Olympic Complaints, & Who And Where Is The Moderator On This Board?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
But only if you use your printer for that perfect window sign.
The Olympics is simply the suspension of free speech every four years!
Correction! The Olympics is simply a major raise in taxes for the rest of my life and anyone else around my age that lives in BC. I have yet to come across a BC person who is happy the Olympics are happening here.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Correction! The Olympics is simply a major raise in taxes for the rest of my life and anyone else around my age that lives in BC. I have yet to come across a BC person who is happy the Olympics are happening here.

You don't get out much

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

Nonsense.... Poppycock!

The Olympiques can no more have a deficit than a man can have a baby....

Jean Drapeau

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I am sure the the ever present favelas will disappear in Rio by the time the Olympics arrive.
By the way, Rio is simply one gigantic favela!
PS
The Olympics are some politicians' idea of good propaganda and a possible political legacies. Remember 1936?
PPS
The parades of cheering masses will be wonderful to behold in BC. Get your banners yet, BCers?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Quite so Dexter. People are free to post their comments, opinions etc. no matter how absurd or moronic. And I like Spade’s definition of an idiot (somebody who disagrees with you).

Anyway, I think the forums have improved considerably as of late. There used to be plenty of personal insults, personal attacks. There used to be threads devoted to nothing but personal insults. Lately it has diminished considerably. I think the moderators are doing their job well; they seemed to have cracked down on miscreants recently.

Personally I don’t have any problem with stupid comments, they are good for a laugh, and I rarely respond to them
... and sure like to post enough of your own. lol

Hazmart

Council Member
Sep 29, 2007
Where is the moderator at CC to suspend idiots who and add moronic comments and pictures? Does this board have one?

At CC we have 3 mods at the moment. Myself, Ron in Regina, and shadowshiv. Our admin is Andem. There is not a set schedule for when we are here. We all have full time jobs and lives off line and pop in when we can.

If you are concerned that another poster is breaking the forum rules you are very welcome to report it. That way which ever mod is online, they can find it and take a look at it much sooner than just sifting through all the threads.

If you have any general concerns you can always contact any one of us and we will be happy to try and help you out! Hope that answers some of your questions!

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
At CC we have 3 mods at the moment. Myself, Ron in Regina, and shadowshiv. Our admin is Andem. There is not a set schedule for when we are here. We all have full time jobs and lives off line and pop in when we can.

If you are concerned that another poster is breaking the forum rules you are very welcome to report it. That way which ever mod is online, they can find it and take a look at it much sooner than just sifting through all the threads.

If you have any general concerns you can always contact any one of us and we will be happy to try and help you out! Hope that answers some of your questions!
What the heck are you doing here? You should be out and about enjoying stuff like b-day cakes n things.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

What the heck are you doing here? You should be out and about enjoying stuff like b-day cakes n things.

because, despite Hazmart's claims in her above post......she really has no life.:p

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The Olympics are a terrible investment. it's a short term orgy, with very little long term benefit.

I believe it was Barcelona that went from tourism obscurity to something like number 3 in Europe ten years later. This is a huge windfall. What else would be spending money on right now, 40 skeena mills to make up for the forestry depression?