Mysterious priest performs miracle at site of Mercedes crash

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I do believe that there are people or beings that appear just when we need them, they (the rescuers and the woman) were frustrated and losing hope. The appearance of this man just when needed to calm and inspire them was amazing. I am glad for her that he helped.
Yeah. The people in the crash and the 1st responders were probably not the only people driving on the road.
If it was to be a real miracle, why didn't the priest just wave a stick and part the steering column/wheel away from her torso, kinda like Moses and his stick?
There are quite a few ways of getting into a damaged car. The portapower and it's attachments (what drama queens like to call "jaws of life", which is actually only one of the attachments to the tool) were my fave tools. Not much can withstand 20+ tons of push.

From the article. . .

The Hannibal Fire Department showed up right after that prayer with fresh equipment and was able to finish the extrication. After getting Katie safely into the Air Evac helicopter, at least a dozen of the rescue workers turned around to thank the priest who was no where in sight. The highway had been blocked for a quarter of a mile during the hour and a half rescue, leaving no bystanders and no parked cars nearby. Lentz' family and friends are amazed by the story.
So the highway is the only way to get to the highway? Interesting.
"Where did this guy come from?" Lentz's friend Travis Wiseman asked. "We're looking for the priest and so far, no one has seen him. Whether it was a priest as an angel or an actual angel, he was an angel to all those and to Katie."
"We would like to find this gentleman and be able to thank him," Reed said. "As a first responder, you don't know what you're going to run into. We have a lot of tools, and we have intensive training. In this particular case, it is my feeling that it was nothing more than sheer faith and nothing short of a miracle."

Two witnesses have described the priest to KHQA. Click here for description.
Katie has undergone surgeries to repair several broken bones. She is scheduled for more surgeries in the coming weeks, but friends and family say her spirit has not wavered.
"Both of her legs are very damaged," Lentz's friend Amanda Wiseman said. "Her wrist is broken, several broken ribs, so she's had a lot of broken bones to deal with."

OK, so the angel came, comforted the victim, and couldn't be bothered to heal her broken bones?

Gee, thanks, angel!
Yeah, huh? Where's the sense in that? "ok, I'll make her feel better free her from the car so she can maybe die in the hospital".
Anyway, yeah, people can call it a miracle, I'll simply call it possibly inexplicable.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Yeah. The people in the crash and the 1st responders were probably not the only people driving on the road.
If it was to be a real miracle, why didn't the priest just wave a stick and part the steering column/wheel away from her torso, kinda like Moses and his stick?
There are quite a few ways of getting into a damaged car. The portapower and it's attachments (what drama queens like to call "jaws of life", which is actually only one of the attachments to the tool) were my fave tools. Not much can withstand 20+ tons of push.

So the highway is the only way to get to the highway? Interesting.Yeah, huh? Where's the sense in that? "ok, I'll make her feel better free her from the car so she can maybe die in the hospital".
Anyway, yeah, people can call it a miracle, I'll simply call it possibly inexplicable.
Yeah people turn up...back in the day I remember a huge storm moving in, I was tardy leaving the school and it was bad, really bad by the time I left. I was walking home and the wind was whipping me and I was tiny at 105 lbs. I was really struggling along, it was icy. I was the only one on the street. Got to my corner and the wind gusted and bang I was out on the road and sliding and a car was coming. I had no control. Some guy came out of nowhere, yanked me back onto the side walk and then vanished into the storm. I have no idea who he was, but I was grateful...he was there when I needed him to be. I try to pay that forward and be that angel whenever I have the opportunity.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Scuse me, but it was just too funny.
Some folks need to grow skins, too.

Circumcise reversals are best left until after the injuries heal....

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
possibly inexplicable.

Not in the handbook for Guardian Angels.:smile:
Moses was not a Guardian Angel.:smile:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
roflmao Do you still have ogres n beanstalks that grow up to cloud giants' castles n stuff over there?

Just because I'm a Christian and I believe in angels and miracles doesn't mean you have to take the mick out of me or my faith.

Five days on, the identity of the guardian angel priest of Missouri's Highway 19 remains as mysterious as his appearance on the roadside was miraculous. Friends and family of Katie Lentz, (bottom right) along with rescue workers still have not had the chance to thank the unidentified man whose prayers they credit with bestowing a supernatural calm as EMTs battled to cut the Illinois teen from her mangled car wreck. Speculation online has grown that one of the Catholic Church's most beloved figures, Padre Pio (top left) could have been responsible, as a composite image (bottom left) of a balding man thought to be the priest is released.

Was the angel of Highway 19 the saint Padre Pio? Catholics suggest that the priest who's been dead for 35 years appeared at crash scene to bless and save life of teen victim | Mail Online

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
By the way, what was the "miracle" here? He calmed some people down. That's not a miracle. Magicking the woman out of the car or healing her injuries, now that'd be a miracle.

Just because I'm a Christian and I believe in angels and miracles doesn't mean you have to take the mick out of me or my faith.

Why not? Don't you laugh at people who believe in fairy tales?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
By the way, what was the "miracle" here? He calmed some people down. That's not a miracle. Magicking the woman out of the car or healing her injuries, now that'd be a miracle.

I never said it was a miracle. But I believe that miracles do happen. And I believe that in this case there was divine intervention.

I'm not believing in fairytales. I'm believing in angels and good spirits and the love that God has for everyone. These are real, not fairytales.

Of course, it's only Christians who get singled out for abuse by the atheist types. Muslims and Hindus and all the rest are allowed their beliefs, it's just Christians who aren't.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard

Calm down, T-Bones. Too many swipes indicate that you are beginning to 'atheist preach'. Widespread belief simply is what it is, and what man does not hope that God still calls his name?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I never said it was a miracle. But I believe that miracles do happen. And I believe that in this case there was divine intervention.

I'm not believing in fairytales. I'm believing in angels and good spirits and the love that God has for everyone. These are real, not fairytales.

Of course, it's only Christians who get singled out for abuse by the atheist types. Muslims and Hindus and all the rest are allowed their beliefs, it's just Christians who aren't.
Poor you. You're so oppressed.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Miracle? Consisting of a few words to calm the lady down? A miracle that the firefighters used a different method? lol Must be a miracle that allows anyone to live after a crash, huh. WTF are firefighters needed for, just send a priest. Did he heal her injuries, too? And he appeared out of nowhere? Now that would be interesting indeed.
Anyway, I'm happy she was freed an hope she'll be ok.

Apparently he did!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, we figure you Christians have the Muslim abuse covered.

Just read this board if you don't think so.