Notley fires back at Prime Minister Harper

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Normally it is true one person does not create a recession.
That being said Harper is a control freak and everything is
run by him.
In addition he changed the name from The Government of
Canada to the Harper Government is so doing he must
wear all the ills of that government. Hopefully soon we will
be rid of him. Oh and Alberta is going in the right direction.
The old boys club on the golf course ruling from an unseen
hand is hopefully over

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
run by him.
hand is hopefully over

Do you REALLY think Mulehair can do a better job?

Probably not as much as the golden parachutes of bankers and corporate executives.

I think you got that right!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Are you high?

I wish.

Oh and Alberta is going in the right direction.
hand is hopefully over

You'd best be looking into who runs Canadian oil companies. Nexen as an example is where old Libs and Dippers go to die after politics. Check it out.

Lookie lookie..an example.

Sometime the old boys are old girls....
Anne McLellan Joins Nexen's Board of Directors

CALGARY, ALBERTA--(CCNMatthews - July 5, 2006) - Francis Saville, Q.C., Chairman of the Board of Nexen Inc., announced today that the Honourable A. Anne McLellan, P.C. has joined Nexen's Board of Directors.

Ms. McLellan brings many years of senior political and policy making experience to our Board. She served four terms as the Liberal Member of Parliament for Edmonton Centre between 1993 and 2006, holding numerous ministerial portfolios during her exceptional career. Between December 2003 and January 2006 she served as Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Safety. In addition to these duties, she also chaired the Operations Committee and the Security, Public Health and Emergencies Committee, sat on the Aboriginal Affairs Committee, and was an ex-officio member of all other cabinet committees.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Probably not as much as the golden parachutes of bankers and corporate executives.

Bernie Madoff is really enjoying his

You'd best be looking into who runs Canadian oil companies. Nexen as an example is where old Libs and Dippers go to die after politics. Check it out.

yabut she wasn't in gvt for 35 years so her taxpayer sponsored pension don't count

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Question: "What percentage of so called 1%ers started out with nothing?"

Answer:

In actual fact, the 1% look a lot more like “regular folk” than most of us really realize. According to the survey:
- 67% grew up in a middle class or poorer household.
- 85% made their wealth in their lifetime.
- 76% describe themselves as “Middle Class” at heart.
- 3% is the sum total of their assets that they inherited.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
run by him.
hand is hopefully over

Actually, it wasn't Harper that changed the name - almost from the very beginning the media called it the Harper Government because they hated the fact he had actually won the election.

I have personally spoken to a few MP's and specifically asked if Harper is a control freak in running the caucus. They tell me that it's totally the opposite - he is very open to ideas and listening to what the MP's and their constituents have to say. He is perceived to be a "control freak" mostly by the media and of course we know how often they're right! But because he hears, listens and then makes decisions that maybe not everyone can agree with, he's a control freak but, believe it or not, that what a leader is SUPPOSED to do. If Mulclair or Trudeau are any kind of a leader, they would do exactly the same thing. But I trust they wouldn't be considered "control freaks".

The problem between Harper and the Media is he's not Pierre Trudeau - he's not flamboyant and exciting. They hate him so why should he bust his a$$ to appease them? I sure the hell wouldn't so I don't blame him. He has a job to do and he's doing it whether you agree with him or not.

As for the NDP in Alberta, they haven't actually done anything yet except raise taxes and believe me that's not going the right way. But, as typical as NDP if they tax, regulate and intervene in the economy as they tend to do, Alberta will go the right way - right down the tubes!! You can quote me when it happens grumps lol But then, of course, there are those who would only be too happy to see that happen. Jealousy can be a bitch!

JMHO

I heard some amazing statistics on the radio last weekend.

In Canada, there are approx. 261,000 people who make over $215,000 each year. That's 261,000 out of 35 million!! They are considered the 1%. How much can we raise taxes on these guys to pay for all that the lefties want? Chances are, most of those people own, or at the very least, operate, their own businesses.

I love the "tax system explained in beer" example - very apt and also very true. I've read it before but one needs to be reminded and try to remind the others about how the "rich" get all the breaks. It especially needs to be "shared" as much as possible as its rather simple in its explanation and maybe there'll be some "young" people out there that will actually "get it".

JMHO
I just wanted to add something - (I posted early in the a.m. so I missed a few things - oh, and I spelt Mitt wrong lol).

Of those making in excess of $215,700, they pay income tax, sales and income tax, gas tax, property tax etc. which puts them being taxed at in around the 50% level. (Incidentally, these are stat Cans #'s). So how much more do you want these guys to pay? 60%, 70%, 80% of their earnings? If you worked hard to make a decent buck, would you be willing to cough up 60 or more % of your income??

Think about it!

JMHO

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Premier Rachel Notley is firing back after Prime Minister Stephen Harper said Alberta's NDP government is a "disaster."

The comment comes just one day after Harper called an 11-week federal election campaign with a vote set for Oct. 19.

Alberta Premier Notley fires back at Prime Minister Harper | Alberta | News | Ed

Maybe Notley should hold her fire- Harper's been in the game 10 years +, she's been in it barely 10 weeks. Was it old Abraham Lincoln who said words to the effect- "you can't help the poor by taxing the rich". Maybe before she gets too horny about taxing "the rich", she should find out first what they are doing with their money. She might inadvertently be taking money away from charitable organizations or money that would be used to hire people. I think Notley has a few things to learn and just possibly Harper already has her pegged! - Harper can be an A$$hole but he might be other things too.