Lance Armstrong-The Roof Continues to Fall In !!!

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I'm not sure of the exact date. I'll have to look it up in my datebook.

LOL...none of them dominated a sport dominated by druggies. Anybody that knows anything about cycling knows that there has been issues for years. A clean cyclist could not possibly dominate.

BTW, the only two on the list you provided that have dominated their sport even close to Armstrong is Phelps and Woods. I believe both were using performance enhancing substances.

Piss poor answer.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
all of whom get usurped after a year or two on top, by younger competitors. Seven years at the very peak of your sport, through cancer and all.... I can see why he's uniquely doubted.
You need to read up on these athletes.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
all of whom get usurped after a year or two on top, by younger competitors. Seven years at the very peak of your sport, through cancer and all.... I can see why he's uniquely doubted.

Actually, if you look alot closer at some of those athletes their individual accomplishments are not really as impressive as they look at first glance. Look at Gretzky....215 points in one season but look at the team he played on compared to Super Mario. Had you taken him and Lemieux and switch them, Lemieux may very well have gotten 215 points. Hell, Marcel Dionne's accomplishments are more impressive than Gretzky's give the weak teams he played on.

As for Pete Rose, his main claim to fame is the all time hits leader...yawn...he was a good hitter that played a long time.

In any event, Armstrong utterly dominated a sport rife with cheating. To do that clean is highly unlikely at best and impossible at worst.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Yes, indeed, if you did, you'd realize that anyone who does what Lance Armstrong did was quite obviously doping.
So the folks doing the 100's of tests were idiots or part of a conspiracy?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If you think so, sure.

If you bothered to do any thinking or reading, you'd know that testing only discovers things that are being tested for.

I'd have thought they'd be testing for illicit drugs and steroids! Didn't think it was rocket science. :lol:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
What drugs? What steroids? Which ones show up on the tests? Or is there one special test that comes back for all illicit drugs or steroids?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What drugs? What steroids? Which ones show up on the tests? Or is there one special test that comes back for all illicit drugs or steroids?

Does it matter? If one test will do the trick do one, if it takes several, do several.

Professional sports are sure getting to be Bullsh*t................probably have been for a long time. Just a lust for greed and fame, no sense of decency or fair play. It will just take one thing to stop it!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Can they test for blood doping?

bingo, because it isn't steroids at all.

the blood is being enhanced with better oxygen and other 'natural' blood enhancing
materials that are not part of any steroid product, very high tech very advanced,
and now it has been put out there, but even with future problems, unless they get
evidence from others who were either part of the problem, or assisted in the problem,
the actual people doing the dirty deed will not be discovered, and it has to be
proven beyond a doubt, which isn't easy.

lance armstrong is only one person among hundreds doing the same thing, they tried for
years to prove it, did so with some others, but 'hush hush' is the key, and so many
people wanted to get 'him' that all the attention was on him, so all of the others are
now laying low, along with their medical people who help them, and they are not squealing
on each other like they are doing with armstrong.

I guess, just like the mafia etc., eventually they turn on each other.

it will all be forgotton soon, he is caught, that is what they wanted, and on they go,
in a sport that is well known for being dirty, until the next one is proven to have cheated.

my opinion is still the same, the cyclists, with their high tech blood enhancing techniques,
race faster than ever in the past, and lance armstrong is the best of all of them,
as, if there was 'no' cheating, he would be faster, and with cheating he is faster,
so he is the best cyclist, either way.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Lance Armstrong is a crooked conman. No matter how you cut it, he was giving himself an unfair advantage that all cyclists
didn't have. I'm sure I could find the considerable amount of money that his "winning" brought him but I'm not interested. I'm just glad he is finally caught and out of the sport.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Lance Armstrong is a crooked conman. No matter how you cut it, he was giving himself an unfair advantage that all cyclists
didn't have. I'm sure I could find the considerable amount of money that his "winning" brought him but I'm not interested.
I'm sure you have proof.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Proof. lol. Who here has proof one way or the other?

Personally I gave Armstrong the benefit of the doubt for a long time. But, I see no reason to take his word over the plethora of other athletes.