Let's Bring Back the Old Gods!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
To a dog, every day is Hump day (or Frigg day, depending on what language he spoke). Most men wish it would be.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
To a dog, every day is Hump day (or Frigg day, depending on what language he spoke). Most men wish it would be.

In the olden days, after fire but before the refrigerator, in our small prairie village, dogs used to get hopeless stuck. The little old ladies and little old men who had no dogs of their own used to raise an unholy furour over unbridled public sex. The town policeman used to free them using hot water douses!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I remember a woman kicking a male mutt while he was stuck in her prize poodle. She was in such a rage she was hysterical. I think I pissed my pants laughing that time.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Now, gentle posters, I've been giving this some thought. If we, as Canadians, are stuck with a sovereign from the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (I know, they're calling themselves Windsors now), why not go all the way and not only have North-Germanic kings and queens but the Old Anglo-Saxon, Norse, Germanic Gods as well?
Tiw
From time to time, when bored, I slip into the theological debates on this message board. May I quote from one where tempers continue to rage?!
Quote:
"Jesus was a prophet!"
"No, he wasn't"
"Yes, he was!"
"No, he wasn't!"
"Well, what was he then?"
"He was God!"
"No, he wasn't!"
"Yes, he was!"
"There is no God!"
"Yes, there is!"
No, there is not!"
"You're going to go to hell!"
"No, I'm not"
"Yes, you are"
"There is no hell"
"Is, too!"
"Isn't!"
And so on, and so forth.

Now wouldn't an argument about Tiw or Woden be a pleasant change?
Try it, it may be fun!

Jesus Christ Almighty do you believe this?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Zeus, Elvis, J. Hendrix, J. Morrison, J.S.Bach, and Liberace are living in Saskatchewan. They have a "Hotel California" there by a little "Red House", and are writing lyrics to "Toccata and Fugue in D MInor".
Poseidon is playing in puddles as usual. Once in a while he and Neptune get into a game of "Battleship" and make waves. BIG waves.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
A great Sun Day, today! The Gawds be praised!

And no coyotes! They must have followed the Greyhound into Saskatchewan!