One Canadian's Opinion? US Canada Relationship.

jensonj

Jan 29, 2005
CENTRAL CANADA
What I don't understand is why the US Administration dislikes Canada? I know they want to combine our energy resources with theirs and they want to open up the NAFTA agreement?

jensonj

Jan 29, 2005
CENTRAL CANADA
What I don't understand is why the US Administration dislikes Canada? I know they want to combine our energy resources with theirs and they want to open up the NAFTA agreement?

Chewy

Nominee Member
Jul 14, 2004
Re: RE: One Canadian's Opinion? US Canada Relationship.

jensonj said:
I don't think it has much to about energy resources and very much to with support the efforts in Iraq.
Canadians as a whole have been vocal about their views on the war in Iraq and Americans are stunned we can’t embrace the idea of the Americanization of the world.

Chewy

Nominee Member
Jul 14, 2004

jensonj said:
I don't think it has much to about energy resources and very much to with support the efforts in Iraq.
Canadians as a whole have been vocal about their views on the war in Iraq and Americans are stunned we can’t embrace the idea of the Americanization of the world.

Chewy

Nominee Member
Jul 14, 2004

jensonj said:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: One Canadian's Opinio

The dislike was there before Iraq, although that made it worse. Bush already had a close personal relationship with Fox from Mexico, but had no knowledge of Canada whatsoever. Chretien had a good personal relationship with Bill Clinton. Chretien's nephew was ambassador to the US and said that Gore would make a better president that Bush...something an ambassador is never supposed to do.

That all just added to the fact that far right side of the Republican Party, the Bushites, never liked Canada in the first place. We're liberal in our attitudes. We work to keep church and state separated. We believe in multilateralism and support the United Nations.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

The dislike was there before Iraq, although that made it worse. Bush already had a close personal relationship with Fox from Mexico, but had no knowledge of Canada whatsoever. Chretien had a good personal relationship with Bill Clinton. Chretien's nephew was ambassador to the US and said that Gore would make a better president that Bush...something an ambassador is never supposed to do.

That all just added to the fact that far right side of the Republican Party, the Bushites, never liked Canada in the first place. We're liberal in our attitudes. We work to keep church and state separated. We believe in multilateralism and support the United Nations.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

jensonj

Jan 29, 2005
CENTRAL CANADA
Interesting point Chewy.

Do you think that maybe the average American is so busy trying to scratch out a living that they could not care less unless its effecting directly their lives?

jensonj

Jan 29, 2005
CENTRAL CANADA
Interesting point Chewy.

Do you think that maybe the average American is so busy trying to scratch out a living that they could not care less unless its effecting directly their lives?

jensonj

Jan 29, 2005
CENTRAL CANADA
Interesting point Chewy.

jensonj

Jan 29, 2005
CENTRAL CANADA
Interesting point Chewy.

jensonj

Jan 29, 2005
CENTRAL CANADA
Interesting point Chewy.

jensonj

Jan 29, 2005
CENTRAL CANADA
Interesting point Chewy.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
The average American is to busy trying to scratch out a living to even vote. Hence they don't even worry about how this country(US) is viewed by the rest of the world. You have single parents working two jobs to try and feed their kids. They don't exactly hav a lot of time to head to a polling stsation. I am surprised the pollsters haven't done polls on the 1/3 of Americans that didn't vote.It would be interesting to see what percentage of the population was too busy to vote and how they would have voted if they could have found the time.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
The average American is to busy trying to scratch out a living to even vote. Hence they don't even worry about how this country(US) is viewed by the rest of the world. You have single parents working two jobs to try and feed their kids. They don't exactly hav a lot of time to head to a polling stsation. I am surprised the pollsters haven't done polls on the 1/3 of Americans that didn't vote.It would be interesting to see what percentage of the population was too busy to vote and how they would have voted if they could have found the time.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hey! Zenfisher

You wrote:
I am surprised the pollsters haven't done polls on the 1/3 of Americans that didn't vote.It would be interesting to see what percentage of the population was too busy to vote and how they would have voted if they could have found the time.

Jeez! I never thought of that. I'd pay to read that poll.
I think it's a great idea.

Calm

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hey! Zenfisher

You wrote:
I am surprised the pollsters haven't done polls on the 1/3 of Americans that didn't vote.It would be interesting to see what percentage of the population was too busy to vote and how they would have voted if they could have found the time.

Calm

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hey! Zenfisher

You wrote:

Calm