Long Gun Confiscation in Canada.....yet again.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Reason was??? Possibly that it could be changed from semi to full auto? Magazine up to 30 rounds? Not sure why?
No links as to the reasoning.

The Swiss guns MAY have once been full auto. The Swiss military allows their soldiers to keep their issue rifle on retirement, but it must be converted to semi-auto only. My understanding is that because this is a factory operation, the only way to tell if the rifle was once full auto is by serial number.......thus ban them all, as any rifle that was once full auto is prohibited. (an idiotic idea in the first place....thanks Liberals!)

The Czech VZ 58 looks like an AK. It is an entirely different design, but it LOOKS like an AK, so the RCMP consider it a variant.........last rifles they banned included a .22 Long Rifle that LOOKED like an AK......so the RCMP used that as an excuse to ban them as an AK "variant".

BTW, both of the above are educated guesses..........I do not really understand the inner workings of the minds of the bureaucrats that are the goose-stepping gun control fanatics making these decisions.

The whole thing makes my blood boil.