London looks likely to win 2012 Olympics bid

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Jay said:
What you went through...what about little Ol' me?

You tried to get me drunk and hallucinating from crappy American cigarette smoke....I didn't know what I was supposed to think...especially the walk on the beach stuff… :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: OK, you made me laugh on an otherwise hectic day. So I will NOT respond in kind :p

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

London 2012 has released stunning new images of the state-of-the-art Olympic Stadium at the heart of the capital's plans.
The computer-generated illustrate how a stadium purpose-built for Athletics would provide an unrivalled experience for both spectators and competitors.

------------------------------------------------------

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
This is what it will look like with the roof closed -

-----------------------------------------------

The hockey stadium which will be built especially for the London Olympics -

------------------------------------------------

And the new Wembley Stadium, which will be completed in 2006. It will be the home of the England soccer and rugby league teams and will be one of the venues hosting the soccer tournament. every time a goal is scored, the huge arch will light up and flash, and it can be seen from miles around.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
PARIS - Paris mayor Bertrand Delanoe says British prime minister Tony Blair and London bid leader Sebastian Coe "crossed the line" by criticizing other cities that were vying for the 2012 Olympics.

Last week, London was awarded the 2012 Games over Paris, Madrid, New York and Moscow.

"They crossed the yellow line with respect to the IOC rules," Delanoe told France-Info radio Monday after a meeting of the Paris city council.

Delanoe did not offer specific accusations, though two consultants for the British bid were critical of the sightlines at the Stade de France, considered a centerpiece of Paris' bid. Under IOC rules, the bid cities are prohibited from criticizing each other.

However, after reviewing the remarks, Paris officials decided not to complain to the IOC ethics commission. The IOC said it wouldn't pursue the matter.

On Saturday, IOC president Jacques Rogge said none of the cities broke rules designed to stamp out corruption in the bidding process.

Paris bidders were reportedly angry that Blair had met with IOC members in his hotel room in Singapore.

"There's nothing wrong with having a conversation with a major politician from a bid city," Rogge said.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Paris was shocked that they didn't get the games, they feel like they were cheated out of them. And since England and France have always had a bit of a rivalry, it just adds fuel to the fire.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I remember getting off the train in Paris from London (via chunnel), I went straight to a coffee shop for a quick bite and something to drink, I remember the waiter asking me where I was from, I said New York and just arrived from London.

He said, why did you bother going through London? No tip for him :p

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I love the line in Snatch when the american gets back to the states and is in customs ."Do you have anything to declare"Yea don't go to f**king England :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
If she wants to see Goofy, just tell her to switch to Fox News.
Actually disneyland is fun, but that is NOT a vacation, and I hope you mean the one in Florida because the one in California sucks.
You need a week to recover after Disneyland, and Disney doesn't have topless beaches :p. Go to Spain :p

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yea she means the one in Florida .If we do go I'll be looking forward to going to the cape 8) The wifes been she even watched a shuttle launch 8) If we go I told her that they have to be launching then to or forget it :wink:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I've watched a shuttle launch. I tell you, watching it on TV doesn't do it any justice, you're miles away and you can hear the dam thing roar, plus they have speakers where the spectators are and you can hear the controll room stuff. 8)

Hmmm...nah...go to Spain :p