London looks likely to win 2012 Olympics bid

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: London looks likely t

Well Canada gets 2010 so I think 2016 would be too close to get games again. But who knows? If the US of A keeps doing what they are doing now in the world, it may be a long time before they get them again. I would like to see Argentina or Brazil get them for 2016.

New Yorks bid was sort of a last minute emotional bid due to 9/11 and would of had a better chance of getting the games for 2012(They had the sympathy of the planet until Iraq) but because of unpopular American led occupation in Iraq and since the IOC being so political, thats what cost them.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Bah, I would of liked to see them in New York, but London is just as good. And it seems we are going along with the infrastructure improvements anyway. New railways etc....

The IOC should permanently hold the games in Greece in my opinion. The Olympics are not what they were meant to be. During the ancient Olympics all wars were stopped, and the soldiers killing each other were competing in a peaceful way.

Get that ideology going again and that would impress I think everyone.

Good for you London, hell better than France. :p

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I would like to see Argentina or Brazil get them for 2016.

I would like to see Iraq in the running. or some other less prominent nation. Just for some balance. :wink:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Don't get all jumpy, this has nothing to do with Freedom Fries or any of that bullshit. In a race between London and Paris, I choose London. The French needed their ego's deflated. This was good. Hehehehe :twisted:

Toro

Senate Member
Re: RE: London looks likely t

Jay said:
Blackleaf said:
Toro said:
Current odds to host the 2012 Olympics, from TradeSports.com

Paris 73%
London 23%
New York 3%

http://www.tradesports.com/

Well, we can throw those odds out of the window, now.

Another British victory over France - and just the week after celebrating a British victory against France at Trafalgar.

:lol: You really don't like those French eh? :lol:

Blackleaf, what did you do after Zidane score twice in added time at Euro 04?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

Toro said:
Jay said:
Blackleaf said:
Toro said:

Paris 73%
London 23%
New York 3%

Another British victory over France - and just the week after celebrating a British victory against France at Trafalgar.

Nothing the Greeks won :D :headbang:

Toro

Senate Member
RE: London looks likely t

I was listening to NPR on the way home and they were interviewing French journalists after London won. One of the reasons suggested was the defeat of the European consitution vote and the constant negativity in the French press about globalization.

On a wonderful note of irony, a few minutes after the announcement, it started to rain on those gathered outside in Paris ready to celebrate the imminent victory for Paris. Hahahaha.

Toro

Senate Member

I think not said:
Toro said:
Jay said:
Blackleaf said:
Toro said:

Paris 73%
London 23%
New York 3%

Nothing the Greeks won :D :headbang:

For heaven's sake. You would've had to lock all the windows and remove all the sharp objects if Blackleaf were around. :wink:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Toro said:
Well, I guess its fair to say that ITN's last name has a lot of letters in it, especially Os and Us.

ITN, are you George Stephanopolous?
:wink: :wink:

I Think.......NOT . Speaks for itself. :wink:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

Toro said:
Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Gore. I've been wondering what you've been up to lately.

Gore? The stiff? Everytime I saw that man turn his head, I thought for sure his neck was going to snap. Further back in time Toro, just a tad further. :p