Liberal MP's anti-Islamophobia motion set for debate next week

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Respect amongst race is always nice, but to actually have it tabled in Ottawa, for one particular group is prejudiced?? How about launching a study of all racism, as far as I know, the Two Canadian Force Officer, Corporal Cirillo and Officer Vincent were not Muslims, so shouldn't there be a similar motion put forth for whatever religion they practiced, obviously someone hated them enough to kill them.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Respect amongst race is always nice, but to actually have it tabled in Ottawa, for one particular group is prejudiced?? How about launching a study of all racism, as far as I know, the Two Canadian Force Officer, Corporal Cirillo and Officer Vincent were not Muslims, so shouldn't there be a similar motion put forth for whatever religion they practiced, obviously someone hated them enough to kill them.

whoa whoa whoa, were talking about White people who might have been practicing Chritsians here... They don't deserve special provisions because they aren't a special interest group like Muslims.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
It's a convenient motion to be able to do some indirect bashing of Christian Whites !!

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Well now we know that this 'motion' is very controversial and being debated by Canadians and the other parties in Ottawa, who've attempted to question this one and it's validity, since protection already exist for all Canadian, but they have been told no, any changes or recommendation will have to go directly to JT. I really do not see an additional layer of special provision for 'any group' as anything but favoritism, and this from our elected official !! On the contrary it brings attention to a group that does not want the attention themselves. There is something wrong, not one can be that dense.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It's a bad idea to single out any ethnic group for any special legal treatment of any kind. It is bigoted in its own way to do so.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
What do you think? Should the bill be re-written as the Combined Anti-Islamophobia and anti-Semitism bill? What are the chances that said MP would add another group like that .... one that he probably doesn't like?
Can't divide by zero, can you?

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
What do you think? Should the bill be re-written as the Combined Anti-Islamophobia and anti-Semitism bill? What are the chances that said MP would add another group like that .... one that he probably doesn't like?

Nope and she said she has no intention of changing her stance.

She used the Holocaust example but doesnt realize that the word "holocaust" has definite meaning when compared to Islamophobia which is an all or nothing term.

If she has to define Islamophobia she will find that what she wants is already covered in our Charter of Rights.

Props to David Anderson, we can expect the media to scrutinize his every move now to make him look intolerant.

My last paragraph is a personal opinion

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Well now we know that this 'motion' is very controversial and being debated by Canadians and the other parties in Ottawa, who've attempted to question this one and it's validity, since protection already exist for all Canadian, but they have been told no, any changes or recommendation will have to go directly to JT. I really do not see an additional layer of special provision for 'any group' as anything but favoritism, and this from our elected official !! On the contrary it brings attention to a group that does not want the attention themselves. There is something wrong, not one can be that dense.

It is almost unknown for an MP to have to consult with the PM over their motion. I find it passing strange that this MP chose to do so. And you are right, Muslim groups have gone on record saying they feel no need for this motion.

She, CC. The MP is a female. And no, she made it quite clear that she is not interested in changing a single word.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Trudeau makes landmark speech on Islamophobia and Feminism

Canada > America

Last edited:

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Re: Trudeau makes landmark speech on Islamophobia and Feminism

It's like listening to a kid running for high school president.

Et pour mes amis, je vous presente, Blanc-Neige et les sept nains! Ils chantent, "The Silly Song"!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR2SFDnHM_E

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

I'm a feminist. I just disagree with Justin on the definition of what a feminist is

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

A feminist.....except when parliament is in session....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFzdBdXLAq0

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016

Didn't watch it, but how many kids spoke?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Canada belongs to the BIS, lock, stock and barrel. Canadians are wage slaves and under the Truedough management team will remain heavilly vaccinated against common sence.

A landmark speech? Why do I doubt that?