with all due respect, your plan might just work if the rest of the world co-operated. There are some countries out there who would jump for joy if they felt any action they precipitated against another would simply end up as another UN conference and lecture.

better to talk at a conference than kill in a war.(imho)

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Sparrow

Ask some American people how they feel about this turn of events - especially after the horror of VietNam....

Today we are being told by some Darfur Activist Group - that it is up to the U.S. to "do something" to Save Darfur.

I ask why? Isn't Bill Gates' money, plus all the other private funds going daily to Africa enough?

We pay money - we pay at a loss to our own economy - and we pay in our childrens' blood.....

Why should the U.S. answer any more calls - especially from the U.N. who treat the U.S. military as their own unpaid fighting force....?

I guess you have have been so inundated with anti-U.S. you have no idea what it is like here to pay for this carnage....when the military have been cast in satanic roles....

Peace is fine if your government is willing to adopt it as a plan. Or the world will stop expecting so much of the U.S.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Expecting or wanting the US to mind it's own business isn't asking ANYTHING IMO but you seem intent to frame it as such - most of the world I'd imagine would like to see the US mind their own business for a while, me included and if having their civilian poulation suffer enough to demand an end to the madness is what it takes, so be it

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Curiosity, yours is a voice of reason in an age of insanity. Well spoken!
Sparrow, I do not support the Iraq and Afghanistan incursions. I never did. But I also recognize that the world is a dangerous place and there is a role for intervention. The UN is not up to the job. We will need the US's strength and resolve at some point and I am thinking it might start to take an isolationist bent soon. And that makes all of our futures all that more precarious.
Sanctus, you are naive but that doesn't mean your positions aren't praiseworthy.

Tamarin - thanks for your confidence in my writing

It is a topic I should not join. Silence often feels cowardly to me however when I have family involved.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I wish the protesters good luck in having their message heard regarding Canadian forces in Afghanistan

Pull them out.

To include the U.S. and its involvement in a Canadian protest is beyond the boundaries.

It is merely another chance to assure the world Canada is definitely in the majority of anti-Americanism.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Mabudon

Are you a representative of Canadians these days generally speaking?

Perhaps you can explain to me a conundrum. Or not.

It is this a new Canadian trait - that cricitism can be dealt harshly to another nation but when it is returned and delivered back to Canadians it becomes an issue for insult and derogatory remarks?
How far exactly to you expect the U.S. people to bend over for you Mabudon?

As a representative can you tell me when Canadians become so insecure they cannot afford a dissenting opinion from an insignificant poster on a forum ...?

Or is you personally Mabudon....you do have a few hot button issues eh? But of course I am being ridiculous again.

Off to work I go - I have to finance Iraq yet another day...

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
I'm not joking at ALL when I say I'm a bit confused as to what you are asking- it SEEMS like you are applying some ODD twists of logic and a bit of sophistry to whatever it is you are trying to get across tho, the "questions" you pose are fraught with incorrect characterizations and qualifiers and really can't be answered as asked

and I am sorry you have to pay to line rich folks pockets, no joke- too bad protest isn't as effective as it could be- general strike perhaps??

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The mythological Isolationist Heritage of the USA arises in defensive conversation as does the mythological demands on the mythological love of mythological Americans for the victimhood of the worlds unamericanised underclass. What horrific crap.Someday those who espouse such hateful rot will face the judgement of the world court. Ignorance will be no excuse.:smile:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I'm not joking at ALL when I say I'm a bit confused as to what you are asking- it SEEMS like you are applying some ODD twists of logic and a bit of sophistry to whatever it is you are trying to get across tho, the "questions" you pose are fraught with incorrect characterizations and qualifiers and really can't be answered as asked

and I am sorry you have to pay to line rich folks pockets, no joke- too bad protest isn't as effective as it could be- general strike perhaps??

Thanks Mab, you are a better diplomat than I. I'm always reaching for the stick too quick.You said what I couldn't articulate. You are a reasonable man.:smile:

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Hell, dancing with him is kinda fun, but he's a LOUSY kisser :D

EDIT- Thanks Beav, I try ( I mostly forget where I put the damn stick tho, so I have no choice ;))

Curiosity (sic) As a representetive of ME, I don't like it when ANYONE comes and says what I can and can't think, maybe that's what you'd like, but to come on here and get out your broad, condescending brush and play the victim of wolrd opinion and the bearer of the white mans burden for all us INGRATES get's kinda old, is my "problem"

Again, PLEASE answer my question, should the whole world have shut up about apartheid simply because it would have been "anti africansim"???

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I would like to see marches for Iraq completely separate from Afghanistan. I would march in demonstration for peace, against the war in Iraq. It was a complete blunder and done for all the
wrong reasons. The Bush administration has done more harm in that country than Saddam Hussein
ever did, including all of the citizens he "murdured", as the U.S. have far surpassed that number long
ago. George Bush should have to answer in "his" own country for what he has done, as he is
responsible for over 3000 american deaths, and thousands and thousands of injuries, many of which
will be lifelong.

If the Taliban had have "turned" Osama Bin Laden over when "told" in the beginning, there would not have been a war there at all. I am not a "turn the other" cheek person, and it was obvious that Osama Bin Laden was responsible for the 911 tragedy, (no conspiracy at all), and it would have been
short lived and quick, if he had of been captured by Taliban and turned in. They refused. Bush
then proceeded to mess that plan up completely, as he again "blundered", by leaving there too soon
and now they are back to square one.

NATO is doing some good there, and before they move out of there, I hope the citizens have some
schools and other infrastructure to help them move along. But, that cannot go on forever either,
and somewhere along the way our canadian troops will have to come home.

I just hope the american people have had their eyes opened very wide, as I don't see any more of the patriotic stuff going on there, yellow ribbons, flags and vocal support for "their" president, much the opposite.

The next election will be crucial to the "direction" the u.s. moves, and the start of a healing process with much of the world.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
well, as just one citizen of the world, let me just say to the usa, no

.half the reason the usa was attacked is their own fault in the first place for interfering.

Does that mean that you think Osama Bin Laden had some credability and had a legitimate reason
to fly planes into world trade center/pentagon/pennsylvania, which killed people from all around the
world.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Personally (and I know you didn't ask me) I think whoever did the 9-11 thing had some decent justifications (if you believe the official story). A bully getting kciked in the stones usually surprises no-one- was it right to kick the bully in the stones in the first place?? Who knows- but when the bully reacts by going and beating anyone who even talks like the attacker and occupying and stealing their lands , then the whole thing comes apart

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Osama Bin Laden and his cronies have never represented "anybody", they are a bunch of disgruntled
sulkers, who couldn't get their own way in their own country. There are many causes they could have
stood up for in the middle east. Osama Bin Laden was in a "huge" sulk because his own birth country of Saudi Arabia, (who kicked him out), wouldn't let him be in charge of Kuwait, in 1990,and then allowed the
U.S. to do it instead. He hated that, and hated the U.S.and definitely found a way for revenge.

There are gangs in the U.S. who can be compared to "him", they are just thugs. Now, you can say the
same for the Bush Administration at this point. But at that time, there was no "reason" for anyone
to do something of that magnitude, just because they didn't agree with the U.S. foreign affairs. The
foreign affairs are between "countries", and those countries have their own rights to tell the U.S. just
what they will let them do in their own country , or "not". Countries can deal with countries.

It is a different story with "thugs", who have no support from "any" country at all.

Last edited: