Latest Federal Polls

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The question in Canada as always is how unpopular are the Liberals?

If they are massively unpopular like the end of the Chretien/Martin dynasty you can end up with a conservative government.

Otherwise is liberals and liberal minorities.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

If they are massively unpopular like the end of the Chretien/Martin dynasty you can end up with a conservative government.

If the latest polls are to be believed the liberals are very unpopular at present .

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

The latest poll averages show the Conservatives with a 21.5% chance of a majority, and a 59.6% chance of a minority, for a 81.1% chance of a win.

The latest poll show the Liberals with a 4.5% chance of a majority, and a 13.2% chance of a minority, for a 17.7% chance of a win.

Poll Tracker: Federal poll averages and seat projections | CBC News

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
What a difference a few months make. I wonder if Warren Kinsella feels like he should have held off with his prediction?

10 Reasons Why Trudeau Will Win The Next Federal Election - 06/26/2017

1. He's doing the right things.
2. He's not doing the wrong things.
3. Staying out of the papers.
4. Cooling it with the selfie stuff.
5. Opposing Trump's manifest destiny.
6. No scandals of significance - no real scandals, even.
7. No nasty fights with the provinces.
8. He's got luck to spare.
9. He's hard to hate.
10.He's likeable.

Oh boy...how things change.

justlooking

Council Member
May 19, 2017
I'm looking forward to Andrew as PM.

Don't jinx it please.

I'd vote for a root canal over Trudeau

I'd vote for a root canal with no anesthetic over Trudeau.

My dog would make a better P.M. than Trudeau!

My CAT would make a better PM.

And voting against Harper made Justin PM.

It sure wasn't his policies, his intelligence, or his honesty.

Father's name, which duped so many. Hopefully some eyes have opened.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Get rid of the party system and this stupid dichotomy that divides and conquers us will go away. Any majority government becomes dictatorial. All MP should be independents and all law passed by consensus. You would have local representation, no corporate control of parliament and government would represent the people and all of the provinces.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Get rid of the party system and this stupid dichotomy that divides and conquers us will go away. Any majority government becomes dictatorial. All MP should be independents and all law passed by consensus. You would have local representation, no corporate control of parliament and government would represent the people and all of the provinces.

Yes, hmmm, a no party system is a one party system by another name...
:)
We could call it communation!

I guess it's all good, Until they take everyone's guns and shoot all the people with glasses.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Y'all love fascism, eh!

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Of course you are. Conservatives are mostly fascist leaning, religious fruit loops like your idol, Harpo.

I could see how someone who shares political ideology with Karl Marx such as yourself would see any other perspective this way.

When you've convinced yourself that literally everyone around you lacks rationality or intellect, there exists another possibility...maybe it's not everyone else.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I could see how someone who shares political ideology with Karl Marx such as yourself would see any other perspective this way.

When you've convinced yourself that literally everyone around you lacks rationality or intellect, there exists another possibility...maybe it's not everyone else.
Oh, so now I'm a communist becuz I don't subscribe to Sheere's fascist agenda. I wasn't aware that an anarchist could also be a communist. Thanks for setting me straight.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Oh, so now I'm a communist becuz I don't subscribe to Sheere's fascist agenda. I wasn't aware that an anarchist could also be a communist. Thanks for setting me straight.

I didn't say you were a communist, I said you share a political ideology with Marx. Did you not indicate a preference for social rule over capitalism?