Legalized euthanasia- Good or Bad?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It might be better to wait and suffer a little longer.

I'm pretty excited about trials treating MS with stem cells. It can get pretty nasty at times. If lucky I've got another 25 years and pondered what to do if it got out of hand. Would I want my plug pulled?

The beauty about choice Petros is that you get to make one, one that suits you and your circumstances and your family's.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Legal or not the choice was/is always there.

That's true but it nice to know the support will be there. How heartbreaking is it when you hear stories of a seventy some odd year old who's been arrest in the death of their spouse, a spouse who was suffering from a known painful, debilitating and terminal disease? You just know, at least in the majority of those cases, that they were begged for help.

I've never advocated for the choice for anyone to end their life at any time they choose. Of course, they can do that on their own and there's nothing any of us can do about it. But someone who has contracted a painful and terminal illness? They should have some say in how they go out. A drooling incoherent mess wasting away or at some earlier point, where they can maintain a little dignity? Who's life is it anyway?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I'll probably ride it out.

I wish them luck.
I could let them have some old warehouses next rail line that goes to a very big swamp, you know, quiet neighbors if there were any that is.

Get the right bacteria/virus combination database and that could help a lot of communities. Isolation as already there and the wind blows over swamp and other wilderness areas. Loggers don't even go there.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That's true but it nice to know the support will be there. How heartbreaking is it when you hear stories of a seventy some odd year old who's been arrest in the death of their spouse, a spouse who was suffering from a known painful, debilitating and terminal disease? You just know, at least in the majority of those cases, that they were begged for help.

I've never advocated for the choice for anyone to end their life at any time they choose. Of course, they can do that on their own and there's nothing any of us can do about it. But someone who has contracted a painful and terminal illness? They should have some say in how they go out. A drooling incoherent mess wasting away or at some earlier point, where they can maintain a little dignity? Who's life is it anyway?

You bet, and besides it would be nice to be able to free that money up to help someone who can be successfully treated.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I could let them have some old warehouses next rail line that goes to a very big swamp, you know, quiet neighbors if there were any that is.

Get the right bacteria/virus combination database and that could help a lot of communities. Isolation as already there and the wind blows over swamp and other wilderness areas. Loggers don't even go there.

Are you listening to the link I sent?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
When the time comes it will take some serious flex balls to go for it.
Watch that guy waiting for that tidal wave come for him. Other than turn his face away at the last minute he didn't flinch. That's a brave as I've ever seen. My 'heroe' got booted in the nuts by a horse that didn't like him, he made hero status by getting up in less than 30 minutes, other than that, well I'm not a role model either.

Are you listening to the link I sent?
Why? A view from space, what does that have to do with the David I. vid? Does he have it wrong? Does Ben Freedman have it wrong?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Watch that guy waiting for that tidal wave come for him. Other than turn his face away at the last minute he didn't flinch. That's a brave as I've ever seen. My 'heroe' got booted in the nuts by a horse that didn't like him, he made hero status by getting up in less than 30 minutes, other than that, well I'm not a role model either.

Why? A view from space, what does that have to do with the David I. vid? Does he have it wrong? Does Ben Freedman have it wrong?

Listen and find out. Seriously. It's not a ruse. You'll thank me.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Is there anyway to not get to Ireland by raft by jumping in the ocean due west of Egypt? I left them behind about that time
Why are you punishing me? (astronomy and astrology are not the same)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Is there anyway to not get to Ireland by raft by jumping in the ocean due west of Egypt? I left them behind about that time
Why are you punishing me? (astronomy and astrology are not the same)

Due west of Egypt would put you in Libya..............................pretty tough rafting.:)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Due west of Egypt would put you in Libya..............................pretty tough rafting.:)
There is also a Canadian saying that says, 'Go West, Go West, go west as far as you can, . . . but don't cross the Rockies.' You can ignore the last part.

Pre or post denudation of north Africa?
The cause of it, some **** about a lot of rainy days when the old forecast said sun, like the last 360,000 years. Suddenly everybody went west didn't even stop for a beer.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
More west, turn left and go north 1 1/2 tanks of regular grade gas, stop when the signs say stop, it's faster that way. At the prison don't stop or in the valley of giants. You can stop at the horizon (last one really) where the curvature of the earth and can be seen. Mileage varies after that point.

Now to twist that into something that makes a canned movie pale by comparison. Can the 'Dr. Phil phone scam' work on an VR environment where the watcher has some options as to how it plays out so the actors would green screen 20 different possibilities

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Pre for sure. I'm not sure if MHz has thought that far!:)
Rafts work better if you have wood, once you float it into the deep water the cuttent taks you to central America whether you want it to or not. If you prefer to stay afloat the next stop if NFLD, Canada and then you float over to the UK. What is your method, beat up a Neanderthal and claim a prize?

Drive safe!
44ft top

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I don't know about anyone else but I sure as hell am ecstatic about this news.

If you are someone who doesn't like having to endure unfathomable pain and suffering, you would like it to.

Of course, if you're some kinda sadist who feels people need to foolishly carry on with life until their very last breath, then I guess you probably wouldn't like this concept.