MP Maxime Bernier quits 'morally corrupt' Conservatives, plans to start new party

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Bernier is a total racist.

This is the same old problem with right wingers in this country - the racists in Quebec simply cannot get along with the racists in the rest of Canada. They hate each other too much.

ROFLMFAO. Again Fukk your stupid. Bernier is not a racist any more than I am. Just because someone cares about our country does not make him a racist. Immigration needs to be orderly and controlled and only people that have education or skills we require should be allowed in. Retarded globalist like TrudOWE that want to destroy our country are traitors and should be treated as such.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
How do we determine whether or not they are refugees until they have have had a chance to have their cases heard? Canada is relatively civilized and is not going to let them starve while they wait.

As long as their cases are heard before they step foot on Canadian soil. The government has lost track of thousands of so called refugees, many that should not be permitted to enter the country.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
So you prefer to vote for the dairy cartel and corporate welfare? No wonder we're all tax slaves. It's because of voters like you who vote based on a person's accent.

Nope I am against supply side management for dairy chickens and telecommunications services. And corporate welfare for the entire province of Quebec. Bombardiers only reason to exist is to distribute welfare to machinists in Quebec who couldn't get a job elsewhere.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Nope I am against supply side management for dairy chickens and telecommunications services. And corporate welfare for the entire province of Quebec. Bombardiers only reason to exist is to distribute welfare to machinists in Quebec who couldn't get a job elsewhere.

Right, and Bernier has spoken out against these more forcefully than Scheer has. So by your own standards, you should be supporting Bernier over Scheer, yet you'll support Scheer because you don't like Bernier's English accent.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Hey, Chrétien got elected three times without that being a problem.

Yep, he once said "I always put the em PHASSIS on the wrong syl LABBLA". I liked Chretien, excellent politician, Prime Minister - not so good. Lot of moxie!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bernier-statement-conserative-1.4795894

I think Bernier has potential. Most people in most riding suffer from supply-management.

On the matter of immigration, Bernier never said he was anti-immigration per se. I think he goes too far on the culture front, but as long as he can limit himself to the economics of immigration, making it easy for people to come to Canada to work but not to collect social assistance, he might even get some leftists on his side.

I don't agree with everything Bernier has said, but I do like some of his ideas that only he among politicians is speaking out on.
I would be tempted to look for a candidate that eliminated the bribes and back-door meetings by putting the final decision back into the hands of to voters. Independents would run on their 'resume' so the 'leader worked with the members that got voted into their duty in the Govt. ie an accountant runs for finance and an engineer does roads and bridges.
I also don't think we need Provincial and Federal Governments as we are duplicating the same services when one would be able to handle it all, Sovereign Provinces or a Federal Govt. Only independents could suggest that sort of move that would see the suggestion being implemented. The task then is to get politics into being part of everyday conversation so referendum voters have the facts so they are making an informed decision when they vote. Include a gift-card or a pension increase option to get people to vote (from their phone)

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Maybe, but his positions on free trade and the dairy cartel are bound to win over some votes. Do you enjoy paying more for your milk?

They won't win him any votes in Quebec, which is a major supplier of dairy products ... one hell of a lot of cheese is made there. Dropping dairy marketing management might get him run out of Quebec on a rail.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
the bloc quebecois ii?

He'll never convince any Quebecers that he's a separatist, at this point in his career ... if any of them are even still interested in independence.

Actually, Brexit is a good teaching example for separatists. I think that most Brits regret it already but it hasn't even happened, yet.

No, Bernier will likely lead "the party of the first part" and essentially live as an independent until the voters turf him out.

All Maxim wants is true Conservative core values

Not electable ...

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
ROFLMFAO. Again Fukk your stupid. Bernier is not a racist any more than I am. Just because someone cares about our country does not make him a racist. Immigration needs to be orderly and controlled and only people that have education or skills we require should be allowed in. Retarded globalist like TrudOWE that want to destroy our country are traitors and should be treated as such.

Oh for sure.

You should tell all your friends to support him.