Monica Lewinsky writes about her affair with President Clinton

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
If he can't be trusted, maybe voters and fans should.
but times have changed in that the public is beginning to understand being the president does not entitle the public to know about his sexual liasons, and he was not on a time clock so where it happened and when it happened still does not entitle the public to know or to judge him, no politician can be trusted...they all adjust the truth as needed.

But yeah, I'm sure the prick had to sleep on the couch for a wee bit.
or had been sleeping on the couch for years...we have zero idea of their marital arrangements she may even have known...that's why it is their business...just as it would be were it any other human being
Anyway, he's just like a shoplifter...first time caught but likely dozens (or more) previous of conquests. Kinda like that catholic fella they had as prez for a short spell.
yes people didn't seem to have as much problem with the Kennedy dalliances... guess they were better then at minding their own business.

In the end, they have to put up and bunk with each other. :lol:
If a person's sexual proclivities and exploits are supposed to make them unacceptable for certain jobs then it certainly would leave out a lot of the population for a lot of positions.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
who cares what he did...I don't, that is between him and his wife and his conscience...right?

so Walter I take it you contend that it is your place to judge him and not a matter between him and his wife and his conscience?

what do you perceive gives you that right?

I think you are right Sal, none of our business BUT once you cross the line into the public domain, should the rest of the country be trusting you when your spouse can't? (I don't have the answer)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I think you are right Sal, none of our business BUT once you cross the line into the public domain, should the rest of the country be trusting you when your spouse can't? (I don't have the answer)
we don't know that she doesn't trust him, we don't even know if she knew or not...not everyone stays in a marriage for the same reason

that's part of the equation

the other part is one's trust for another is subjective, for instance I may trust my neighbour to remove me from a burning car but I may not trust his assessment of a political candidate

He was definitely impeached.
I thought he was too

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
we don't know that she doesn't trust him, we don't even know if she knew or not...not everyone stays in a marriage for the same reason

that's part of the equation

the other part is one's trust for another is subjective, for instance I may trust my neighbour to remove me from a burning car but I may not trust his assessment of a political candidate

I thought he was too
I believe taxslave is a little off on the meaning of "impeached." A President (or other official) is impeached when a bill of impeachment, specifying the charges, is passed by the House of Representatives. The official is then tried in the Senate, with the Chief Justice presiding.

So, to compare it to criminal law, "impeached" is the same as "charged." In both cases, the result is either conviction or acquittal.

Clinton was impeached but acquitted.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
He was definitely impeached.

Yep, if memory serves me correctly I heard somewhere years ago that the actual definition of impeach is somewhat different from what common perception of it is. Perhaps someone can clarify this.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I believe taxslave is a little off on the meaning of "impeached." A President (or other official) is impeached when a bill of impeachment, specifying the charges, is passed by the House of Representatives. The official is then tried in the Senate, with the Chief Justice presiding.

So, to compare it to criminal law, "impeached" is the same as "charged." In both cases, the result is either conviction or acquittal.

Clinton was impeached but acquitted.
thank you...that has always confused me.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
but times have changed in that the public is beginning to understand being the president does not entitle the public to know about his sexual liasons, and he was not on a time clock so where it happened and when it happened still does not entitle the public to know or to judge him, no politician can be trusted...they all adjust the truth as needed.

or had been sleeping on the couch for years...we have zero idea of their marital arrangements she may even have known...that's why it is their business...just as it would be were it any other human being
yes people didn't seem to have as much problem with the Kennedy dalliances... guess they were better then at minding their own business.

If a person's sexual proclivities and exploits are supposed to make them unacceptable for certain jobs then it certainly would leave out a lot of the population for a lot of positions.

if this d i c k had done this anywhere else but the highest office-office in the land...sure. :lol:

nobody might care...except those that hold marriage as sacred and such. but anyway, this spaz fiddled with a youngster in the white house. the white house. guess if 'times have changed', so be it. it's their time not mine. pretty much any other type of job and you're caught banging the office girl, you're done man. :lol:

but it's ok 'cause slick willy is 'popular' again with his flock.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
And you probably would have a windmill in your backyard or be learning the Quran............in Arabic... or both :lol:

Not likely as Saddam was al-Qaeda's biggest enemy and doing a good job of keeping them in check.

I don`t think Gore would have won anyhow. He lacked Clinton`s charisma and it was really his arrogance during the Presidential debates that did him in.

If memory serves me correctly he had the majority of votes. This despite Clinton and the Dem party's failure to campaign for him. Ditto for Kerry in 2004 when he got Swift Boated and his party stood there like a bunch of idiots saying nothing and turning the other cheek like a bunch of prissy cream puffs. Then came 2008 when the Dems decided to hit the road and rally for votes. They did the same and won in 2012. At long last those fools decided that if they want votes they will have to earn them just like the GOP did in 2000 and 2004. Therefore, it wasn't arrogance but downright stupidity that cost them the victories IMO.