Montreal plans to dump 8 billion litres of raw sewage into St. Lawrence River

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
In Alberta, the province would be involved. I'm wondering what the province of Kweebeck has to say.
in Alberta, they would dump,then tell the public,state an investigation will be a launched,wait 10 years and find no fault with the decison making of such moves,and don't forget Alberta would fudge the documentation and silence any opposition regardless if they are scientists are not.
montreal should take some lessons.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
in Alberta, they would dump,then tell the public,state an investigation will be a launched,wait 10 years and find no fault with the decison making of such moves,and don't forget Alberta would fudge the documentation and silence any opposition regardless if they are scientists are not.
montreal should take some lessons.

Don't believe everything you read. Alberta is pretty aggressive when it comes to going after polluters.

Edmonton company fined for chlorine spills into river - Edmonton | Globalnews.ca

Yet, the practice still continues.

Apparently they aren't very effective, non?

Don't be silly. A sewage treatment plant of the size required wouldn't be built overnight. The city is working on it though.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Probably not.
Crude is mostly rotted vegetation that was subjected to high pressures and heat over a long time.

Seems to me we were taught in school that coal was rotted vegetation & oil is dead animals. :)

Christ, a few thousand years from now I could end up in some A$$hole's gas tank. :)

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Don't be silly. A sewage treatment plant of the size required wouldn't be built overnight. The city is working on it though.

Opps, my bad... Vancouver, being incorporated just recently in 1886 and Victoria in 1862 are essentially brand new, budding municipalities and would definitely need a few years to get those facilities together.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
They should be made to dump it just upstream of their drinking water intakes. I hope they don't come whining in a few years because their river is polluted.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
its a ****ty thing to do. ;)

Certainly doesn't sound too hygienic although in reality I suppose it's like putting an eye dropper full in a 45 gallon drum.............................but sh*t is sh*t. Montreal probably isn't too concerned, let Three Rivers and Quebec City worry about it. :) :) :)

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Opps, my bad... Vancouver, being incorporated just recently in 1886 and Victoria in 1862 are essentially brand new, budding municipalities and would definitely need a few years to get those facilities together.

Their date of incorporation is irrelevant. I understand that you believe planning, engineering and building a project of this magnitude can be done in a weekend. Knock yerself out

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
well, the Newfs could make some big bucks sellin' brown trout back upstream...
maybe even as far central as Toronto, or T'under bay

we'll get the mob to build it
they get sh!t done!

it might cave in in a couple years, but hey
sure as sewage, no one said it needed to be built to last

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Their date of incorporation is irrelevant. I understand that you believe planning, engineering and building a project of this magnitude can be done in a weekend. Knock yerself out

Well, I can appreciate that you, as a unionized gvt worker might need another 100 years or so, but anyone else would plan ahead just a little bit such that this never would have been an issue.

All the same, thanks for the laughs on the ridiculous rebuttal you provided.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Well, I can appreciate that you, as a unionized gvt worker might need another 100 years or so, but anyone else would plan ahead just a little bit such that this never would have been an issue.

All the same, thanks for the laughs on the ridiculous rebuttal you provided.

Your ignorance does not surprise me, nor does your blind hatred for all that is union. Clearly you have zero experience with this type of issue. If you did, you would understand that engineering studies and planning, environmental assessments and financial planning/management/agreements between and within different governments are incredibly tedious and time consuming. So much needs to happen before a unionized worker even gets involved.

If you're ever interested in learning something instead of spouting silly rhetoric, let me know and we can discuss a few infrastructure projects I've been involved in. It's quite interesting how it works. I know of a regional landfill that has been filling up and the current environmental regulations require the commission to spend over a million dollars on a new cell (this is for a community of 5000 give or take). Discussions have gone on for five years now and the current site is now over full with no action taken yet. The unionized hoe operator is ready, willing and able to start digging a hole as soon as the engineers and the politicians give him the go ahead.

Last edited:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Oh oh! You're upset again. I'm sorry. Perhaps if you just refrained from commenting on things you know so little about, you wouldn't get so embarrassed all the time.

There is huge entertainment value in watching you squirm and make a fool of yourself.

I absolutely love the fact that you still haven't keened onto the glaringly obvious, big picture.