Multiculturalism, Fake, and Dead

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
The FLQ was a homegrown ethnic terrorist organization active prior to the 21st century.

The FLQ was entirely a homegrown terrorist group and aimed at a domestic audience, they had no influence or goals outside Canada. Ever notice how the FLQ, the IRA and the Red Brigades from Italy, never launched an attack outside Canada, Britain/Ireland or Italy. That is because, as loonie as they were, they had political goals. They could be politically defeated and were.

These groups were not an example of international terrorism like al-qaeda is. Al-qaeda is a problem because they are fighting a war against modernity and will eventually lose but may kill a number of Canadians before they fail. We are letting people into Canada who have ideological bases in countries that are failed states-Afghanistand and Pakistan for example, which we can do little about.

So, in conclusion, I'm not in favour of our open door policy for immigration any longer. We are letting far too many people into Canada that hate us and want to do something about it. Some are willing to continue this risk, not me.

Canada had had diversity and multiculturalism for a hundred years, it's no new thing here.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The FLQ was entirely a homegrown terrorist group and aimed at a domestic audience, they had no influence or goals outside Canada. Ever notice how the FLQ, the IRA and the Red Brigades from Italy, never launched an attack outside Canada, Britain/Ireland or Italy. That is because, as loonie as they were, they had political goals. They could be politically defeated and were.

These groups were not an example of international terrorism like al-qaeda is. Al-qaeda is a problem because they are fighting a war against modernity and will eventually lose but may kill a number of Canadians before they fail. We are letting people into Canada who have ideological bases in countries that are failed states-Afghanistand and Pakistan for example, which we can do little about.

So, in conclusion, I'm not in favour of our open door policy for immigration any longer. We are letting far too many people into Canada that hate us and want to do something about it. Some are willing to continue this risk, not me.

Canada had had diversity and multiculturalism for a hundred years, it's no new thing here.
You leanred something new from me today I see. It's only terrorism if it's international terrorism like "the manual" says in the case notes I linked?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Size matters, the thought of having a Toronto 18, a homegrown group of ethnic terrorists, prior to the 21st century was impossible. Couldn't happen here. We are just so nice. Humanitarianism and peacekeeping, are out middle names.

bla bla bla bla..

Try not to take everything so personally, there's a bigger picture out there.
Do you enjoy pissing up a rope?

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Nope, but the FLQ is an example of a homegrown ethnic terrorist group in Canada prior to the 21st century. You said that was impossible.

I never said homegrown terrorism was impossible, how could I? We had the FLQ.

No. What I said was that our elites thought it was impossible that immigrants would create a terrorist group within Canada and attack Canada. They were wrong because now we have the Toronto 18. The Toronto 18 is a homegrown terrorist group with foreign links. They were international terrorists operating in Canada.

With the FLQ they had no intention and did not attack any target outside Canada because that did not further their political goal. They only attacked federalist targets. And their political goal was actually quite clear, they wanted an independent Quebec. The FLQ were not internatioanal terrorists like al-qaeda are.

Do you enjoy pissing up a rope?

But you enjoy being a dope.

You should be banned from the thread if you can't contribute to the discussion. I vote to ban you.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I never said homegrown terrorism was impossible, how could I? We had the FLQ.

No. What I said was that our elites thought it was impossible that immigrants would create a terrorist group within Canada and attack Canada.

Oh, by homegrown you meant born in another country and moved to Canada. See, I thought that by homegrown you meant homegrown.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
So, in conclusion, I'm not in favour of our open door policy for immigration any longer. We are letting far too many people into Canada that hate us and want to do something about it.

Nonsense. Canada does not have an open door policy. There is a back log of people waiting to immigrate to Canada.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The FLQ was a homegrown ethnic terrorist organization active prior to the 21st century.

And dumpthemonarchy thinks there's a cheeseburger conspiracy.

There is a cheese burger conspiracy. Ever try to get a burger with no wheat, yeast or cow cheese? Nowhere can you find a fast food joint that has non wheat buns with goat cheese.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
And me from this thread. I feel so honoured. I think I'll celebrate with a nice serving of poutine. That will be my contribution to multiculturalism for the day.

You mean the good people of Nakusp would even allow poutine to get into town? :lol:

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Nonsense. Canada does not have an open door policy. There is a back log of people waiting to immigrate to Canada.

More like a wide open immigration policy. There's a backlog? So what, huge numbers are applying.

This coming from someone who wants to 'dump the monarchy'.

There are many who feel the royal family are foreigners. Many call them German. I saw on a show on TV where a man said Charles doesn't sound like anyone. And they don't have to work, that's kinda foreign to me.

Our immigration system is skewed against Europeans when millions could come here and do well. The media says they don't want to come here, wrong.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Which amounts to an "open door policy"....................there's so many at the door that a back log is created.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Oh, by homegrown you meant born in another country and moved to Canada. See, I thought that by homegrown you meant homegrown.

The Toronto 18 were born in Canada and used an international agenda to justify terrorist attacks against the country. A sign assimilation is not occurring like it used to. Now people can travel back home-which they never did prior to WW2, and keep the old country's culture alive longer. Plus all the media they can get from the internet etc to keep the old country alive in their "community."

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
...our elites thought it was impossible that immigrants would create a terrorist group within Canada and attack Canada. They were wrong because now we have the Toronto 18. The Toronto 18 is a homegrown terrorist group with foreign links. They were international terrorists operating in Canada...
I guess elites would be the root cause of the immigrant/multiculturalism problem. Maybe someone should do something about those elites who support immigration and multiculturalism? Some nutjob in Norway tried to do just that recently to solve the same perceived problem. It was all over the news last week. He killed about 80 people in Oslo. ...just saying...

Maybe you should re-evaluate your perceptions. Irrational hatred can lead to violence.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Consider me a reaction to the blase attutude so many people have toward immigration. The what me, worry? idea. I think they have their head in the sand and immigration needs to be reduced drastically for the betterment of the country. Immigration is good, but we have too much of it at present.

The guy is Norway is a thorough nut. And Norway have very little immigration too so he is very crazy. I met a Norwegian woman a few years back and she just told me, that when Norwegians meet, in Norway, they often talk to find out the common people they know. I've not noticed that here. But being a small country with a small population they can do it. It shows to me how close people are thiere in their culture.

However, having lived in Asia, I've met people who intensely hate non-citizens with an intensity I've not noticed here. But Norway may be getting this feeling in some people.