Mandatory long-form census restored by new Liberal government

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
It's simple for leftoid ideologue...
Everything Harper did.....Bad

Anything the shiny pony will do......good....and defend no matter what it is!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
why? what did the LGR do? it didn't impact crime, most people didn't bother registering it wasted a lot of money for a list that front line police offices said was useless (only the chiefs loved it) and made 2 million + Canadians paper criminals overnight.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I won't be filling it out.

You probably don't have much worthwhile to tell us.

The excuse they gave was privacy... but then they enacted C-51, so privacy is not actually a concern. What other reason could there be to getting rid of it?

Half the damn planet has given up far more information through their Facebook accounts. Everything is kown about everybody, somewhere. If you have a phone, a house, a credit card, the file on you is already a mile long.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You probably don't have much worthwhile to tell us.

Half the damn planet has given up far more information through their Facebook accounts. Everything is kown about everybody, somewhere. If you have a phone, a house, a credit card, the file on you is already a mile long.
That's an argument commonly advanced by those who don't understand the difference between giving up something voluntarily for a perceived benefit, and giving it up under government coercion.

Here's a hint: the difference is called "freedom."

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Funny how interesting people must think their lives are when in fact nobody except marketers care what you do.

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
The census was originally taken 10 years, now it is done every 5.
Some Canadians seem to be afraid that the boogeyman is hiding behind every corner and that by filling in the long form census is going to give him your deepest secrets. So far as I have seen there is no where that you are asked if you cheated on you wife though you are asked about your sexual orientation.
All the data is in aggregate form, so you will not be identified to Revenue Canada. None of the data is cross checked. Your income my be $67,000 but you fill in $5. The $5. Will be what is recorded for the census data.
People who purposely fill out the form incorrectly are just wasting, their own money. They mess up data that is used for building schools, hospitals, infrastucture. If you think that the government of Justin Trudeau gives a rat's *** whether some doofus is going to act like a toddler who doesn't want to eat their vegetables and knowingly fills out a form, that will be used for their benefit, incorrectly.. Well just stamp your feet and say you are not going to eat them, oh I mean, fill out the form.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Funny how interesting people must think their lives are when in fact nobody except marketers care what you do.

I'm pretty sure information gleaned from a census form would be ruled inadmissible as evidence in court. I would guess that for the sake of expediency most information would be matched with postal codes to arrive at statistics.