Pot war 35 years Old pot Still Winning

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Yup: crime rate going down, tax revenues going up, and people re getting medical treatment. What more can society ask for??

It's amazing and good news.

Its a head scratcher that we know if you treat people like they're dumb, incapable and micro manage them that you HAVE to micro manage them because you have made them dumb and incapable. Good employers know this. Good parents know this.

However, this side of the world seems to favour treating everyone like criminals. Punishment over rehabilitation. Micromanaging and bubblewrapping everything. We've got lies to hide the truth from our children and have children who grow up and don't believe anything but who haven't the ability to critically think.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Mexico's Supreme Court on Wednesday gave the green light to growing marijuana for recreational use in a landmark decision that could lead to legalization in a country with a bloody history of conflict with drug cartels.

Supporters of reform sparked up joints to hail the court's decision, which, while not legalizing use of marijuana, is one of the boldest steps ever taken in that direction in a country long reluctant to liberalize drug laws.

"We've seen how drug policy and prohibition have only helped drug traffickers rake in money and commit terrible crimes to control drug markets," said 27-year-old Meliton Gonzalez, one activist celebrating outside the court.

Four more consecutive decisions of the same kind and the court's ruling would become jurisprudence, setting a legal precedent in Mexico, which has suffered well over 100,000 deaths due to drug-related crime over the past decade, and force the government to review the law.

Mexico court ruling sparks high hopes for marijuana legalization | Reuters

The public debate on marijuana has surged in Mexico in recent months since the case of an 8-year old girl with epilepsy who became Mexico’s first medical marijuana patient made national and international headlines. The government granted the right to import and administer a cannabis-based treatment for the young patient.

Mexico's Supreme Court Declares Individuals Have the Right to Consume and Cultivate Marijuana | Drug Policy Alliance

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Where did all those very entertaining posters go. When I was put down in the bygone it was like getting candy now we have to make do with photos of unrelated sh it.

maybe they got tired of being called names whenever they expressed an opinion?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
maybe they got tired of being called names whenever they expressed an opinion?

I know for a fact that they did. A certain ammount of good natured criticism done artisticly is not a thing to avoid though. It's very difficult sometimes to get a reassuring pleasent smile accross when in a heated discussion.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I know for a fact that they did. A certain ammount of good natured criticism done artisticly is not a thing to avoid though. It's very difficult sometimes to get a reassuring pleasent smile accross when in a heated discussion.

You do very well at it. There are a couple of other posters who also seem to maintain a calm, pleasant and even humorous demeanor even when disagreeing.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
You do very well at it. There are a couple of other posters who also seem to maintain a calm, pleasant and even humorous demeanor even when disagreeing.

Thankyou, I have never knowingly tried to hurt someones feelings or make a fool of them by making a bigger fool of myself. Of course best intentions are also hard to get accross sometimes.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Mexico's Supreme Court on Wednesday gave the green light to growing marijuana for recreational use in a landmark decision that could lead to legalization in a country with a bloody history of conflict with drug cartels.

Supporters of reform sparked up joints to hail the court's decision, which, while not legalizing use of marijuana, is one of the boldest steps ever taken in that direction in a country long reluctant to liberalize drug laws.

"We've seen how drug policy and prohibition have only helped drug traffickers rake in money and commit terrible crimes to control drug markets," said 27-year-old Meliton Gonzalez, one activist celebrating outside the court.

Four more consecutive decisions of the same kind and the court's ruling would become jurisprudence, setting a legal precedent in Mexico, which has suffered well over 100,000 deaths due to drug-related crime over the past decade, and force the government to review the law.

Mexico court ruling sparks high hopes for marijuana legalization | Reuters

The public debate on marijuana has surged in Mexico in recent months since the case of an 8-year old girl with epilepsy who became Mexico’s first medical marijuana patient made national and international headlines. The government granted the right to import and administer a cannabis-based treatment for the young patient.

Mexico's Supreme Court Declares Individuals Have the Right to Consume and Cultivate Marijuana | Drug Policy Alliance
Well, it is about time! Imagine that, MX being ahead of "advanced" nations like the USA in sensible "drug policy". hehe

True dat.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I get impatient sometimes. I'd much prefer topics to be adhered to than pop in here and see the sandbox quibbling.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I'm human and somewhat immature at times . I get impatient trying to talk with tree stumps when it shouldn't bother me,,especially on the net where you have no clue who you're talking with.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Chilean President Michelle Bachelet just signed a decree officially removing marijuana from the country’s list of “hard drugs.”

The change in policy now classifies marijuana with other “soft drugs” like alcohol, and could be the most recent in a string of significant steps toward legalizing cannabis in Chile.

The decree also legalizes the sale of cannabis-derived medicine at pharmacies

What the decree doesn’t do, however, is change very much of anything else. Planting, selling, and transporting marijuana is still illegal in Chile, and those who get caught doing so could still get sentences of 5-10 years in prison.

While this latest change is still a long way off from full-scale legalization, many see it as another important step in a more general trend of making cannabis more accessible in Chile.

In October 2014, the government launched a program designed to produce cannabis for medicinal uses, and this past April the country enjoyed its first legal harvest of medical marijuana.

“The non-profit organization Daya Foundation was then granted a permit to extract cannabis oil in a pilot program aimed at treating 200 cancer patients for free.”

Chile’s latest move is also an important part of the growing international trend of decriminalizing cannabis and moving toward legalization.

Joining Chile in this global movement, Mexico recently made headlines when its Supreme Court of Justice declared “the absolute prohibition” of cannabis to be unconstitutional.

Chile Removes Marijuana From List of 'Hard Drugs'