Mandatory long-form census restored by new Liberal government

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The census and C-51 collect different kinds of information. The information taken from the census is significantly less intrusive than C-51. It would make perfect sense if you actually compared the two with informed knowledge of both.

I really have no problem with either! :)

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
So how long does one have to live here to be Canadian ? My Irish side has been in Canada since before Confederation . I have no connection what so ever with Ireland .The English and Japanese for over 100 years .
So my Irish Japanese English son marries a !/2 Chinese Indian wife . Will their offspring still be Irish Canadian ? How much does race have to be watered down until I am simply Canadian ?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I liked that part
I’m just not sure that a 40-page census questionnaire is necessary. If no one had told us it was abolished, most of us never would have missed the thing. So why are we paying for it?
I'm sure that a lot of people in this forum that are cheering because it's back didn't even know it had been abolished, until someone posted in the forum......gawd people are funny....

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I liked that part
I'm sure that a lot of people in this forum that are cheering because it's back didn't even know it had been abolished, until someone posted in the forum......gawd people are funny....

Much to do about nothing............once every five years you have to spend an extra few minutes on a form. Just pretend you are filling it out to collect the lottery..................................in a sense you are! :) :)