Moral men and women will deny women equal rights.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Obviously we have to use discretion when applying equality.

No we don't. We have to apply discretion to day to day life issues, but choosing one person over another at any given moment doesn't mean we did so due to a lack of equality.

Equality between my husband and I says that my opinion matters as much as his, that we share our space and our lives as partners. That's the broad sense of equality. But the fact that HIS opinion, and his right to rule the space, rules supreme in the garage, does not negate that we are equals. It merely means that in that time and place, his personal skill set trumps mine. The opposite applies to the kitchen. We aren't inequal.

Just like him giving me a life boat would not make us unequal, because I nurture and protect his offspring. It also would not make me less than equal to work myself off my feet nursing my family if we were to all contract a horrible virus, because that's the sort or way I sacrifice for my family.

Equality means that between him and I, we are free to develop, assess, and apply our skill sets as suits us, in each scenario and facet of life, as we see fit.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
lol I know. I just meant that like in the sinking boat hypothesis, we usually choose to make allowances in equality, so we'd let those least likely to survive a long period in cold water (the kids) have the first crack at the lifeboats.
Just semantics.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
FP - Some men are born earlier than they should - Some later - as they do not fit into that generation or even century.

I think you were born about 100,000 years to late.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
karrie,

we don't live on a sinking ship.

The old maritime law of "women and children first" no longer applies. Having said that, I'll gladly relinquish my life jacket if it will spare the life of a child since I'm a rather old man. As for relinquishing it for a woman, if I like her I will do so as well. :)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The old maritime law of "women and children first" no longer applies. Having said that, I'll gladly relinquish my life jacket if it will spare the life of a child since I'm a rather old man. As for relinquishing it for a woman, if I like her I will do so as well. :)

And see, it would make more sense for me to give hubby and my kids the seat/vests, and he probably wouldn't even argue. I float like nobody's business. Hubby is made of lead I swear to god. I'd have the best survival chance 'out of boat'.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I never understood why anybody would want to be equal to "white" men. Why would anybody want to lower their standards?. The equality junkies should give their collective heads a shake.

Last edited:

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
While there is a certain truth in your premise that men are stronger and thus the natural protectors, that only applies in a world where survival is based in physical strength. Our world no longer operates in that fashion. Currently, denying men equality and making them subservient to women would serve only to further strip men of their usefulness and aggrevate and already skyrocketing stress levels in males, who have all the testosterone of days long past, and nowhere to express it.

Much more logical would be that all people be treated equally, and the life choices of each individual be respected.

Apparently the author forgot that in terms of intellect men and women are pretty much equal. But of course in the society envisioned in the article brains don't really matter very much.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I never understood why anybody would want to be equal to "white" men. Its like wanting to be a termite or a slug. The equality junkies should give their collective heads a shake.

I take serious offense to that notion.

When my husband takes his uncle's hand, and they hug, they are just men. His uncle is no better than him. He is not better than his uncle. The fact that they have different backgrounds and skin colours is irrelevant, they are family. They're equal.

Equality isn't about conformity.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I never understood why anybody would want to be equal to "white" men. Why would anybody want to lower their standards?. The equality junkies should give their collective heads a shake.

Aren't men of all colours equal? I don't see how colour affects the quality of a man.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Aren't men of all colours equal? I don't see how colour affects the quality of a man.
In the sixties I jumped on every equality bandwagon that came by: the black freedom movement, women's lib, equality for native Americans, Gay pride, etc. Then one day I asked myself, "who or what were they all wanting to equal to?"

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
In the sixties I jumped on every equality bandwagon that came by: the black freedom movement, women's lib, equality for native Americans, Gay pride, etc. Then one day I asked myself, "who or what were they all wanting to (be) equal to?"

You got that right, Cliff! "Equal" is greatly overused, we are all different so how the hell can we be equal? Men and women are NOT equal, they each have their strengths and weaknesses.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Equality means that we are free to develop, assess, and apply our skill sets as suits us, in each scenario and facet of life, as we see fit. It isn't about conformity, it's about freedom to follow our path, with our skills and abilities being the deciding factor, rather than our skin colour or our gender.

Our differences don't make any one of us better than the other.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
There doesn't need to be sanctity to our system. Our system is not based in religion.

As for equality on a sinking ship, we don't live on a sinking ship. We live in a world where the main things that kill us are stress and old age. When talking about how life should be, stick to what life is. Like I said, when it comes to survival scenarios, I agree that men are stronger and gneetically designed to protect women, but that doesn't translate into every day life.

Regardless of what life is, mankind still consists of hunters and gatherers.

Our basic characters have not changed in 20,000 years

Have you noted how men and women disrespect each other?

I think it is because women do not need men in the protection and care way anymore and men do not see women doing their duty toward family by recognizing that men are willing to die for them.

We are losing our role as hunter and provider and you would also give up your role as protector.

Tsk, tsk.

Let women gather cities and nations and rule. They are the gatherers.

Our job and duty is to protect. We are the hunters.

Regards
DL

Pretty much, Dex.
"Moral men and women will deny women equal rights." I'd have stated it simply that mostly men will deny equal rights to women. And that's regardless of religion.

If we count Islam, I would say it is more because of religion.

Regards
DL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
FP - Some men are born earlier than they should - Some later - as they do not fit into that generation or even century.

I think you were born about 100,000 years to late.

Please name 1 character trait that man has lost in the last 20,000 years?

None. Neither has woman. Sure science has allowed us to do things differently but our characters are the same today as back when.

Men has always been the protectors of the nations and family and you would take that from us.
Tsk tsk.

Why do you see so many men disrespecting women and visa versa?

Because women do not need us anymore in that way and we do not see women doing their duty toward family by recognizing the men that are willing to die for them.

Regards
DL

Apparently the author forgot that in terms of intellect men and women are pretty much equal. But of course in the society envisioned in the article brains don't really matter very much.

Equal. LOL.

Te best man fo most jobs is a woman.

Regards
DL

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Our job and duty is to protect. We are the hunters.

Regards
DL

BAHAAHAAA

Too Late you chauvinist

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Equality means that we are free to develop, assess, and apply our skill sets as suits us, in each scenario and facet of life, as we see fit. It isn't about conformity, it's about freedom to follow our path, with our skills and abilities being the deciding factor, rather than our skin colour or our gender.

Our differences don't make any one of us better than the other.

I like this but you spelling is like when people want to make fun of my sssweat avatar. LOL.
I don't think you meant develop assess even as women develop fine ones.

Regards
DL

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I like this but you spelling is like when people want to make fun of my sssweat avatar. LOL.
I don't think you meant develop assess even as women develop fine ones.

Regards
DL

Hey moron... do you know what assess means? Do you know what a comma is used for?

Assess- To estimate the value of, or to determine importance of

And she put a comma between develop and assess.

And it is spelled sweet not sweat. Sweat is what comes out of your pores during exertion, stress, etc.