Occupy protester alleges police brutality during arrest

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
When the police order you to leave the area and you don't comply then you have to be prepared for a forceful arrest.

With those kind of sacked eyes?

What kind of pussy law enforcement do we have?

I'm sure they could have just picked her up and cuffed her.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Off topic but interesting to note the posts now show the time and # again, something that disappeared for a few months!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Occupy has to find a better way to get its message out there and fighting with police
on the streets is not the image they want.

Absolutely, quit patronizing products and services where they are being ripped off. Quit running up debt on credit cards or borrowing from workplace loan sharks, quit eating at the likes of Big Macs and QUIT sitting around idle, whining when they should be working.

demona

Apr 2, 2012
Posting here because i get deleted everywhere else. Please look into this persons past history he is an alleged sexual predator with a predilection for children. Please this man aaron glen turvey not angela turvey does not deserve to have all this support behind him. Please think of the little girl who has nightmares and panic attacks.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Brutality
1. The state or quality of being ruthless, cruel, harsh, or unrelenting.
2. A ruthless, cruel, harsh, or unrelenting act.

Hiroshima does more to fit that bill, yet a lot of people will argue it was justified to prevent further harm.

Unbelievable statement! Are you really that ignorant of Japan's PROVEN atrocities and their potential for even greater? Should not have asked, you will just spin it.:roll:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Hey newfriend...I'll have to insist on a link or it didn't happen. Thanks in-advance eh.

Don't get me wrong...seems this loudmouth was beligerent before the video started rolling so I'm not really on the side of the arrestee. But still, there hasta be some 'proof' of your allegation no?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Unbelievable statement! Are you really that ignorant of Japan's PROVEN atrocities and their potential for even greater?

If you actually read my post, I didn't make a firm assertion as to whether Hiroshima was justified or not. That was the point of my post on brutality. The term encompasses an extreme use of force, but does not express whether it is justified or not.

One way you can determine justification is by looking at the consequences of the action, the cause of the action and whether those consequences were appropriate for the cause.

Hey newfriend...I'll have to insist on a link or it didn't happen. Thanks in-advance eh.

Don't get me wrong...seems this loudmouth was beligerent before the video started rolling so I'm not really on the side of the arrestee. But still, there hasta be some 'proof' of your allegation no?

No, that's why it's an allegation. You guys really suffer from the groupthink, eh? :lol:

Allegation
1. the act of alleging; affirmation.

2. an assertion made with little or no proof.

3. an assertion made by a party in a legal proceeding, which the party then undertakes to prove.

4. a statement offered as a plea, excuse, or justification.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
That was for her own safety... Shutting yer pie-hole is the first thing that will save possible abuse

:lol:

Well, to be fair, we may know if that was the case if both parties testify with witnesses, but if I was to make a prediction of probability - knowing the strength value of your average officer and a woman of that physical nature - it is more likely he made the wrong choice and could have restricted her in a more civil fashion.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
I can't watch it here at work, but I'm assuming it doesn't require clocking a woman in the face?
[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

It does besides, I saw the woman in question interview and she never had an operation to talk like a woman so the police mistook her for a man.

Last edited: