Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson 'are back together'

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The Duke of York and Sarah Ferguson announced they were going to split up in 1992, the year which the Queen dubbed her "Annus Horribilis".

Not only was that the year that the Duke of York and Sarah Ferguson split, it was also the year in which:

• Elizabeth II's daughter, the Princess Royal, split from her husband, Captain Mark Phillips;
  • the Princess of Wales’ tell-all book, Diana, Her True Story, was published;
  • on 28th November, just four days after the Queen made her famous "Annus Horribilis" speech at the Guildhall in London (1992 is not a year on which I shall look back with undiluted pleasure. In the words of one of my more sympathetic correspondents, it has turned out to be an Annus Horribilis), one of her residences, Windsor Castle, was gutted by fire.
  • and then, to top it all, Prince Charles and Princess Diana announced in December that THEY were to split!!

So whereas 1759 was the year dubbed Britain's "Annus Mirabilis", in which a series of victories by the British military over the French in 1759 in North America, Europe, India and in various naval engagements during the Seven Years' War saw Britain become the world's undisputed foremost military, political, industrial and economic power, 1992 was very much the Queen's "Annus Horribilis."

Last edited:

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Yep- Those guys are still locked into the anger.
My issues are when parents, divorced turn or try to turn the child/children against the other. Nothing but child abuse, and it is abuse as it is emotional abuse. I am waiting for the day when Judge makes new law and sends one to jail.

Been there - went through that when my parents broke up! Now, I'm closer to my dad than my mom. While he left initially, she was the one that wouldn't allow us contact with our dad - made us feel like it was our fault! Finally re-established a relationship with dad after an absence of 15 years!! While it took some time, I'm glad it happened.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I always wonder when divorced people say nothing but very bad things about each other why they got married in the first place.
I will always wonder why people get married in the first place. Easier just to find a woman you hate and give her your house.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Been there - went through that when my parents broke up! Now, I'm closer to my dad than my mom. While he left initially, she was the one that wouldn't allow us contact with our dad - made us feel like it was our fault! Finally re-established a relationship with dad after an absence of 15 years!! While it took some time, I'm glad it happened.

My older brother has never re-established a relationship with dad and only contacts my mom when ne needs money, so he basically doesn't much care about our family. Hope he doesn't live to regret it.

My younger sister who was 2 when the break up occurred, doesn't even know him and goes by my late step-father's last name. I am her guardian and I plan on introducing them at some point in the near future because I believe she needs to know who her father actually is and he wants to be a part of whatever life he has left (he's 86). Hopefully, I'll get that accomplished soon...

JMHO

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I will always wonder why people get married in the first place. Easier just to find a woman you hate and give her your house.

Probably because they love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together.

One of the quirks of early 21st Century life is that the Left frowns upon traditional marriage between a man and a woman, yet at the same time they positively encourage marriage between two people of the same gender.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Probably because they love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together.

One of the quirks of early 21st Century life is that the Left frowns upon traditional marriage between a man and a woman, yet at the same time they positively encourage marriage between two people of the same gender.
In your excuse for a mind, that is. Which is a pretty good definition of anus horribilus.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It's a "fact" that the left frowns on marriage? Let's see the numbers.

"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion."
--Lazarus Long

I don't need to show any numbers. It's well-known. In Britain, for example, the tax system penalises married couples.