Prosecuting Freedon of Speech

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yes, I'm serious. I have no issues with vigorous debate at all. In fact I welcome it. But it's poor form for journalists to mock their guests without provocation.
Without provocation? I'm someone that doesn't agree with funding things like interpretive dance, and feel provoked by people like Gillis living off my back.

Though I didn't make any complaints, I can understand why some would, and I'll grant you that a good deal of them didn't complain because they actually care about the state of journalism.
Then why defend the vile act?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It's too late now. Yo! You get what you pay for nigga.

lmao. Ok Petros whatever you say my man.

If we'd had only started giving out bundles of cash back in the 1940's we never would have had the scourge of Rock and Roll.

It would have been the Big Bands and Sentimental Journey for all eternity!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Without provocation? I'm someone that doesn't agree with funding things like interpretive dance, and feel provoked by people like Gillis living off my back.

I hope this backfires and they pull her funding.

Any chance of that happening?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
No, you asked about a code of ethics. Suggesting there was something unethical about the interview, imho.

To some... asking tough questions would be against their Code of Conduct I would say. To have the audacity to question a person who has became wealthy via tax payer money and dancing may be against the liberal code of conduct.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
lmao. Ok Petros whatever you say my man.

If we'd had only started giving out bundles of cash back in the 1940's we never would have had the scourge of Rock and Roll.

It would have been the Big Bands and Sentimental Journey for all eternity!
Rock and Roll came from the Blues which was the music of the impoverished. It certainly didn't have big band or jazz roots.

If it means the censorship of political commentary???

No.
It's about content not format.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Rock and Roll came from the Blues which was the music of the impoverished. It certainly didn't have big band or jazz roots.

Thats why we should have funded Big Bands like Benny Goodman, Count Basie, Glenn Miller, and Guy Lombardo... so there would be less jazz... I think...

Make sense? At all? Even in the slightest?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
No, you asked about a code of ethics. Suggesting there was something unethical about the interview, imho.

I'm suggesting that it might have been, not that there was something unethical. I'm hardly an expert in ethics. But I guess that discussion is also easily shut down by simply claiming freedom of speech.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
If it means the censorship of political commentary???

It doesn't. I doubt very much that you believe that political commentary can't be achieved while adhering to a code of ethics. If you do...well that's dubious.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm suggesting that it might have been, not that there was something unethical.
The only unethical act in all this is, that of Gillis and company.

I'm hardly an expert in ethics. But I guess that discussion is also easily shut down by simply claiming freedom of speech.
:roll: Weak dude.

It doesn't. I doubt very much that you believe that political commentary can't be achieved while adhering to a code of ethics. If you do...well that's dubious.
You keep bringing up ethics.

What was unethical about the interview?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

hmmm....

I think you are trying to frame the debate on your own terms here....

The folks that support Gillis do not want the CBSB to come out and say Sun TV News were Bad Boys........

They want their license to broadcast rescinded, or not re-issued by the CRTC.

A MUCH worse offense than some rude talk in a heated debate.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Thats why we should have funded Big Bands like Benny Goodman, Count Basie, Glenn Miller, and Guy Lombardo... so there would be less jazz... I think...

Make sense? At all? Even in the slightest?
Yeah those jazz "hep cats" were all reefer heads and needed to be put in their place. LOL