NDP seen as most in touch with seniors

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That is not why we have a debt. We have a debt after thirty years of Right Wing policy that has reduced government revenues and, or, misapplied those revenues to military adventures and the like while shifting the resources to that sector of society that does not need the benefits.
If all debt were paid off where would the supply of cash come from?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
That is not why we have a debt. We have a debt after thirty years of Right Wing policy that has reduced government revenues and, or, misapplied those revenues to military adventures and the like while shifting the resources to that sector of society that does not need the benefits.

The Liberals are right wing? Just how far out past left field are you?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
To start with I am officially a Senior, and I have never looked for a handout and
I work more hours than most in a week as I am a farmer and we work even when
we are not working it seems.
I am looking at the NDP not because of a free lunch as you call it but because they
seem to be talking about building a society with a better balance.
To start with the governments collected money for Employment Insurance that is
insurance and one pays a premium therefore when you collect it is not a free lunch
its getting what you paid for. CPP was a paid premium as well and now its time for
government to pay a portion back. medicare Payments are made so if you need
service you get it medical insurance. Not a free lunch.
Old age security was something that we all agreed to pay over the years and now
some want to call it a free lunch. Folks there are a lot of people who built this nation
and now that they are old it is recognition, hell even America as backward as they
are about progress recognize that.
There is no free lunch here, the problem is the governments of the past including this
on raided these funds to pay their debts and give tax breaks to companies that didn't
deserve it and now they want to cut programs or eliminate them after people paid for
service. The only people who got a free lunch are the ones in governments who raided
the funds to keep themselves in office and a myriad of companies that had you and I
pay their share of taxes so they could have tax breaks. This isn't about a free lunch
its about holding institutions accountable for their actions.
I haven't gone so far as to be a New Democrat but I am seriously leaning that way and
i am proud to say I earned everything in life I have. Free lunch on these issues? Don't
even go there you are becoming Harper parrots or trained talking Seals. yes this
morning I am a cranky old bugger, the trees are wet and I can't thin apples.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Actually this was a more serious look at the poll trending. The last few polls
show something is happening the Tories are losing touch and it presents a
problem for them if it continues. One poll so what, two polls what? A third
and bleeding in some of your core support? That becomes cause for concern.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
taxslave yes the Liberals are right wing they are the other half
of tweedledee and Tweedledum

I don't see much difference between the two parties either but neither are particularly right wing. Unless you are way out in left field or beyond. Right wing would be like the christian heritage party or the republicans in the US. Even Harper barely makes it as far right as the Dems.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Yep, Left Wing policy certainly does make for increased government revenues......................right out of the taxpayers' pockets and straight into the trough! :lol:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
There is no difference between the Liberals and Conservatives on core issues
the New Democrats are not that far left anymore either for that matter. They
used to be much further left and some NDP Governments were actually quite
right wing on monetary issues. Want an example, Manitoba is a prime one.
They are doing well and have survived a number of elections.
There is also some truth to the statement in Canada we are all lefties as the
Conservatives in Canada would be considered left in the USA. Even Obama
is not a lefty really he just wears the label.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Some NDP. The ones in BC are reallllly far out in left field and some want to go even farther. Manitoba NDP seem to have a fair grip on reality.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

There is no reason why they can't be, money is not REALLY a political issue you can use it wisely or you can use it foolishly. The problem arises when you try to please too many or the wrong people. N.D.P. just has a problem of being a sucker for sob stories.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Tories, NDP battling for small business, survey suggests - Politics - CBC News
Small gap for small business
But the numbers also suggest strength for the NDP when respondents were asked about the needs of small business.

The Conservatives were seen as the most sensitive to this group by 22.8 per cent of respondents, but the NDP weren't far behind, at 19.7 per cent. The Liberals trailed at 14.3 per cent, while 11.9 of respondents chose "none" and 26.1 per cent were unsure.

"You would have thought the Conservatives would be doing very well amongst small businesses, but they only have a three-point advantage over the NDP, which has to be a disappointment," Nanos said, adding that in Quebec, the NDP actually leads the Conservatives in this category.

"This is a very critical part of the Conservative coalition — small businesses, entrepreneurs, people that are concerned about taxes and government spending.

"That's too low [a number] in terms of [the Conservatives] forming that winning coalition. You have to think of a core constituency: They have to have a lock on small businesses in order to form a majority government," Nanos said.

"All these initiatives — EI, pensions, stuff like that — could be a distraction from the core brand of the Conservatives, which usually has to do with jobs, prosperity, making money in the future."

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
OAS fumble? The embarassing notion that some Canadians believe you can jack off the dog to feed the cat without the dog noticing?