Pickup truck drivers are the worst drivers on the road..

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We have them because some people need them. We run a 3/4 ton long box on weekends and some evenings, because we had a house to strip of stucco, a yard to dig out and re-do, and assorted projects that have and will require gyproc, lumber, and various other goods that I simply can't carry in the minivan, and need too often to pay for delivery constantly. But we drive it accordingly. We don't think it's a tank that will keep us safe no matter what. We know it's limits.

Karrie there are lots of pickups out there that can haul as much and more and still get decent gas mileage. You don't need neck-snapping acceleration in a bloody pickup. Nor do they need the hundred mph speed that these trucks can't handle.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
1968...where's the gas tank?

I remember the days when the gas tank was in the cab, behind the seat.

Bonus of that is I don't need the gas gauge (doesn't work anyhow) If it's not sloshing ... I'm out. Filler cap is right where I can bang my hand on it on those dark nights when I'm seeking out a door handle.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Karrie there are lots of pickups out there that can haul as much and more and still get decent gas mileage. You don't need neck-snapping acceleration in a bloody pickup. Nor do they need the hundred mph speed that these trucks can't handle.

Well, that analogy should be applied to all vehicles, they are 'all' able to travel much
faster than they should, or ever would, how about the muscle cars, just a statement
right, and there are lots of dead people lying around who drove them.

We have had a mustang GT, traded it in for our nissan Altima, 4 cyl., I wouldn't want that
mustang back for anything, sure it had the big motor, 'useless', but it was uncomfortable,
we couldn't see the speedometer unless we leaned sideways to look in behind the steering wheel, hard to get in and out of, the back seat was so cramped that it was
embarrassing to ask people to ride there, the automatic transmission wasn't geared
to travel through town, and it used far too much fuel. Our 4 cyl. nissan is a peppy car, and has all the comfort we
would want, apparantly the nissan 4 cyl motors are one of the most powerful small
motors on the market, and I can verify that.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Well, that analogy should be applied to all vehicles, they are 'all' able to travel much
faster than they should, or ever would, how about the muscle cars, just a statement

We have had a mustang GT, traded it in for our nissan Altima, 4 cyl., I wouldn't want that
mustang back for anything, sure it had the big motor, 'useless', but it was uncomfortable,
we couldn't see the speedometer unless we leaned sideways to look in behind the steering wheel, hard to get in and out of, the back seat was so cramped that it was
embarrassing to ask people to ride there, the automatic transmission wasn't geared
to travel through town, and it used far too much fuel. Our 4 cyl. nissan is a peppy car, and has all the comfort we
would want, apparantly the nissan 4 cyl motors are one of the most powerful small

I like you take on this. Lady of the Island.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Our 4 cyl. nissan is a peppy car, and has all the comfort we
Sounds like you would be one of those guys zipping in and out of traffic in their little crap boxes.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
WADR,

Have you always been `a pointless assailant`?
There was a point. He said he could verify the nissan 4 banger was one of the most powerful small engines. Therefore I would be willing to bet that at some point or more he verified it by driving recklessly.

How many times do you see one of these little crap boxes in a tangled mess with deceased victim(s) on the evening news??

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
There was a point. He said he could verify the nissan 4 banger was one of the most powerful small engines. Therefore I would be willing to bet that at some point or more he verified it by driving recklessly.

How many times do you see one of these little crap boxes in a tangled mess with deceased victim(s) on the evening news??
Rarely.

....and she is a grand lady---Lady of the Island

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
We have a 4x4 F350 ford pickup, Diesel, as we pull a boat, and we did have an RV. I love that
truck, as does all of our family, they all have their name on the list to buy it when we
are finished with.
We have hauled wood from the mountain, take garden brush away, haul dogs in crates,
travel in it with a canopy full of stuff, etc.
We drive it responsibly, and that is what is important.

Sounds like you would be one of those guys zipping in and out of traffic in their little crap boxes.

Risus... wtf is your problem? Talloola didn't say a single thing that would warrant such an ignorant, judgemental response.

Reactions: talloola

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Risus... wtf is your problem? Talloola didn't say a single thing that would warrant such an ignorant, judgemental response.
He said 'the nissan 4 cyl motors are one of the most powerful small
' That was the reason for the 'judgemental' response, definitely not 'ignorant'

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
He said 'the nissan 4 cyl motors are one of the most powerful small
motors on the market, and I can verify that. ' That was the reason for the 'judgemental' response, definitely not 'ignorant'

I can verify it too.... Ever watch the Molson Indy? Count the number of Nissan-powered cars. There's no need for you to be judgemental - especially with your limited knowledge.

Google is your friend