Muslims face negative perception in Canada, study suggests

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Negative perception???

Surely not of this gentleman:

An Egyptian Islamic scholar with a degree in Christian-Muslim relations has been appointed imam and spiritual leader of the Ottawa Mosque, home to the city’s largest Muslim community.
Samy Metwally, who was a visiting Fulbright scholar at the Hartford Seminary two years ago, took up his job last week with a commitment to advance the cause of moderate Islam, help Ottawa Muslims contribute more to the wider society, and enhance multi-faith co-operation.
“I have a mission of building bridges, helping the Muslim community to know the moderate approach of Islam and coexist with the wider community like we have here in Canada,” Metwally said in Citizen interview Friday.

Read more: Ottawa Mosque chooses new imam

Yep, a real sweetheart, a follower of the great Yusuf al Qaradaw. He translated his speeches, and was an editor at his website, IslamOnLine.

Let's have a look at the moderate's mentor.....

Al Qaradawi praising Hitler's antisemitism - YouTube

Uh-huh.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I dont see how muslims could have a bad reputation in Canada. People get all crazy when you mention them the Muslims and Airplanes and i dont see why, anymore at least.. But if you ever go to Pearson or Vancouver International Airport brown people(which im sure alot of which are muslims or sihks misidentified as muslims) are everywhere in the airport and the planes/people they work to maintain havent been hijacked or blown up.....

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Aren't the Muslims in Canada Canadians? Do they have a negative opinion of themselves?
I am not a Muslim, but I am a Canadian. I don't have a negative opinion of Muslim Canadians.
My neighbours are Canadians, and they don't..

Hey, which Canadians have negative opinions of Muslims?

Last edited:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Aren't the Muslims in Canada Canadians? Do they have a negative opinion of themselves.
I am not a Muslim, but I am a Canadian. I don't have a negative opinion of Muslim Canadians.
My neighbours are Canadians, and they don't..

Hey, which Canadians have negative opinions of Muslims?

I believe the study has flaws - Canadians have a a negative impression - that could relate to Pakistan - Saudi - Iran - what questions were asked - methodology etc.

A Muslim friend of mine told me he encountered more racist behaviors from new Canadians not us types who have been here for a while. Interesting point he made.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
However, Goober, I have witnessed negative reactions in Canada to:
Chinese, Mormons, Catholics, Inuit, Metis, Jews, Arabs, First Nations, Jehovah Witnesses, Poles, Germans, Austrians, Hungarians, Hutterites, Japanese, Filipinos, Russians, Francophones, French, English Canadians, Pakistanis, Quebecois, Indians, Vietnanese, Sikhs, Doukhobors, Mexicans, West Indians, Blacks, Browns, Non-Pinks, Swedes, Irish, Ukranians, the military, RCMP, Albertans, Saskatchewanians, Icelanders, Maritimers, Newfoundlanders, and Meter Maids.
This list is not exhaustive as my memory is not quite what it used to be.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
However, Goober, I have witnessed negative reactions in Canada to:
Chinese, Mormons, Catholics, Inuit, Metis, Jews, Arabs, First Nations, Jehovah Witnesses, Poles, Germans, Austrians, Hungarians, Hutterites, Japanese, Filipinos, Russians, Francophones, French, English Canadians, Pakistanis, Quebecois, Indians, Vietnanese, Sikhs, Doukhobors, Mexicans, West Indians, Blacks, Browns, Non-Pinks, Swedes, Irish, Ukranians, the military, RCMP, Albertans, Saskatchewanians, Icelanders, Maritimers, Newfoundlanders, and Meter Maids.
This list is not exhaustive as my memory is not quite what it used to be.

True enough - I will save a copy of this and add to it. I would add people that imbibe a tad now and again are also singled or in the case of hard liquors, doubled up on by some that find this brew offensive. Ah the lack of a freaking wild youth has affected so many. Closed their minds it has. Sad but true.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Negative perception???

Gee, I wonder why??????

At the beginning of 2011, Oslo had the largest population of immigrants and Norwegian-born to immigrant parents, both in relative and absolute figures. Of Oslo’s 599 200 inhabitants, 170 200 were immigrants or Norwegian-born to immigrant parents, which is 28.4 per cent of the capital’s entire population. The largest groups are persons with backgrounds from Pakistan (21 600), Somalia (12 200), Sweden (12 100) and Poland (10 400). All suburbs in Oslo were above the national average of 12.2 per cent. The suburbs with the highest proportions of immigrants and Norwegian-born to immigrant parents are Søndre Nordstrand (48 per cent), Stovner and Alna (46 per cent).
Now, with that firmly in mind:

SHOCK REPORT: EVERY RAPE in Oslo, Norway in Past 5 Years Was By Non-Western Foreigner (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

They won't say it, but I will......

EVERY rape in the last five years in Oslo was committed by a....(wait for it!) MUSLIM.

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2011/11/14/two-more-weekend-rapes-in-oslo/

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/10/28/oslos-epidemic-of-rape/

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
EVERY rape in the last five years in Oslo was committed by a....(wait for it!) MUSLIM.