shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
haha... good point shadow.

Speaking of hugs....

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I haven't been around much the last couple days to hand out hugs...

(((((HHHhhuuuuggggzzzzz)))))

(and a bum squeeze)

Ooh Karrie! How delightfully cheeky of you!

This is now a good day.:smile:

*hugs Karrie back complete with bum squeeze*

Remember, I am Hubby #4...;-)

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
If you're hubby #4, why am I laid up in pain after shoveling concrete yesterday afternoon? Shouldn't you have been helping!?

It was Thursday, so it was my day off. However, I am free this evening.;-)

I can't believe I said that! Crap, hope I don't find myself "red-ified".8O:lol:

triedit

inimitable
I can't adequately explain things without posting what was sent to me via PM. The short version is that I was told that posting personal stuff to the "degree" that I did was inappropriate. That word was used. I was also told that members had contacted mods via pm and email and expressed discomfort. I was told that soliciting personal advice is inappropriate at CC.

I do understand that my safety and that of my family was the primary concern. I appreciate that but feel that I should have the right to choose my own level of safety.

I was told that discussing this on the board was inappropriate. A thread was deleted. While I respect that I was probably seen as challenging a mod decision that was not really my intent. My intent was to give voice to the rest of the members regarding the censorship issue. I feel things should be dealt with openly and when it potentially affects all members it should not be hidden from members.

I was put on "moderation que"--or more correctly told that If I didnt stop posting about this issue I would be put in the que--meaning mods had to approve my post before it went to the board. I have an issue with this because I feel strongly that this is an issue we need to deal with as a group, not hide it in pm's. I don't like talking behind people's backs. I have never stated which mod this discussion was with, so felt that I had appropriately addressed it as a group issue, not a personal one.

I appreciate that speaking of my frustrations and reactions as a parent (and a GOOD parent I might add) might be uncomfortable for some. But I do not feel that it was inappropriate. Nor do I feel that posting about the issue with my husband's friend was inappropriate. Supposedly this is a friendly place. When faced with enormous issues I think it is completely appropriate to vent these things to friends, regardless of it being on the web. If I am not uncomforable with the public view, that should be my issue, not that of a moderator.

All of this has been discussed with the mod. Our opinions are not in harmony and since I am just a member, my opinion loses. I accept that.

So I asked for help finding a forum that was more appropriate for someone comfortable with sharing intimate things with friends. I specifically asked that such referrals be done via PM.

That thread was removed.

Now Im at a loss over what to do. I want the freedom to express my thoughts and feelings in a way I see fit so long as it harms none. I can't have that here. I'm not permitted to ask my friends for recommendations. Im not permitted to openly discuss this issue with people who might someday be faced with the same. People I care about and trust.

And in the process have been labelled immature and needing attention.

It would seem to me that if a mod had an issue they would simply just talk to me, person to person, and resolve it. If it truly was a legal issue (I was told that Andem could have to provide assistance to the police because I admitted to doing something criminal) then that could have been discussed, but it wouldn't have gone over well with me given that having sex with animals, suicide, and smoking illegal drugs is talked openly about. Those are also illegal but the mods don't have an issue with that.

So yes, Im trying hard to calm down and be rational, but I think I have been treated inappropriately and that the members here have a right to know what has transpired. I expect to be treated fairly. I expect to find out that every post about animal sex and illegal drugs will illicit warnings via pm from mods.

Im willing to bet that isn't happening.

Im through with this now. Ive said my piece. I don't know if I will stay, to be honest. I like so many of the folks here. But I won't be party to double standards and I won't withhold posts I feel necessary just because it might make someone uncomfortable. Ive still got some more thinking to do on the subject.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Tried, no one here has seriously suggested that they have fornicated with a goat, nor is discussing past experiences with weed a criminal offense. Are you trying to suck everyone into your drama vortex?

Reactions: Cosmo

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Parenting methods are an interesting topic. The spanking law is even interesting:

"Canada's top court has upheld a law allowing parents to spank their children, but also set guidelines outlining "reasonable limits" to the act. In a 6-3 decision, the Supreme Court of Canada refused to repeal Section 43 of the Criminal Code that allows parents and school teachers to physically discipline children in their care by using "reasonable" force.
In its decision Friday, the court ruled that reasonable corrective force can be used against children between the ages of two and 12 years old."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2004/01/30/spanking040130.html

Often, there is a mixture of emotion associated with the use of corporal punishment, particularly when we love the person we're punishing, but it has it's place. I suppose the important point is that the person administering the punishment is doing it out of love, not frustration.

Not much of a legal issue ... since it's okay to spank children ... although it does say something about "The court said it was unacceptable to hit a child with an object, like a belt or paddle. Blows and slaps to the child's head would also be unacceptable. For corporal punishment to be legally acceptable, it must involve only "minor corrective force of a transitory and trifling nature," the court ruled."

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Personal ! I say ha !
here's my bank account `###############
and my credit card ############
and my genitle size ##################################################################

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Is that genital or gentile or gentle - all very personal, of course.

Also, having a little trouble with the second number ... could you repost using secret code.

TIA

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
That's actually a rather big number for the the gentle size ... impressive.