Paul Bernardo applies for day parole in Toronto

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The current GG of Canada.

Ok. I was didn't recognize the name thinking he was a criminal based upon the context of JLMs comment.

Obviously JLM considers him the same quality of character as dear Omar. Perhaps he is suggesting that Omar be the next GG.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I don't ever remember a Dangerous Offender getting any kind of parole. He will likely be held indefinitely at Her Majesty's pleasure and he is doing this to keep his name in your face or perhaps because he is bored silly. Anyway, among his crimes is that he turned out to be the Scarborough Rapist. There is no judge so goofy as to release a stalking serial rapist and sadistic murderer into Toronto. He will die in the slammer (and the sooner the better, eh?)

The current GG of Canada.

I happen to think the world of the man. It's been a long time since we had which a classy GG.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So you are in favour of vigilante justice? Or only against criminals you personally have not grown fond of?

No I think it should be decided by a panel of at least three people.............myself and two other guys.

I'm Ok will Paul getting out on parole.

As long as it's well advertised and released into a large crowd of people on a Saturday or Sunday. :)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Wow, the internet posse's all ready for Bernardo.

Sh*t, they could let him walk tomorrow and he'd be perfectly safe. Evidence? The fact that Homolka's been free and easily accessible for years, and nobody's so much as slapped her face, much less planted a tire iron in her skull.

Bernardo's biggest danger would be accidentally being caught in a hockey riot.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Wow, the internet posse's all ready for Bernardo.

Sh*t, they could let him walk tomorrow and he'd be perfectly safe. Evidence? The fact that Homolka's been free and easily accessible for years, and nobody's so much as slapped her face, much less planted a tire iron in her skull.

Bernardo's biggest danger would be accidentally being caught in a hockey riot.
He got a bum wrap, she played a far greater role in this horror show, than she paid for.

Besides, whether or not either gets got is up to Karma. I'm willing to let Karma do its thing.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
He got a bum wrap, she played a far greater role in this horror show, than she paid for.

Besides, whether or not either gets got is up to Karma. I'm willing to let Karma do its thing.

Gotta ask yourself "Is the time I will serve worth the service rendered?". They both will get theirs in the end. Maybe they will meet each other and go out together.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Maybe, he should be accidentally released into the general prison population for an hour or two (ooops!)