Mikey's answer to Stevie attack ads....

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I've watched three of the adds and I was surprised at the content. I don't think personal attacks help anyone and I don't these are going to help Harper. If anything, he is driving voters away.

brewmaster

Not even in an election

I can't stand attack ads, but the recent ones are even more disturbing because we're not even in an election. Harper should get his priorities straight.

The attached image is from Monday's Gazette--pretty funny.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Love to see the Libs having to spend money they don't have.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Like I said a while ago, Iggy's pretty crafty goading Harpy into attacking him at such a low level while he stands on a platform out of reach dropping little bombs of "Why doesn't Harper do this, or that?" in the goofy bugger's noggin.
I can hardly wait till Iggy takes over and scams aplenty are planned and hatched.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Never a dull moment in the sandbox....

Yup, and we can all see the sandbox is going to get a heck of a lot muddier soon.. I think Harper just saw he is not playing with Dion ( a bright but unskilled politician ) which Ignatieff is not by far. Layton realizes this and now the game is on..

Polygong

Electoral Member
May 18, 2009
Between Ireland and Russia
Laymton has a good spot. He sits back and snivels about both.

Being leader of a party that stands no hope of being elected is probably the easiest job in the world.

And Cannuck, Ignatieff didn't tell me what I am concerned about, he only echoed it. Are you trying to say that with so many people losing their jobs that Canadians are not concerned about the economy?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
And Cannuck, Ignatieff didn't tell me what I am concerned about, he only echoed it. Are you trying to say that with so many people losing their jobs that Canadians are not concerned about the economy?

What he said was "Canadians are worried about their jobs".

I'm not and I don't personally know anybody that is.

What he said was " Whether they can get EI or skills training".

Again, I'm not nor is anybody I know. I don't even know anybody on EI.

What he said was "Whether their pensions are secure".

I haven't given mine a second thought.

What he said was "What kind of jobs their kids are going to get".

I'm not worried about that. My kids will do better than I have done and I've done pretty good.

For somebody that says we need "a new kind of politics", why is he doing what every other politician before him has done and tell me what I am thinking. I guess it does help me in that, with Mikey telling me what to think, that's one less thing I have to do.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Laymton has a good spot. He sits back and snivels about both.

Of course, but depending on how well he snivels his popularity can go slightly up or down.. So he has to play his cards just right.. Problem he has is he will never fully control Government, so all he can hope for is a Minority he can drag by the nose..

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
lol I think Harpy and his finance crony might have boosted their popularity a little. They seem to be poking the credit card companies about their usurious rates.

I agree, but we shall see the shake out of it.. Can they keep what they gain or will it be one step forward two steps back ?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
What he said was "Canadians are worried about their jobs".

I'm not and I don't personally know anybody that is.

Ever heard of a company called General Motors?

What he said was " Whether they can get EI or skills training".

Again, I'm not nor is anybody I know. I don't even know anybody on EI.

Is that by good fortune ... or choice?

What he said was "Whether their pensions are secure".

I haven't given mine a second thought.

Again ... GM

What he said was "What kind of jobs their kids are going to get".

I'm not worried about that. My kids will do better than I have done and I've done pretty good.

They have lots of McDonalds and call centres in your world do they?

For somebody that says we need "a new kind of politics", why is he doing what every other politician before him has done and tell me what I am thinking. I guess it does help me in that, with Mikey telling me what to think, that's one less thing I have to do.

I can't see Iggy being any better than Harpo. Neither one of them is going to pull any rabbits out of a hat

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Ever heard of a company called General Motors?

Yup. They aren't from around here. Again, typical politician...Ontario is Canada I guess. Newsflash....GM has been going down the tubes for years now. Goodbye and good riddance.

They have lots of McDonalds and call centres in your world do they?

I don't imagine there is either within 60 miles. We don't need them here, we have other better paying jobs. In fact, if anybody needs one I can get them working tomorrow.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Like I said a while ago, Iggy's pretty crafty goading Harpy into attacking him at such a low level while he stands on a platform out of reach dropping little bombs of "Why doesn't Harper do this, or that?" in the goofy bugger's noggin.
I can hardly wait till Iggy takes over and scams aplenty are planned and hatched.

You mean like the current one that has Mulroney, (I mean Brian who?) taking manila envelopes stuffed with cash? That kind of scandal? So much for accountability. :roll:
At least with the Liberals, there was an economy to work in.