Pot war 35 years Old pot Still Winning

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
One thing for certain in the pot wars is that that Big Pharma considers cannibis it's mortal enemy. While thier drugs exact a significantly greater toll on the public good we are asked nay ordered to suspend judgement because of officialdoms bootlicking addiction to big money. The long term effects of cannibis ingestion may cause harm, but that's not a choice we are freely allowed to make in a democratic manner. The welfare nanny state that spoon feeds corporate America and the Right World at large has decided it's just to damageing to allow freedom of choice with respect to grass but we're all perfectly free to smoke tobacco while we drink ourselves to death. What's wrong with me, why am I so stupid?:lol:

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Hey scary monster, what a convenient vacuous point !! LOL !!

Words are labels. Didn't George Orwell tell you how inconvenient and how problematic
thinking becomes without the words to label such thoughts ?

You got it bass ackwards.

More labels, more words, more thought.

Less labels, less words, lack of symbols to convey thought, the harder the thinking is.

This is why the classics are great. Take for example David Copperfield's classic where
one of the characters is Uriah Heep. Well there's a rock band with that name. In one name,
one title there lies a world of thought contained in one name, one label, one word or two.

Pithy, this label is.

How tedious it is to use a whole sentence and when maybe one word strikes at the
heart of the beast.

Why make up a spear right in the middle of a hunt ?

Why not use spear already made ? Why not use the word ?

Word up ?

Man up ?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
welfare nanny state ----------------Darkbeaver.

Hmm, haven't you been a "busy" one requiring the government to help us all ?

From cradle to grave, the liberal left has been issuing this "welfare nanny state."

Certainly the welfare recipiants on the right would have us ignore thier nanny dependency. But when all is said and counted there is little doubt who's really responsible for the depleated public breast.:smile:

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
..."the depleated public breast"...

Oh, homonymal hell! I should think a "depleated" boob might be full indeed! DB, you must take a spelling course. Your meaning is increasingly misconstrued.

Rar! I'm a scary monster!

Electoral Member
Mar 10, 2007
Western NC, USA
Hey scary monster, what a convenient vacuous point !! LOL !!

How tedious it is to use a whole sentence and when maybe one word strikes at the
heart of the beast.

Ironic that a person too lazy or loathe to describe others using "a whole sentence" waxes so (uselessly) philosophical when confronted about said gripe.

People deserve more than a convenient and often unfit label.

Ironic the 'vacuousness' in a lack of deeper thought (and description) of others too lowly to deserve individuality in some people's minds.

Tedium is reading words originating from those too ready to make sweeping generalisations.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Here in Gopherland, Minnesota our former governor Jesse "the Body" Ventura said that he would legalize cannibis is he could.

Don't use the stuff myself but if it can help people with medical needs, then society should allow its use (albeit limited to such use).

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
There is only one group of people responsible for the state of our country.

The Majority of its citizens, deal with it. If you don't like it? too bad. The only thing worse than a majority of people abusing a minority of people, is a minority of people abusing a majority of people.

No country can truly exist without the consent of its own people to be ruled, even dictatorships require that people would rather quietly comply than resist.

The massive conspiracy for those like Darkbeaver, Stretch and all those who see monsters (existing or not) in every shadow..is that people don't think like you. Look around, You are the lone element in a democracy, even if the monsters were real..we would rather have them than live as you espouse.

No matter how loud you preach..people will not follow, your views are antithetical to the average canadian and they would not allow themselves to be oppressed into following such views.

You are born to the wrong country it seems. You could emmigrate if you truly find it unbearable.

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
Do drug users have jobs? Or does the public pay for the pot?

Many pot smokers have jobs.

"DOCTORS SMOKE IT
NURSES SMOKE IT
JUDGES SMOKE IT
EVEN LAWYER, TOO
SO YOU'VE GOT TO LEGALIZE IT"

- Peter Tosh

Rar! I'm a scary monster!

Electoral Member
Mar 10, 2007
Western NC, USA
There is only one group of people responsible for the state of our country.

The Majority of its citizens, deal with it. If you don't like it? too bad. The only thing worse than a majority of people abusing a minority of people, is a minority of people abusing a majority of people.

No country can truly exist without the consent of its own people to be ruled, even dictatorships require that people would rather quietly comply than resist.

The massive conspiracy for those like Darkbeaver, Stretch and all those who see monsters (existing or not) in every shadow..is that people don't think like you. Look around, You are the lone element in a democracy, even if the monsters were real..we would rather have them than live as you espouse.

No matter how loud you preach..people will not follow, your views are antithetical to the average canadian and they would not allow themselves to be oppressed into following such views.

You are born to the wrong country it seems. You could emmigrate if you truly find it unbearable.

Here in the US, we are a democratic republic. I don't know how Canadian politics work, but over here that means that technically the majority does NOT rule. The electoral college does our thinking for us, whether we ask them to or not.

Reagrding "No country can truly exist without...". That's ridiculous and ignorantly optimistic. You assume the people who disagree with their leadership are unified in their opposition....otherwise it seems you feel the 'minority' should have little-to-no say, apparently.

Re: "Mosters or not....we would rather have them", no, YOU would rather have them. Don't pretend to speak for a nation....look how it makes Bush appear.

Who is oppressing whom?

...and I just ADORE the "Love it or leave it" mentality. One of my favorite quotes, from Mark Twain, defines PATRIOT as: "The feller who can holler the loudest without knowing what he's hollerin about."

God bless free thought.