Paul Bernardo applies for day parole in Toronto

skw

Jun 29, 2015
ony
Wow, the internet posse's all ready for Bernardo.

Sh*t, they could let him walk tomorrow and he'd be perfectly safe. Evidence? The fact that Homolka's been free and easily accessible for years, and nobody's so much as slapped her face, much less planted a tire iron in her skull.

Bernardo's biggest danger would be accidentally being caught in a hockey riot.
Yes why hasn't there been outrage at that her own sister remember

He got a bum wrap, she played a far greater role in this horror show, than she paid for.

Besides, whether or not either gets got is up to Karma. I'm willing to let Karma do its thing.
Karma takes too long

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'Sadistic, bored' Paul Bernardo applies for day parole: Lawyer
By Terry Davidson, Toronto Sun First posted: Friday, July 03, 2015 09:19 PM EDT | Updated: Friday, July 03, 2015 09:49 PM EDT
TORONTO - Paul Bernardo’s desire to satisfy a psychopathic need for attention, a sadistic sense of “entertainment,” and his delusion is driving his request for day parole, a lawyer representing the families of two of his victims says.
Toronto lawyer Tim Danson, who represents the families of teens Leslie Mahaffy and Kristen French confirmed Friday he received notice from Corrections Canada that Bernardo, 50, has exercised his right to apply for day parole in Toronto — three years before he is eligible to apply for full parole.
Bernardo was convicted two decades ago of the sexual assaults and murders Mahaffy and French in 1991 and 1992, respectively.
Bernardo also confessed to sex assaulting 14 women in what earlier had become known as the case of the Scarborough Rapist. Bernardo, who was assisted in the crimes by his then-wife, Karla Homolka, was sentenced to prison with no chance of parole for 25 years.
Danson maintains that Bernardo, given the infamy of his crimes and the fact he has been designated a dangerous offender, will never again see the outside of prison.
Bernardo’s motivation for launching the application process may be around a way of providing himself with entertainment while behind bars, Danson said.
“(Psychopaths) are all about themselves ... They think they are the centre of the universe and (love attention),” said Danson. “He knows it would be upsetting for the victims’ (families) ... This is sport and entertainment for him. This is what psychopaths enjoy.”
Danson went on to say Bernardo is likely being kept out of the prison’s general population for his own protection and that the application could possibly be his way to cut the boredom that comes with segregation.
“He has a lot of alone time, so this is something that would be a distraction for him,” Danson said, adding Bernardo could also have a psychopath’s delusion that he stands a shot at being granted day parole.
“Statistically, only 1% of the dangerous offenders in the corrections system are out on parole,” criminal lawyer Daniel Brown said, adding that none have committed murders. Bernardo hasn’t much of a chance of ever tasting freedom again, he said.
“The odds of any dangerous offender being released into the community are infinitely small, and a dangerous offender who has committed murder stands an even smaller chance,” Brown said, adding that the infamy of Bernardo’s crimes make him “unreleasable.”
Paul Bernardo. (QMI Agency file)

'Sadistic, bored' Paul Bernardo applies for day parole: Lawyer | Toronto & GTA |

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
He got a bum wrap, she played a far greater role in this horror show, than she paid for.

Besides, whether or not either gets got is up to Karma. I'm willing to let Karma do its thing.

He didn't get a "bum wrap". He is a sexual sadist and a dangerous predator. That he partnered up with that soulless psychopathic c*nt does not change the fact that he's a dangerous predator who should remain behind bars until he dies. That she didn't pay even a tenth of what she should have does not mean he should get lesser consideration for his role, it means we should forever be ashamed that we allowed such a sick and twisted individual to get off so lightly.

She, however, did not create him, she simply augmented him.

Fuk Karma, let him rot in prison.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
He didn't get a "bum wrap".
Bum rap. Just sayin'

He is a sexual sadist and a dangerous predator.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

That he partnered up with that soulless psychopathic c*nt does not change the fact that he's a dangerous predator who should remain behind bars until he dies. That she didn't pay even a tenth of what she should have does not mean he should get lesser consideration for his role, it means we should forever be ashamed that we allowed such a sick and twisted individual to get off so lightly.
Like Canadians need a reason to apologize.

She, however, did not create him, she simply augmented him.
In my head, I hear Patrick Stewart's voice saying that line.

Fuk Karma, let him rot in prison.
Better not let Carmine hear you say that.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I thought as a 'Dangerous Offender' he has to deemed as 'no threat' to society as a whole to achieve parole. Not just day parole, but full parole which is normally automatic after the minimum sentence is served, providing there were no serious behavioural issues in prison. The burden of proof of being completely rehabilitated will be on Bernardo's side, not the justice system in this case.

Apparently he has been a model prisoner, but was turned down for Medium Security Status with its tangibly better living conditions some time ago. He's eligible for full parole in 2018, but i'm guessing he's going to spending most of the rest of his life in Maximum Security.. because he's such a poster boy for serial killers.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
sure, I will grant him a day parole, then lead him out on a long walk on a short pier, staying far
behind of course, with a big stick for pushing.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I thought as a 'Dangerous Offender' he has to deemed as 'no threat' to society as a whole to achieve parole. Not just day parole, but full parole which is normally automatic after the minimum sentence is served, providing there were no serious behavioural issues in prison. The burden of proof of being completely rehabilitated will be on Bernardo's side, not the justice system in this case.

Apparently he has been a model prisoner, but was turned down for Medium Security Status with its tangibly better living conditions some time ago. He's eligible for full parole in 2018, but i'm guessing he's going to spending most of the rest of his life in Maximum Security.. because he's such a poster boy for serial killers.

Dangerous offenders don't get parole. They can be held forever and he may very well not be released after he has served his time. There's your lax Canadian justice system, for you. I don't believe that there is an equivalent in the States, where they hold you forever with consecutive life sentences, instead. Here, the Dangerous Offender certification is all that it takes to keep you locked up forever. You have the right to apply for parole, as this particular monster has done and the Crown has the right to tell you to get stuffed. Clifford Olsen used to dance this little dance regularly, applying for parole and he never left the dungeon. He died there. That's lax for you.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Dangerous offenders don't get parole. They can be held forever and he may very well not be released after he has served his time. There's your lax Canadian justice system, for you. I don't believe that there is an equivalent in the States, where they hold you forever with consecutive life sentences, instead. Here, the Dangerous Offender certification is all that it takes to keep you locked up forever. You have the right to apply for parole, as this particular monster has done and the Crown has the right to tell you to get stuffed. Clifford Olsen used to dance this little dance regularly, applying for parole and he never left the dungeon. He died there. That's lax for you.

When you get sentenced to "Life" that means you are in the system until the day you die and as far as I know THAT can not be reduced. Now whether you actually spend the entire time in the "crowbar" is a different thing. Some are released under strict supervision because they have shown they are no longer a threat and have mended their ways. I think since they did away with the "faint hope clause" you are in there for 25 years or longer.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
When you get sentenced to "Life" that means you are in the system until the day you die and as far as I know THAT can not be reduced. Now whether you actually spend the entire time in the "crowbar" is a different thing. Some are released under strict supervision because they have shown they are no longer a threat and have mended their ways. I think since they did away with the "faint hope clause" you are in there for 25 years or longer.

...and if the Dangerous Offender is slapped on top of "Life" you can be held indefinitely and usually are. You don't necessarily go free just because you have served out your sentence in this country. I'll be surprised if Bernardo ever goes free. You have to wonder about Williams (the ex-commasnder of 8 wing) whether he will ever go free either, given the sadistic nature of his murders as well.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
...and if the Dangerous Offender is slapped on top of "Life" you can be held indefinitely and usually are. You don't necessarily go free just because you have served out your sentence in this country. I'll be surprised if Bernardo ever goes free. You have to wonder about Williams (the ex-commasnder of 8 wing) whether he will ever go free either, given the sadistic nature of his murders as well.

They're both psychopaths as far as I know and to the best of my knowledge there is no cure for that (other than a .45 slug behind the right ear)