neighbourhood rugrat

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well thanks rev and twila...I should have known the resident pet experts would know. :p Our family dog was a golden retriever, I only heard him bark once in 12 years, and it was just one deep woof, at a racoon that was in the tree. I did notice when he was napping he would whimper l sometimes, or give a big sigh. So now we know dogs to bark in their sleep. Thanks I will pass it along :p

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Wouldn't it be weird if they WERE good at deductive reasoning? Then they'd be.....cat like.

Some dogs are able to perform a similar thing. Like when you pretend to throw a ball but don't really, they soon learn to catch on. Not all dogs mind you, but some. Terriers are good at catching on.

My doby pitty cross was really good at finding things. I'd hide them and he'd look. Course he wasn't really bright. He'd look for things simply because I told him too, not because he seen me actually hide anything. Kept him busy and out of my hair for hours on end!

He was also very protective. I'd pretend to be scared of something and he'd "attack" it. I once tried this, pointing my finger at nothing. Silly dog couldn't figure out what I was pointing at so he bit my finger! Taught me a lesson though!

(given half a chance, I will post stories about my pets, whether anybody else finds them interesting or not. See how I slid this one in?)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Well, let me tell you about what my silly cat did last week.

I caught her skipping. That's right, skipping. Like gymnists do to get on the right foot. My cat did this and then slid down the stair rail (it's not a real rail, just the side of the stairs that's flat).

My cat skips! I'm not real sure how I'm suppose to feel about this.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well I told this story before around here, but you were not around than, so I will tell you. My best friend has a dog named biscuit. Biscuit is a springer spaniel. My friend lives out in the country in Port alberni. Every year without fail biscuit leaves his home, and travels up the road a few miles to the home of a senior couple. I am telling you twila he does this every year! He spends the winter at home and the summer up the road. He just comes home to visit once in awhile over the summer. Sometimes in the summer, we will take a walk and pass the house where biscuit spends his summer laying on the front porch. Yo biscuit we call out, he lifts his head and looks and pretends he does not know us and goes back to sleep...come winter he returns home like nothing happened :lol: :lol:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
No they don't they love biscuit...in fact last night my best friend told me that she was driving to the store and who should pass? The two seniors...who was sitting between them in the truck...biscuit 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Poor Biscuit, she deserves to spend all her time with those that love her. Not just half the year.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
ehm..kind of a misunderstanding twila. Biscuit has the perfect life, he does whatever he wants, he has a wonderful home half the year and another one up the road the other half. :p There is no point telling biscuit what to do. All his life he has lived in the country and done has he pleased. I have no idea why he started spending half the year up the road, but maybe he realized they needed him to :p

If you are ever in Port Alberni, and are driving down beaver creek road, you might see a brown and white springer spaniel, he is usually with his buddy...probally going fishing :wink:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
well, my fiance is from Port Alberni. Next time he is visiting his mother I will ask him to keep an eye out for Biscuit and to make sure he has a treat for Bisquit from me.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...your fiance is from Port Alberni...well maybe I might just know his family :p Yes beaver creek road...goes by the name of biscuit :wink: Ehm ask your man if his swimming hole was papermill dam :D

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Were you at a wedding last summer in Port Alberni? I wish I could remember the name of the couple getting married. I was introduced to a bunch of individuals. Some not so individual. Some seemed like siamese twins....leaning on each other and such!

I'd describe the drunken melee, but come on...it's Port Alberni! It would be more likely to be identifiable if it had been a sober affair!

maybe I might just know his family

Yes you might. They have the highly unusual name of Smith. And there is a lot of them...lol

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
this I don't know. I'll have to ask my fiance. I'll get back to you on that.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
peapod said:
The neighbourhood rugrat is always asking me questions I cannot answer :p So from now on instead of having to spend time looking for the answer....I am gonna ask them here...This is his latest question???

How come if a beam of light is shining on the ground, it will move on the ground as you move your head and body??

"Because your Mother and Father indulged in substances that they really should not have, before you were born."

That oughtta give you time to finish the Crossword, at least.

:lol: :lol: :lol: [/u]