MP files complaint with CBC over article on Canada's mass shooters

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Yeah...that's what I thought. You got nothing.

I don't know you very well yet, but I brush off people not worth my time. So far your replies to me have been you jumping to wild conclusions, insisting on feeling persecuted and trying to insult me. I don't see this going on anywhere productive. You'll just try to misunderstand me again and twist everything to make yourself the victim. You're new to me, but I know you're kind and I'm not interested. If you want to understand what I said, find a conservative I respect (they do exist here) and get them to ask me.

Here is the Catch-22 of the debate over religious violence;

If you walk into a Mosque, and start shooting innocent people at prayer, then you have violated the most basic principles of Christianity, and can not be Christian in the truest sense of the word.

If you walk into a gay bar, and start shooting innocent people at play, you are following the basic principles of Islam, and may well be a Muslim, in the truest sense of the word.

Like it or not, there it is in a nutshell.

The basic principles of Christianity and Islam are under dispute. Go ahead and tell us what you think, but I don't think you're going to resolve thousands of years of theology.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
I don't know you very well yet, but I brush off people not worth my time. So far your replies to me have been you jumping to wild conclusions, insisting on feeling persecuted and trying to insult me. I don't see this going on anywhere productive. You'll just try to misunderstand me again and twist everything to make yourself the victim. You're new to me, but I know you're kind and I'm not interested. If you want to understand what I said, find a conservative I respect (they do exist here) and get them to ask me.
Lol...you're kidding right? The only conclusion I've jumped to thus far is that you are incapable of supporting your argument, and instead, claim persecution of your self. I asked for clarification of your argument no less than 4 separate times and you were unable to. Don't worry, I am in complete agreement that if you are unwilling or unable to support your side of the argument or even offer simple clarification when requested if you feel something you said was misrepresented, we have nothing to discuss.

You've been dishonest from the beginning of this discussion, you've wasted both our time.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
There you go again...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrOObczCkE4

And here he comes next, folks since he needs to have the last word with a sniff sniffity!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I
The basic principles of Christianity and Islam are under dispute. Go ahead and tell us what you think, but I don't think you're going to resolve thousands of years of theology.

Oh well, neither do I.

If I did, I should be up for one of them halo things........

And if that doesn't scare you, nothing will.

:)

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I think not. Before joining the service, I was enrolled in RTA at Conestoga College in Kitchener. One of the tenets of news reporting was stick to the facts.

This has changed since the 1970s. I do not know what the upgraded BRT program teaches these days. It's probably worth a short email to ask.

I got in touch with Paul Scott. He's the program coordinator at Conestoga College's Broadcast Radio faculty. I asked him,

"In the 1970s, there were precious few news people allowed to render an ‘on air’ opinion of any news event. Back then, new arrivals to the news department were expressly warned off injecting their opinions into a news piece. Has this changed? Has this become acceptable?"

This was his response to my question:

"Nothing has changed re news policy, since your Parkhill days at Conestoga.

Accuracy and sticking to the facts is the premise we preach. Our role is to inform and serve the listener. Not to lend an opinion.

Editorializing does happen in our industry, but generally speaking, only senior broadcasts journalists are given the opportunity to do so.

Best regards,

Paul

Paul D. Scott
Program Coordinator
Broadcast Radio
Faculty, School of Media & Design
Conestoga College, Doon Campus"
---

So, at one school at least, they are still teaching young news people to stick to the facts.

There have always been weekly news commentary shows, but on the US networks at least, they are nightly. Some of these panelists aren't qualified to render an informed opinion, at least, when they are introduced at the beginning of the show. It is always up to management to ensure the best face is put forward on air. It was embarrassingly clear during the last election that many of the tube's broadcasters had lost their objectivity. I wonder how many had their hands slapped for reporting more than just the facts?

I contacted the college because I have been out of that field for many years. I am glad to hear that the schools are still teaching to report only the facts. It's after students leave school that things start to change.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Not only was he a Christian he was inspired by the freak show south of
our border, There are those who are critical of CBC so be it but they do
report more than one side. Sun News is more right wing and paints a
different picture. The fact remains this guy is a white Christian and was
inspired by the stuff spewed by Mr Trump and his minions

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Not only was he a Christian he was inspired by the freak show south of
our border, There are those who are critical of CBC so be it but they do
report more than one side. Sun News is more right wing and paints a
different picture. The fact remains this guy is a white Christian and was
inspired by the stuff spewed by Mr Trump and his minions

Him being a Christian has nothing to do with it, he doesnt represent Christianity.

Im being sarcastic, lol

Last edited: