MP files complaint with CBC over article on Canada's mass shooters

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
It's wrong.
So why do you frame this as a Conservative MP who "Suddenly cares about commentators giving inflammatory and uninformed opinions about a religious group?" Can you provide information about this MP's previous acts or support of outward inflammatory bigotry, or are you just assuming that since he's a conservative he must be a bigot? Would this not make you a bigot as well if that's the case, something you admit is wrong?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Trudeau was pretty quick to call the shooting at the QC mosque an act of terrorism. Now, I'm not saying it wasn't but here's a partial transcript of Trudeau taking about the Boston bombings;
First thing, you offer support and sympathy and condolences and, you know, can we send down, you know, EMTs or, I mean, as we contributed after 9/11? I mean, is there any material immediate support we have we can offer? And then at the same time, you know, over the coming days, we have to look at the root causes. Now we don't know now whether it was, you know, terrorism or a single crazy or, you know, a domestic issue or a foreign issue, I mean, all of those questions. But there is no question that this happened because there is someone who feels completely excluded, completely at war with innocents, at war with a society. And our approach has to be, okay, where do those tensions come from? I mean, yes, we need to make sure that we're promoting security and we're, you know, keeping our borders safe and, you know, monitoring the kinds of, you know, violent subgroups that happen around. But we also have to monitor and encourage people to not point fingers at each other and lay blame for personal ills or societal ills on a specific group, whether it be the West or the government or Bostonians or whatever it is, because it's that idea of dividing humans against ourselves, of pointing out that they're not like us and, you know, in order to achieve our political goals we can kill innocents here. That's something that no society in the world that is healthy, regardless of ideology, will accept.

Funny how you can be a Muslim, plant some bombs, kill 3 people and seriously maim and injure another 170 but we can't be too quick to judge it as terrorism. But if you're White guy who kills 6 people at a Mosque, well it's a clear cut case of terrorism.
Terrorism is terrorism, call it what it is. I'm getting real sick and tired of these Muslim loving apologists in the West who are too chicken sh*t to call Islamic terrorism Islamic terrorism.
I also notice one of the CBC bobble heads decided to imply that the Mosque killings were a result of Christian terrorism.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Trudeau was pretty quick to call the shooting at the QC mosque an act of terrorism. Now, I'm not saying it wasn't but here's a partial transcript of Trudeau taking about the Boston bombings;

Funny how you can be a Muslim, plant some bombs, kill 3 people and seriously maim and injure another 170 but we can't be too quick to judge it as terrorism. But if you're White guy who kills 6 people at a Mosque, well it's a clear cut case of terrorism.
Terrorism is terrorism, call it what it is. I'm getting real sick and tired of these Muslim loving apologists in the West who are too chicken sh*t to call Islamic terrorism Islamic terrorism.
I also notice one of the CBC bobble heads decided to imply that the Mosque killings were a result of Christian terrorism.

This....

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
So why do you frame this as a Conservative MP who "Suddenly cares about commentators giving inflammatory and uninformed opinions about a religious group?"

Because it is.

Can you provide information about this MP's previous acts or support of outward inflammatory bigotry,

Why would I? I never said he has, nor did I imply it.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Yet it seems you judge ethical and moral standard by one's political leaning. Interesting.

Politics are your beliefs put into action. I have no problem with anybody's political leanings. I have issues with the beliefs that drive them.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Why would I? I never said he has, nor did I imply it.
Stating that " suddenly this MP cares" implies that he has changed his position on religious bigotry. I'm simply asking for you to support your claim. Can you?

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Politics are your beliefs put into action. I have no problem with anybody's political leanings. I have issues with the beliefs that drive them.
Your assumptions on what you think a person believes is of no consequence to the truth. Your perception may simply be flawed. It's actually quite arrogant to suggest that you know a person's motivations better that they do themselves.

Prejudging someone based on their beliefs is the exact thing you claim to be against. Hate to break it to you, but that's hypocrisy.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Your assumptions on what you think a person believes is of no consequence to the truth. Your perception may simply be flawed. It's actually quite arrogant to suggest that you know a person's motivations better that they do themselves.

Prejudging someone based on their beliefs is the exact thing you claim to be against. Hate to break it to you, but that's hypocrisy.

This a web forum sparky. If you can't figure out somebody's belief after months of discussion, you'd have to be a simpleton.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Stating that " suddenly this MP cares" implies that he has changed his position on religious bigotry. I'm simply asking for you to support your claim. Can you?

I'm sorry that you're confused. I never said he changed his position either. That's a more reasonable interpretation of what I said than your previous accusation, but it's still wrong.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
I'm sorry that you're confused. I never said he changed his position either. That's a more reasonable interpretation of what I said than your previous accusation, but it's still wrong.
Are you disagreeing that saying "suddenly he cares" implies a change from a previous position of uncaring? Is your ignorance intentional?

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
This a web forum sparky. If you can't figure out somebody's belief after months of discussion, you'd have to be a simpleton.
...Says the hypocritical sniffly snufleupagus.

Like I said, it's a more reasonable interpretation of what I said, but it's wrong.
So what do you mean then? I'm asking for your clarification...enlighten me genius.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Here is the Catch-22 of the debate over religious violence;

If you walk into a Mosque, and start shooting innocent people at prayer, then you have violated the most basic principles of Christianity, and can not be Christian in the truest sense of the word.

If you walk into a gay bar, and start shooting innocent people at play, you are following the basic principles of Islam, and may well be a Muslim, in the truest sense of the word.

Like it or not, there it is in a nutshell.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Here is the Catch-22 of the debate over religious violence;

If you walk into a Mosque, and start shooting innocent people at prayer, then you have violated the most basic principles of Christianity, and can not be Christian in the truest sense of the word.

If you walk into a gay bar, and start shooting innocent people at play, you are following the basic principles of Islam, and may well be a Muslim, in the truest sense of the word.

Like it or not, there it is in a nutshell.

Apparently you haven't been reading the posts of certain homophobic Christians

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Christians are taught to turn the other cheek (although not many do it)

Followers of Mohamed are taught to pull the pin.......on the detonator....